Author Topic: Freebies from FileFront  (Read 7489 times)

Offline bobdog

• Totally Awesome Member - Won A Cookie!
Freebies from FileFront
« on: October 02, 2008, 01:38:22 PM »
I'm sure we all agree that FileFront beats the crap out of VilePlanet, and here's one of the reasons why! Three new free games are available for download: Area 51, Full Spectrum Warrior, and Rise and Fall: Civilizations at War.

Also, don't forget to check out the 101 Free Games 2008 available through FileFront.

Offline Joshua-kun

Re: Freebies from FileFront
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2008, 02:24:27 PM »
Gah, I hate that I can't seem to get this to download from their site without a D/L Manager...Area 51 alone will take me 8 hours to download at my speed...
« Last Edit: October 02, 2008, 03:06:16 PM by Joshua-kun »
Jya-shu-a-kuun

Offline Stubby

• Forums Keeper
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2008, 05:40:45 PM »
Well Bobdog, this is one download I can't thank-you for!! I started downloading "Area 51" and my anti-virus software went NUTS!!!  It detected something called 'Win32:JunkPoly(cryp). I'm using Avast AV and it scared the hell out of me when the siren went off and saying it detected a virus!! It's possible that it is a 'false positive,' but I kinda doubt it, so be careful when you download it. Man, all this time I thought we were friends and then here you go trying to give me a virus!! :lol: I know what it is....you're mad :redhot: because I defeated you Cats of Hell, isn't it??...huh?....Huh??? Yeah, I thought so!!! :onethumb:

Offline Joshua-kun

« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2008, 06:26:23 PM »
Stubb, I think it's a false positive because a LOT of people in the comments section stated the same thing about from their copies of AVAST.
Jya-shu-a-kuun

Offline OrlopRat

• Hangar 16 Leftover
    • OrlopRat at Deviant Art
« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2008, 06:35:23 PM »
  From what little I know, it seems that Win32:JunkPoly(cryp) is a worm commonly put into free games by the developer to enable advertising. Some antivirus programs, like Norton, don't pick it up, Avast usually does. But it seems to be "harmless", more or less. I've gotten warnings about it in the past from my Avast, and Spybot S&D found and killed it a few times, which prompted me to look it up a while back.

But bobdog is still probably to blame...somehow... :evil1:

Tiens, voilĂ  du boudin...

Offline Stubby

• Forums Keeper
« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2008, 06:44:57 PM »
Damn, does that mean I have to appologize to Bobdog??? :embarassed: Okay, here goes, Bobdog, I am truly sor...so...sorr...sor..., I JUST CAN'T DO IT!!!! Okay, let's try that again, I APPOLOGIZE Bobdog for thinking that you would try and give me a virus! I guess I was just experincing a 'senior moment.' Can you, will you ever forgive me for such a horrible accusation? If not, well that's okay because little did you know that I captured one of your cats during that raid a few months ago and I'm about ready to sell 'it' to Silver as roadkill!! NOW, will you accept my appology??? I thought so!!

So it WAS a false positive, huh? Okay, I'm going to try and download it again. Thanks for the heads-up Josh....I do appreicate it!! :onethumb:

Offline Stubby

• Forums Keeper
« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2008, 06:48:00 PM »
Yeah Orlo, Bobdog is to blame!!! I don't know how he did it, but I realize now that he did!! Of course, I'm relying on you Orlo, so if Bobdog gets mad....it's all your fault!!! Aren't friends great!!!! :hammerhead:

Offline bobdog

« Reply #7 on: October 02, 2008, 07:31:01 PM »
Two words for you guys: Worst. Friends. Ever.

(Well, actually, that's three words, but I didn't think you guys could count that high!   :lol:  )

Seriously though, I had no problems with the download. I always save the program to my HD, and then run it later. Don't know if that makes a difference. Also, I've got McAfee as my main virus detector, and no problems with that. I also DL'd Full Spectrum Warrior and am almost done with Rise and Fall. Don't know if I'll like them, but when they're free, it's not such a big deal.

Offline Stubby

• Forums Keeper
« Reply #8 on: October 02, 2008, 07:50:02 PM »
I re-started the 'Area 51' download again and, as expected, the sirens went off again!! This time, however, I just let it continue and I'm almost finished with it. Thanks Bobdog for the link and I shall humbly fall on my sword at your feet just to show you that all is forgiven......thank God for rubber swords, otherwise I may actually hurt myself!! :hammerhead:

Offline Joshua-kun

« Reply #9 on: October 02, 2008, 09:25:25 PM »
Anyway, thanks for the heads up on the goodies, Bobby.  ;D
Jya-shu-a-kuun

Offline bobdog

« Reply #10 on: October 03, 2008, 09:57:51 AM »
Yeah, yeah -- NOW you faun all over me. Well, I suppose I could forgive you this once. Just remember who's holding the leash to the "Cats of Doom" tm ... er, wait ... has anyone seen Fluffy?? Fluffy ... Flufffffffffyyyyyyyyy .... Sorry guys, be right back....  :-[

Offline OrlopRat

• Hangar 16 Leftover
    • OrlopRat at Deviant Art
« Reply #11 on: October 03, 2008, 10:55:58 AM »
 Stubby, we're safe now.
 I HAVE FLUFFY!

Once I feed him he's mine...

Tiens, voilĂ  du boudin...

Offline Stubby

• Forums Keeper
« Reply #12 on: October 03, 2008, 12:57:08 PM »
LOL!! :lol: Whew!! Now that Orlo has captured Fluffy, we all can now enjoy a peaceful night's sleep!! OrlopRat, that has to be one of the cutest pictures I have ever seen! :onethumb:  Well Bobdog, now that the leader of the Cats of Doom, 'Kitty Bin Laden,' (AKA Fluffy), has been captured and placed under  'litter box' arrest I guess your 'kittyist' (cat terrorist) group will soon fade into oblivion, huh?  You should have known that since the mighty hunter, OrlopRat was assigned to the case, your days would be numbered!! At last, a hero has arisen....HAIL, HAIL ORLOPRAT!!!  Let's Party!!!!

:crazybounce: :thumbsup: :happydrink: :toomany: :clapclap: :clapclap: :clapclap: :clapclap: :clapclap: :fantasy:

Offline Joshua-kun

« Reply #13 on: October 03, 2008, 05:27:08 PM »
...aaaaand, Full Spectrum Warriors crashes when I try to load it.  Fail.  :(
Jya-shu-a-kuun

Offline bobdog

« Reply #14 on: October 04, 2008, 10:05:59 AM »
Once I feed him he's mine...

Uh-oh -- did you feed him after dark?! Muhahaha!! You have fallen into the oldest trap in the world!  ;D  You should never bet a Sicilian, when death is on the line! Hahahahahahahaha -- urk!

:lol:

everything