Author Topic: Oblivion Screenshot Thread  (Read 127235 times)

Offline OrlopRat

• Totally Awesome Member - Won A Cookie!
  • Hangar 16 Leftover
    • OrlopRat at Deviant Art
Re: Oblivion Screenshot Thread
« Reply #15 on: January 20, 2009, 12:30:50 PM »
 Games set in dumpy worlds have dumpy characters, it's natural ;D

But damn, that is one of the nicest OB characters I've ever seen.  :onethumb:

I think I'll be off to Cyrodiil myself today. I'm even sick of taking pictures in the Wastes, let alone playing in them.

Tiens, voilà du boudin...

Offline OrlopRat

• Hangar 16 Leftover
« Reply #16 on: January 20, 2009, 05:16:16 PM »
 Ahhhh....dungeons, caves, and torches.

I'M HOME!

I've been playing that Aesgaard 2 quest mod thingie, and it's, uh, what's that word...oh yeah, it's good!

Real good.

Now, that's gaming.

"Oh crap...maybe I should have stayed in the Wastes..."

Nah.

Swords, castles, rivers of blood and dead pigs. Does the soul good, yes indeed. :lol:

Offline Silver Sorrow

• Forums Keeper
« Reply #17 on: January 20, 2009, 09:22:52 PM »
I rarely comment on this stuff, but I gotta say...that is a truly gorgeous character and outfit you've got there, Silv.  If only the characters in Fallout could look that nice instead of dumpy.

But damn, that is one of the nicest OB characters I've ever seen.  :onethumb:

By the sweat of Xenu's many balls! I'd hit that!

Thankya, thankya all. ;D   I had fun with her, since I find F3 limiting in so many ways...and until someone like throttlekitty ports the OB head mesh over to F3, I'm afraid we're stuck with the grimy, weak-chinned default mesh.  :lol:  I will say though that designing a few faces in the GECK and setting them as presets is preferable to my usual method for creating a new character:

Open Wrye Bash.
Go to the Saves tab.
Create a new proflle.
Enable that profile.
Exit Bash.
Start new game.
Choose race and gender.
Save game.
Exit game.
Open Bash.
Find savegame.
Right-click on save, choose "Import face"
Find savegame with desired face.
Import settings.
Exit Bash.
Start Oblivion.
Load savegame.
Open console.
Type "showracemenu"
Tweak face according to whim.
Save game.
Load game.
Look at face.
Facepalm.
Showracemenu.
Tweak.
Save.
Load.
Sigh disgustedly.
Decide to just get through the dungeon and deal with the fine details later.
Mommy Beth holds hand through dungeon.
Choose class...make sure it sucks.
Dance on Emperor's corpse.
Dungeon exit: make sure you like everything.
Exit.
Two hours of gameplay later, resolve that the sixth time's the charm and this is absolutely the LAST time you're going to fiddle with the face again.
An hour later -- the twelfth time proved to be the charm -- pronounce yourself happy with your character.
Change the hair color.
Change it back.
Change it back to the previous color.
Change it back.
Change the hairstyle. (x6)
Realize that you're going to be wearing a hood most of the time anyway. Worry about hair regardless.
Settle on hairstyle and color. Face is perfect. By now, you're at level 12 with no inkling of how you got there.
Random passerby comments that hair should be dark to offset the skin.
Kill random passerby.

...and so on. The hell of it is, I enjoy this sort of thing.  :hammerhead:
Fun Fact! The cheetah can run 75 miles per hour! Faster, if on fire!

Offline OrlopRat

• Hangar 16 Leftover
« Reply #18 on: January 23, 2009, 08:29:59 AM »
 Pretty much the same creation process here.

Load sewer save
Choose race, create class, choose other crap
Go to BASH and import face
Tweak
Exit sewer
Look at character in sunlight, tweak more until my eyes start to bleed
Apply compress to eyes
Go to Leveller's Shack
COC TestingHall
Fast travel to my IC apartment
Play, if I still have the strength
Quit game
Click "Don't Send" on windows error message
Stare at desktop
Feed cats.

