Author Topic: Oblivion Screenshot Thread  (Read 115900 times)

Offline OrlopRat

• Totally Awesome Member - Won A Cookie!
  • Hangar 16 Leftover
    • OrlopRat at Deviant Art
Oblivion Screenshot Thread
« on: October 20, 2008, 03:52:15 AM »
   I'm starting this thread because  I take an insane amount of screenshots, and I have to put them somewhere. Actually, this is just like the threads over at the Beth Forums, only more interesting, and with a "Hide" button. I don't go to the Official Forums much anymore, I just go there and try to scan for any new interesting mods without reading anything philosophical. Or the endless piss stream of posts like: "hi i want 2 nowe wat mods are relly gud cuz im new 2 teh game and i saw lists n stuff but it was confosing...". You know. That sort of thing.

So here's some screenshots. Remember. Oblivion only, really, after all this is the Oblivion Screenshots thread.

No, wait, that's not Oblivion. That's "Air Buccaneers" for UT2K4. Fun game. You go up in these hot air balloons and shoot cannons at each other. I have to put that back in and play it again.

Now for some Oblivion:

That's not Oblivion either, is it ?  I think it's from Turkish Star Wars , but I'm not sure.

Here's a picture I actually took in the actual game we're discussing here. Which should be Morrowind but, no, it's Oblivion.
  This is the only screenshot I have ever taken where there is any kind of a real sense of PC emotion, with poor Grania looking scared shitless. Here is the full BIG version for your clicking pleasure, and below is a little detail:

Grania has an Akaviri moment:

Grania  is only half Khovian, by the way, on her mother's side. Her father was a bestial Breton drunk who was despached early on by a well placed Daedric arrow let loose by Grania herself. From her crib. Remarkable girl.

This left her with a terrible and abiding hatred of men, but happily with only a relatively mild distrust and wariness of women.

Sometimes she wears tight sexy chainmail, which hurts a lot but looks nice.

I found that particular armor when I was going through the 8 million wearable things BAB gives you in the install. The gauntlets are from Kalia & Floydian1's BAB Clothing , which is a useful thing for BAB aficionados.

There's also some sexy Thief's Chain in there:

I'm not sure how that outfit would be that useful for a thief, but, well, there it is. :bigcheek:

And a squirrel drinking Guinness, because, lets face it, that's what everyone really wants to see.
Tiens, voilà du boudin...

Offline OrlopRat

• Hangar 16 Leftover
Re: Oblivion Screenshot Thread
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2008, 10:10:44 PM »

Grania met a guar today.

It didn't try to eat me. Must be from MMM. It's the only creature adding mod I run.

This disturbs me. I'm not sure why, but it does.

Offline Silver Sorrow

• Forums Keeper
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2008, 09:44:55 AM »
For some reason, most of the guar my characters meet try to kill them. Maybe they know what I was doing to their little friends in MW...guar boots, guar wallet, guar belt, guar lampshades...

Maybe it's the mod itself. I'm currently running Frans, so...

I'm just glad there isn't any Khagouti yet. I remember one of my low-level MW characters being killed by one. So humiliating.

Anyway, here's a couple I dug up:

I don't remember posing for this.

Makes me wonder what else I don't remember posing for. Man, what a hangover. What the hell did I DO last night?? Urg. Palonirya sent me a message this morning, said she had a series of "erotic woodcarvings" that I'd be very interested in seeing. I have a bad feeling about this.

[I probably posted this next one previously.]

He didn't get the nickname "Sherlock" by accident, you know.

Well, since the Nord and the Dark Elf are dead, there's only one conclusion: it was the frail, elderly Breton lady. Saaaaaaay...you're a cute little foreigner. A little on the scary side, but I like danger. Someone with such exquisitely-crafted eyebrows just couldn't have killed all those people. Let's say you go wash all that red paint off your hands -- you're a hobbyist, you say? -- and I'll treat you to a night on the town. I know this little place in Chorrol with only one table. "Paint the town red," you say? That's clever! I like a girl with spirit. And, judging by the size of that dagger, you know how to take care of yourself, too. Isn't that -- ow -- is that...is that *my* colon on the floor? I've never seen it before, but I'm pretty sure that's mine...argh...

