Author Topic: Friday The 13th  (Read 2098 times)

Offline mfw41

Friday The 13th
« on: July 13, 2008, 02:52:45 PM »

There is a Freeware game based on the F13 movies. You play as Jason slaughtering teens on the way back to Crystal Lake. The AI is terrible.

http://www.download.com/Friday-the-13th-3D/3000-7504_4-10802403.html?hhTest=1&tag=pub&cdlPid=10802404

Offline OrlopRat

• Totally Awesome Member - Won A Cookie!
  • Hangar 16 Leftover
    • OrlopRat at Deviant Art
Re: Friday The 13th
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2008, 10:32:55 AM »
 I've been playing this. The AI is indeed terrible, but the AI in actual slasher movies is terrible too  ;D  It's a third person game with a somewhat wonky camera, where you basically run around and slaughter people. Fair enough. The graphics are basic, but even so I experienced some pretty heavy lagging in a woodsy are, on a machine that runs Oblivion fairly well. Collision is interesting (you can walk into the middle of cars, and sometimes push them around). Gameplay consists of killing everyone in a given level, finding all the useful items lying around, and then you're allowed to move on to the next one.

The AI is very bad but amusing, the victims just run around aimlessly and scream, which I have to say I found kind of fun  for a while. Best tactic: Just stand there and wait for the victim to run right into you. Worked for me. Chasing and chopping didn't seem to get me anywhere. You get a choice of three different outfits and hockey masks based on the different movies, doesn't really matter though since they all look pretty much the same ingame. Still, it's nice to have a choice.

I lasted four levels before I got bored. Well, actually I lasted two levels before I got bored but I pushed bravely ahead. I'm not sure why but I did. Maybe it gets more interesting as you play further. I don't know. I never will. :sleepy2:

But it's free, and there's stuff to do. I could seriously bash it but I won't, I mean, some guy sat there and made this , then put it up for a free download so people who want such a thing can have fun. Bless his heart.

I've seen most of the Friday the 13th movies, even Rob Zombies completely pointless remake (who the hell told Rob Zombie he could make films? Probably the same guy who told him he could make music), and this game is about as entertaining as some of them were, which statement you can take as you will.  :lol:

Tiens, voilĂ  du boudin...