I decided I want to play this mod , where you hook up with the Mythic Dawn after the MQ and find your inner evil. Grania refused to do this, so I recreated Morrigan from F3. This time with red hair, as it should be since she is the Irish goddess of war, death, and squashing toads.

"No guns? No slave collars? Hrummph..."

She could use some cool dark shades. There are mods for that, I'll have to look into it. :cooldevil:

Maybe I'll put her through the DB quests too. She won't have any problems with cleansing the Sanctuary. Even Kijo had qualms about that, but  Morgie won't.

Bitch. :coolcthulhu: 

EDIT: Since posting, I concluded that I liked the face so much I let Grania use it too, with less makeup and Grania's hairstyle, of course:

It never ends. ::)

« Last Edit: January 23, 2009, 09:45:17 AM by OrlopRat »

Offline OrlopRat

• Hangar 16 Leftover
« Reply #19 on: January 25, 2009, 10:27:52 AM »
   So Morgie's hanging around somewhere, trying to figure out how in hell she suddenly became Champion of Cyrodiil, (and why does Chancellor Ocato smell like tuna fish?) when she feels a tap on her shoulder...

OK then. Off she goes.

"How do I look? Is this outfit alright? I really want to make a good first impression, you know?"

After some walking, and killing about 900 MMM things on the way, she arrives.

"Hi! Is this the evil place? I mean, it's all red and stuff so this must be it, right?"

Indeed.

"Yeah! Right on! Sign me up!"

Only it's not quite that easy, you see....

A nice mod so far. the author says it's about as big as the OB main quest, so I should be busy for a while. From what I've seen it's well written, and with some halfway decent voice acting. We'll see how it goes.

Which means, OB Morrigan is redeeming herself with the Mythic Dawn, OB Grania is hacking her way through Aesgaard 2, while MW Grania is mucking about in Tamriel Rebuilt, and F3 Morgie is looking for more poor souls to enslave.

Good times. :hammerhead:

Offline Silver Sorrow

• Forums Keeper
« Reply #20 on: January 28, 2009, 10:29:07 PM »
While Xin takes care of Su-van (which makes perfect sense: who better to take out the Dragon's wayward child than a Xiangshi?), I wandered over to Dungeon Siege and made a melee-oriented character. An hour or so of that later (DS is like that...you think you're only going to play for a few minutes, and where did all this sunlight come from??), I decided to apply that to an OB character *with* MMM and Frans...because, frankly, I don't feel my computer crashes enough. So:

She's Par Ven Au (Parvenner). She's not a happy one. Yes, she's based on this character, but improved in many ways. I think.

But I do get tired of running in slow-mo through the wilderness...low-level Heavy Armor sucks...and I go back to Xin, who is experimenting with all these wonderful spells she has at her disposal. When she stumbled upon a ruin full of Necromancers, she had a twisted little idea. Give it up for her (Censored) Reanimated Necro Posse!

She even discovered that you can reanimate Vampires, too!

You may be asking, hey numbnuts! Why are they all naked? Well, why the hell not?? I went through a bunch of body replacers and their infinite supply of variants to get a good-looking female form, so I'm making the most of it. (Body by RAIAR: HGEC Fighter EBE...high-res textures by someone or other...a willingness to ignore the outside world courtesy of myself...)