The problem with that one personality pose mod: she's looking at my crotch as she's speaking.

The subtitles say it all. :lol:

"Oh my god...Ka'zir! I think the soup's been poisoned!"

An interview with Kim Kardashian? Who wants to see that? I'd rather see an interview with the mortician's assistant who had to piece her head back together so they could have an open-casket funeral.

Offline OrlopRat

• Hangar 16 Leftover
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2008, 12:34:05 PM »
 :biglaugh:

Indeed. The Countess wants me, I always knew it. "Here's your Akaviri artifact, mmmmm...."

That stupid statue. You think someone would ask me what I want to be wearing? But no, it's whatever I have in my inventory right after I save Bruma, like Bruma is actually worth saving. Hah. (There's an Update My Statue mod that I find useful. I usually make it naked).

Bad Oblivion lighting, and a bear story. What more can one want?

I have no idea what's going on in this shot. I don't know who's dead, who killed him or her, and I haven't the vaguest idea who that guy walking away is. Or who my character was. Still...

Offline Starfox

• Master Keeper
  • Did anybody see my lenses?
    • The Foxhole
« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2008, 12:12:47 PM »
I'm rolling on the floor there...  :lol: :lol: :lol: :funup:

Carvain's sentence taken out of context sure means a lot  :purplelaugh: Considering the persistent winter of Bruma it's just natural that she wants to warm things up a little bit. It gives a whole new meaning when you have to follow her to the church before the big battle, huh?

"Come on dear, now that we've done the deed it's time to climb another step"...
"Well, yeah, sure...  About that all *climbing another step* thing, excuse me Countess but there's a battle out there and I intend to die in it. Oh and don't go search for my corpse, there will be none. Dremoras, you know... they tend to burn a whole lot of things. No hard feeling, eh? I'll call you back from some place... I mean Oblivion! Yeah that's it, let me call you back from Oblivion."
"Crap! That means I won't get to touch that beautiful thing again? Never?"
"Well OK, just once then. I know the perfect place in the Church crypt. And don't ask me where I got the keys."

As for Neville, he made me laugh a lot too. In fact I tried several combination (killing people in a different order) in this quest and I think it's still the best.

Oblivion is a lot of fun... too bad that most of this fun was not planned by Bethesda  ;)

Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination encircles the world. -- A. Einstein

Offline OrlopRat

• Hangar 16 Leftover
« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2008, 11:31:00 AM »
 Fun indeed. Morrowind and Oblivion, I'm figuring out, are more like toys to me, rather than games. They're the new cyber versions of my old Marx Playsets , and my Elastolin knights and castles, which I would adventure with, and modify to meet my tastes. Combine "modifying" with hard and destructive play, and I managed to  destroy all future collecting value. All that stuff would be worth a lot of cash nowadays if I hadn't messed with it. Oh well.

There are lots of fun things to do in Cyrodiil. Looking at dead sheep, for instance.

I refer the Elder Council to this article , a necessary bit of knowledge when running MMM.

BAB Girl Grania in Axil's Exnem Chaindress

"Does this outfit make me look fat?
Yes.
But I like it. Some of the most "realistic" chainmail I've seen.

Yes, my friends, we are playing with Barbie Dolls. Homicidal Barbie Dolls, sure, but Barbie Dolls nonetheless.

Grania's been trying out some stuff for other body types lately, and they often work. Like this Journeyman Armor  for UFF:

My apologies, Lord Vader, I have misplaced my helmet.

Nice armor, but the dark version works better. The white one is a little too John Mollo-ish for me.

Here's some of F&K's BAB stuff. Grania goes OldSkool.

The Helm of the Vanir is from some Conan pack, which one I forget.

Hey, it's Grania in Morrowind! With a guar!

Grania and Guar. A recurring theme.

« Last Edit: October 27, 2008, 11:35:48 AM by OrlopRat »

Offline Starfox

• Master Keeper
  • Did anybody see my lenses?
    • The Foxhole
« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2008, 12:37:08 PM »
Very true. We play with Barbie dolls... But we do have excuses. In real life they reserve all the Barbie dolls for Hollywood so we don't get to play with them. We have to find a substitute  ;D

Everyone have fun where they can. Some have fun playing with billions of dollars and occasionally crushing the world economy; we have fun dressing and occasionally undressing virtual Barbie dolls. What is the lesser evil?

