Author Topic: Free Full Games on Gamers Hell  (Read 5628 times)

Offline bobdog

• Totally Awesome Member - Won A Cookie!
Free Full Games on Gamers Hell
« on: September 25, 2008, 12:14:08 PM »
Just saw this new section on Gamers Hell for free full games. The most notable recent offerings are The Suffering and GORE.

Offline Stubby

• Forums Keeper
Re: Free Full Games on Gamers Hell
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2008, 11:35:37 AM »
I LOVE YOU BOBDOG!!!! Do you realize how much money you saved me?? Of course you don't!! :onethumb: I went to Gamers Hell and downloaded 4 great racing games for my son, which means I won't have too shell out that many bucks for the games on GOG! Which, BTW, I still haven't told him about!! See, you actually helped me out and didn't even realize it!! I know, you're probably kicking yourself in the butt right now for doing it, but it's too late now!! :lol: Seriously, thanks for the link and I downloaded "Gore" and even though it installed perfectly, it wants you to install Net.Framework 1.1 (when you go to setup), which is included, but I already have NF 2.0, so I skipped that part. However, when I clicked on the exe. file to start the game it said, something to the affect, that Gore cannot start while there is another instance of the game running and then rambled on about getting updates and wanted permission to do it. So I gave it permission and then turned around and said that it could not retrive updates and therefore the game won't run when I click on the exe. And when I clicked on it again, it gave me the same error about 2 instances running. So, I did what every redblooded American male would do......I deleted the damn thing!! 

Offline bobdog

« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2008, 05:49:56 PM »
Actually, I did see a bunch of racing games on there, so glad you caught that. Trackmania is one of the better ones.

I just let GORE do it's thing and it played fine. My gripe with it is that it is geared toward MP and there are no quick saves even on the SP mode. After dying for the 5th frickin' time on the 2nd map, I decided it wasn't my cup of tea. In general, it's similar to Sin or Quake 3D in design.

Offline Stubby

• Forums Keeper
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2008, 08:25:03 PM »
Well, my son's quite content now! I downloaded the "Mercedes" game and the "BMW Challenge," among others, and I got to admit that the BMW game is really pretty cool. Everything is done with the mouse, steering (mouse), brakes\reverse (right button), accelerator (left button) and changing gears (wheel). The graphics are really well done and the music is pretty awesome too. I was never really into race games, but I gotta admit that this is defintly (sp) worth a try. Again, thanks for the link!! :onethumb:

Offline bobdog

« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2008, 02:41:54 PM »
Good on ya. By the way, have you looked at the free games on GameTap.com? You can DL quite a few good ones, including tons of former arcade classics. Might be some race games in that bunch too.

Offline OrlopRat

• Hangar 16 Leftover
    • OrlopRat at Deviant Art
« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2008, 04:29:26 PM »
 I have to head over there and check it out. I enjoy racing games. Which makes sense, since in my younger days I was heavily into slot car racing. Remember that?  ;D
Tiens, voilĂ  du boudin...

Offline bobdog

« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2008, 10:00:40 AM »
Now available on Gamer's Hell:

Broken Sword 2.5: The Return of the Templars (697 MB) -- this seems to be a fan remake of the Broken Sword series, in the adventure vein. And here's a walkthrough for it.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2008, 10:23:57 AM by bobdog »

Offline bobdog

« Reply #7 on: December 01, 2008, 07:56:55 AM »
PRISM: Guard Shield (1.47GB) is a FPS that contains a unique blend of stealth operations and fast action game play. The game focuses on the unconventional application of new and emerging weapons and surveillance technologies in the war against terrorism. PRISM takes place in the near future with the player becoming the newest member of a highly secretive homeland defense unit known as PRISM. PRISM: Guard Shield focuses on familiar locations in the US such as Washington, D.C. and San Francisco, CA. When terrorist activities are suspected or potential targets are identified, players are called into action.

Offline Fanghawk

• Marshall's Machinima
« Reply #8 on: December 18, 2008, 11:12:59 AM »
Is anyone having any luck with the free version of Suffering on Vista? I've been replaying the boxed version (patched to 1.1) and for the most part it runs well, but I've been getting sound issues. Sometimes sound effects and dialogue won't play, and it seems to be connected to the environmental audio will play when everything else won't.... even though I specifically turned off the environmental audio.

Offline bobdog

« Reply #9 on: December 18, 2008, 10:54:10 PM »
LB -- I played it on WinXP and it was fine. However, it does have an "ad-wrapper" that is linked to it and pops up Air Force ads regularly -- maybe you have an issue with that??

Offline Fanghawk

• Marshall's Machinima
« Reply #10 on: December 19, 2008, 12:33:02 AM »
Thanks Bobdog, but I'm on both Vista and the boxed version, so no ads with me. Just the sound. The game was designed for XP though, so I'm probably lucky to have had as few problems as I did. It just was especially annoying on the slave ship when almost all sounds (weapons, monsters, and occasionally Clem's dialogue) except for the sound of running water tune out.

I just beat the game again, thankfully with no sounds cutting out at all for the boss fight. Now I just hope that this won't be a problem for the sequel, which I'll likely get to shortly!

Offline bobdog

« Reply #11 on: December 19, 2008, 07:15:41 AM »
It's weird -- I played the sequel's demo when it first came out 4 or so years ago, and was completely underwhelmed. Then, I tried the first game this summer when it was released for free, and surprise!! I really enjoyed the game, the atmosphere, the scares, the enemies, etc. So now I've got to find the sequel too!

everything