Author Topic: GOG.com - Good Old Games - DRM-free Games from Yesteryear for Purchase  (Read 9392 times)

Offline Stubby

• Forums Keeper
Re: GOG.com - Good Old Games - DRM-free Games from Yesteryear for Purchase
« Reply #15 on: September 23, 2008, 10:06:54 PM »
Well Josh, if that's the case, I guess I'll just have to go without a music track!! :'(  Still, I think that some games do better without music and I think 'RR' would be one of them, especially with the 'cuss pack' installed!! At least with that installed, I'd feel more at home!! :purplelaugh:

Offline Fanghawk

• Marshall's Machinima
« Reply #16 on: September 24, 2008, 03:36:34 PM »
Hey Stubby, apparently the in-game soundtrack is downloadable once you've bought the game..... can it be imported somehow? Or even stuck onto cd to be played at your computer, or perhaps blared out of a car window while screaming obscenities?

Now that I'm actually able to get onto the games catalog, I realize two things:

a) I will have no shortage of games to play in the near future and
b) Bank account = minimal

EDIT
Quote from: GOG.com
You've asked us to add this awesome soundtrack. So we did and now you can listen to this Psychobilly music all the time. If you already bought Redneck Rampage Collection at GOG.com, the soundtrack is available to download from the “My Account” page.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2008, 04:04:21 PM by Little Bugger »

Offline bobdog

• Totally Awesome Member - Won A Cookie!
« Reply #17 on: September 24, 2008, 04:23:12 PM »
Now, from what I read, all the games they release are supposed to be Win XP and Vista compatible, correct? If so, see if they'll have Project Eden on the list -- that's another good one that I just couldn't get working recently, so if they've got it configured somehow to play properly on Win XP, that would be ultra cool.

Offline Stubby

• Forums Keeper
« Reply #18 on: September 24, 2008, 06:55:11 PM »
Hey thanks Little Bugger, I didn't even see that!! Man, I just got new glasses and I'm still blind as a cat!! Well Little Bugger, it looks like we're in the same boat when it comes to your A.) and B.) above. I can see my credit card balance shrinking before my eyes, and I still haven't told my son that I finally got access yet. I know, I know, I won't win "Father of The Year" but, you see, I'm trying to save him from these horrible games so he can grow up to be the fine upstanding person his father is, or was, or hopes to be, or wishes he could be, but has no hope of being. See, I'm protecting the youth of America (my son) so he won't fall into the sick, horrid world of gaming.  What would happen if I let him start gaming and he finds the Foxhole Forums....how would explain that to his probation officer?? HUH???  Oh the Hell with it, he's only 8 years old and only likes racing games...no harm done. After all, he'll have his father there to guide him, right??....right???....right?? Where'd everybody go??

Offline bobdog

« Reply #19 on: September 25, 2008, 07:13:47 AM »
"Hey Daddy, I used your hotlinks on the internet and went to some place called Foxhole. There was this weird person spouting absolute nonsense at all times of the day. And the funny thing is he got attacked by cats -- cats, Daddy, cats!! Ha ha. That goofy guy. So do you know who this "Stubby" guy is? He deserves a whack as a knuckle-knob -- ha ha.... cats, Daddy, cats!!"

;D

Offline Stubby

• Forums Keeper
« Reply #20 on: September 25, 2008, 10:00:38 AM »
LOL!!! Bobdog, you are a nut!!! That WAS good!! :lol: However, just to let you know, I explained to him that, yes, daddy was attacked by cats that were released by a man named 'Dog, so when 'Dog released the cats, his daddy (me) countered with Silver's Brides which, combined with the reading of R. Wolf's new book, we were able to repel the vicious cats and live happily ever after!! I further explained that once the mean 'Dog realized he was defeated, and running away with his tail between his legs, he eventually married one, or two, of Silver's Brides and they too live happily ever after in a beautiful purple dumpster somewhere in the South of France near our beloved leader, Starfox. Now, his main concern is what happened to the cats (he's an animal lover) and I told him that half the cats were living with 'Dog and the other half invaded Starfox's humble abode and, not being a mean person, Starfox made 327 litter boxes out of old computer cases and that the last I heard, they were all living the 'good life!' Of course, he then wanted to know who Silver was and since I didn't want to corrupt the child's mind, I simply told him that Silver is a very nice man who loves 'roadkill'  and lives quite well with his new Chinese bride in a pink dumpster in upstate New York.

Offline Fanghawk

• Marshall's Machinima
Gothic on Gog.com
« Reply #21 on: October 28, 2008, 12:02:58 PM »
Gothic has arrived on Gog.com and can be ordered for 9.99, and is apparently fully Vista compatible. This may give me the push to buy it again, since I've been having some troubles getting the game's videos to play properly.

Commence buying rush! :turnhappy:

Offline bobdog

« Reply #22 on: October 29, 2008, 12:36:16 PM »
Hmmm ... I'm mighty tempted! My Gothic was DL'd from HOTU back in the day, but missing all the movie files. I tried it several months back but had difficulty in getting it to work properly so this is definitely of interest, especially being XP compatible.

Messiah is also on there, and that's a really cool game too.

Offline Starfox

• Master Keeper
  • Did anybody see my lenses?
    • The Foxhole
« Reply #23 on: January 02, 2009, 04:03:52 AM »
I really wondered who are the guys behind GOG.com; "What importance?" would you ask. Just curiosity. Anyway, I realized that all the news related to GOG.com available at our news provider originated from CD Projekt, the Polish publisher that also developed The Witcher (a game that I played during the past two weeks and let me tell you, it is pretty good).

So CD Projekt behind GOG.com? Well, I wouldn't put my bet on that since there has never been any kind of official announcement but if they are not behind it they are definitely interested  :lol:

Whoever the guys behind GOG are they are certainly very well introduced in the gaming business (they have to to get all those deals with publishers and developers).

I won't complain. Great resource for gamers who like good old games  :ok:

Edit:

Confirmation. It's indeed CD Projekt behind GOG.com; Hey, it's not weirder than Valve behind Steam  ;D
« Last Edit: January 02, 2009, 04:47:01 AM by Starfox »

Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination encircles the world. -- A. Einstein