General message to people concerned: stop fiddling with the economy; start playing games instead. It'll be safer for us all.

Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination encircles the world. -- A. Einstein

Offline OrlopRat

• Hangar 16 Leftover
« Reply #7 on: October 27, 2008, 01:36:05 PM »
 I agree. You won't catch ME starting wars and crashing the world economy. I'm too busy playing dress up with my computer dolls. And, believe me, it's best for all of us if we keep it that way. Really, it is... >:D

But, I ask, what is it with Grania and Guar?

Oh, OK, that explains it. Thanks.

Offline OrlopRat

• Hangar 16 Leftover
« Reply #8 on: November 25, 2008, 01:32:59 PM »
 Oh, screw F3. I just made a new friend!

Finally, a companion that doesn't annoy me.  :coollove:

And it doesn't snore :lol:

Meanwhile, I had a "what the (common expletive meaning sexual intercourse)? " moment today:

According to the ID it's a guard dog. Wondrous indeed. ::)

And, ummm. isn't this illegal?
  Monsters and bandits are bad enough, does this mean that now I'll have assassins from the World Wildlife Fund on my ass too?

Not that I don't deserve it, but.... :hammerhead:
« Last Edit: November 25, 2008, 01:38:22 PM by OrlopRat »

Offline Joshua-kun

« Reply #9 on: November 25, 2008, 01:43:29 PM »
That is an Epic Win!
Jya-shu-a-kuun

Offline OrlopRat

• Hangar 16 Leftover
« Reply #10 on: November 27, 2008, 10:21:14 AM »
 Indeed ;D

EDIT: (Well, not really an edit, since I haven't posted this yet) It occurs to me that such a terse response could be construed as padding my post count. To rectify this, I'll go through the trouble of posting a screenshot.

Grania and some dead dogs in the Kvatch Arena. What more could one ask for?

Stupid guards, perhaps? Sure thing, coming right up:

Then again, what the hell am I doing here? It's Thanksgiving Day for goodness sake. I should be off decapitating a turkey or handing out smallpox infected blankets or some other holiday appropriate activity.

So off I go then.

Offline OrlopRat

• Hangar 16 Leftover
« Reply #11 on: December 19, 2008, 01:53:00 PM »
 I really wasn't joking about my Bruma statue.

Admittedly though, it would look more striking if I used Exnem, but I don't, so we can keep the tissues in the box.
    Now we just need a mod that will make the statue poseable. Slof's Sexy Anims for Statues. That would be nice.

I have yet to find an Exnem mod that won't work on the BAB body...

...so I don't have to spend a lot of time deciding which body mod to use anymore. The current Bliviekid favorite, by the way, seems to be HGEC, which doesn't always work well with BAB. Every new clothing and armor mod I see now is for that one, but it's like 99% anime stuff, so I don't really care. :lol:

Offline Silver Sorrow

• Forums Keeper
« Reply #12 on: December 19, 2008, 09:25:18 PM »
That's the thing: I'm not into anime dresses or the H-cup phenomenon, so most of the new "armor" is lost on me, too. All I really wanted was the standard armors resized to match my favorite Eycandy variant, the HGEC Fighter (C-cup)...a little wider in the beam, perhaps, but she looks like she can take care of herself. (Not to this extreme, but the GUTS variant fills that order for those who like that sort of thing.)

Preliminary. On my tombstone (provided I don't just get a nearby stone as a marker over my shallow grave by the side of the road), I want writ: "He Made A Pretty Oblivion Character...Whose Face Tone Didn't Quite Match The Rest Of Her Body, But That Wasn't His Fault" (they may need a bigger tombstone to fit it all in):

Okay! Anyway, what I was talking about:

(Love those arms.)

(This, and the Saint armor, is as much skin as I allow.)

