Author Topic: Review: Medal of Honor - Airborne  (Read 2334 times)

Offline Starfox

• Master Keeper
  • Totally Awesome Member - Won A Cookie!
  • Did anybody see my lenses?
    • The Foxhole
Review: Medal of Honor - Airborne
« on: May 11, 2008, 04:23:50 AM »
Bobdog offers us a tour of the latest installment of the Medal Of Honor Series, namely Medal Of Honor - Airborne. The game if following the MOH series tradition, taking place during world war II, and this time puts the player in the boots of a US paratrooper for a series of missions based on historical events (Sicily, Normandy, Holland...).

boddog's review is available right there. Good reading.

Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination encircles the world. -- A. Einstein

Offline Joshua-kun

Re: Review: Medal of Honor - Airborne
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2008, 04:11:58 PM »
Bravo, Bobbie, well done!

I really did like the demo, but I was only able to try it on my older PC 4-5 months ago.  You should also mention in your review that you can usually pick up this title for 19.95 in most places.
Jya-shu-a-kuun

Offline bobdog

• Totally Awesome Member - Won A Cookie!
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2008, 09:24:01 PM »
I really did like the demo, but I was only able to try it on my older PC 4-5 months ago.  You should also mention in your review that you can usually pick up this title for 19.95 in most places.

I did -- right at the top ... where it says "Price"  ;)

The first level (same as the demo) is more a training mission and I much preferred the later missions, especially one in a factory complex, and one in a shelled-out town (where you can land in a church steeple and snipe to your heart's content).

Something I did neglect to add, is that once you've finished your core objectives, generally something new opens up -- maybe a new enemy comes in, or you have to storm a building. But it adds to the overall fun and longevity of the level.

Offline Joshua-kun

« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2008, 12:17:33 PM »
I did -- right at the top ... where it says "Price"  ;)

D'oh!  :realconfused:
Jya-shu-a-kuun