(I cobbled together a couple of meshes and textures to get the iron armor more protective in nature. The greaves are actually male pants with a skirt attached...and the...um..."unit" would sorta poke through the skirt until I squirreled around with the texture to make it blend with the skirt. It was a lot of effort for an armor set I almost never use.)

Then again, there is something to be said for giving the kids in Bruma something to look at.  :purplelaugh:

The Countess: I have here a petition signed by the Concerned Mothers Of Bruma league, asking for the removal of this...this...statue you have established in the corner of my town.

Sculptor: Eh? Huh. It's a statue, innit? What's wrong with it?

The Countess: Besides the fact that the soil around the statue is always...muddy...for reasons I am sure you can fathom yourself? Oh, nothing...nothing at all.

Sculptor: Right, I guess I can...dunno, put a scarf over it or somethin'?

The Countess: A scarf.

Sculptor: Right. She DID fight all them Daedra starkers, y'know. Pardon yer sensibilities, ma'am, but the battlegrounds were all white, see?

The Countess: [weakly] Snow??

Sculptor: Naw! 'Coz the Daedra kept comin' and comin' and comin'...

[Raucous male laughter.]

The Countess: The POINT, you stone-twiddling hack, is that the women of this town are protesting this statue--

Sculptor: --uh, mistress, what about the men?

The Countess: [deep sigh] They have vowed to fight to the death anyone who tries to remove it.

Sculptor: So what can I do about it?

The Countess: A poncho. A BIIIIIIIIG poncho.

Sculptor: I have an idea, mum...

The Countess: Yes?

Sculptor: Mebbe we can put the poncho on the ol' girl, then charge a few septims a peek.

The Countess: I will not be associated with such sideshow frivolities! At least, not publicly. I want 50% of the gross take and the final word on all concessions.

Sculptor: Right-o, mum. One big poncho comin' right up.

And thus was born Champion Land: people would travel from all over Cyrodiil to catch a peek at the statue, ride the ferris wheel, eat deep-fried Snickers...

EDIT: I hate to admit it, but in the last two pics, her head looks tiny. :madatwall: It's the armor; the normal Exnem clothes don't give that impression...as far as I remember, anyway...
« Last Edit: December 20, 2008, 01:40:28 AM by Silver Sorrow »
An interview with Kim Kardashian? Who wants to see that? I'd rather see an interview with the mortician's assistant who had to piece her head back together so they could have an open-casket funeral.

Offline Silver Sorrow

• Forums Keeper
« Reply #13 on: January 20, 2009, 10:48:08 AM »
So I'm thoroughly bored with Fallout 3...who'da thunk it? Mostly it's the bleak, desaturated feel of the game; even with Greener World, Pure Water, and Fellout, I miss the vibrance of Nirn. Xin agreed, and she paused in her hobby (killing stuff) to let me take a few shots. She's Shiangxi, so I took them as quickly as possible before she got annoyed with me. You shouldn't annoy them.  :lol:

Unfortunately, we started during the day in the HDR sunlight.

Ouch.

We agreed to meet later that evening outside the Merchant's Inn. I found a mage who could replace my eyes, so everything turned out okay.

Much better. For some reason, Viator Accius seemed to distract her.

Maybe it was the fact that he smells like old feet roasting in an iron cuirass fashioned into a makeshift oven.

"Ooh! Something shiny! Oh...just me."

I don't really like HDR. We had to move around a bit before we found a spot where the lights weren't turning her bangs into a supernova-bright blur. About that time her fingers started to twitch, a sure sign that she was anxious to zap something with a most horrible (but fun...for her) spell, so I said my goodbyes and skedaddled before I was turned into a greasy spot on the wall.

She did give me some ideas for enhancing the white armor and sword ("Here's how you make it not suck, scumbag..."), so maybe I'll work on that next.

Oblivion: not much game after a while, but you sure can take some pretty screenshots. ::)
« Last Edit: January 20, 2009, 10:52:17 AM by Silver Sorrow »

Offline Joshua-kun

« Reply #14 on: January 20, 2009, 12:03:59 PM »
I rarely comment on this stuff, but I gotta say...that is a truly gorgeous character and outfit you've got there, Silv.  If only the characters in Fallout could look that nice instead of dumpy.
Jya-shu-a-kuun

everything