Haven't seen a lot of great OB mods lately...well, apparently Sickleyield is adapting the FF body (I think) to F3: UF3 Body Replacer WIP/Updates (Warning, Naked Dismembered Dead People) (no kidding...lotsa nudity, so be warned). As you will see, I left one of my standard less-than-intelligent comments, but at least it was complimentary. This totally beats the shit out of the current Duke Patrick's I Have Way Too Damn Much Free Time On My Hands, for sure. Colourwheel's still at it, as is Alexscorpion, not to mention A TYPE2...and I found this interesting as well. Although those are HGEC EBE bodies, they look great for all players. :lol:

So I pop in to Vvardenfell (ha! Two ells!) once in a while...the compilation of leftover armor sets is going well enough, but I'm not killing myself over it, then back to OB, a bit of Dungeon Sieging, Silverfall ignoring (don't like the camera at all), and Loki shunning (Starforce...)...and no F3 to mention. I played the hell out of it; let it rest for a while. Biting a few necks in Bloodlines. Maybe a trip back into Mass Effect? Love watching (female) Shep walk.  :lol:

Forum Restriction Notice
Some of the content of this post is not visible for  Guests.
You must be logged in to view the full content.

Offline OrlopRat

• Hangar 16 Leftover
« Reply #21 on: January 29, 2009, 02:57:53 PM »
 I never think to use reanimation spells, but now I'm inspired, so I will. I'm slow with this stuff. I only recently figured out what poison is for in OB. In real life I know, and use it frequently, but not in the game.

I'm kind of stuck on the BAB body. I retexture it off and on but still it's BAB. Big tits and sword combos make me nervous. Call me paranoid, and you'd be right on so many levels, but that's the way it is.

Perky:

Good links there :onethumb: I never heard of or went to Lipsand Tarn before, a hell of a place to go fetch some armor, but well worth the trip.

My Oblivion has been crashing a lot today. It was fine until this morning, but now it's CTDing randomly when I equip stuff and once when I fast traveled. No pattern, but four times in three hours of play. Nature of the beast. It'll work itself out.

Maybe I should post my load order though, like they do at the Beth forums, and somebody can help me:

Oblivion.esm
Morrowind.esm
MMM.esm
ooooooo.esm
more_bosmer.esp
InstaCrash.esp
MMMmore_rats.esp
MMMeven_more_rats.esp
source engine.gcf
TheGatemap1.bsa

I don't really see any problems, but if anyone has an idea please let me know.

Forum Restriction Notice

Offline Joshua-kun

« Reply #22 on: January 29, 2009, 04:29:18 PM »
Did you try the power switch, sir?  And no, your CD Tray is not a cup holder...

:lol:
Jya-shu-a-kuun

Offline The Rogue Wolf

• Forums Keeper
« Reply #23 on: January 29, 2009, 06:21:11 PM »
more_bosmer.esp
Yeah, I see a problem there.

:realconfused:
"Choice one: we flank them using what military men called tactics, and what religious men call divine inspiration. Or, we charge at them head on screaming various obscenities, in what military men call bravery and religious men also call divine inspiration."

Offline OrlopRat

• Hangar 16 Leftover
« Reply #24 on: January 30, 2009, 11:40:29 AM »
It is too a cup holder! What else could it be for? Why is there a hole in it then? I read somewhere that people have actually put things like CD's into it, but that's so silly I think it's an urban legend.
  And my computer doesn't have a power switch. A few turns of the crank until the light burns steady usually does the trick. :computerfix:

Yeah, I see a problem there.

:realconfused:

You know, that could be it, but it's one of my "must have" mods so it stays in. ;D

Offline Silver Sorrow

• Forums Keeper
« Reply #25 on: January 30, 2009, 01:03:49 PM »
Rotary CPU! Much better than my hamster-based power supply. I usually just hit it with pure adrenaline so he cranks that wheel all the faster...sure his little heart explodes eventually; that's why I have a box of hamsters as backup. (Not to be confused with my box of mice, for when I need a stress-squeaky-squeezy or I'm just hungry.) There's something in there about crack and overclocking, but I'll leave it alone for now.

Big tits and sword combos make me nervous.

[brandishes sword]

>SLICE!<

>thump thump<

"Shit. I'm a double amazon now."

Lipsand Tarn is one of my favorite ruins: excellent view outside, plenty of vampires inside...in OOOOOOaaaaaaah it's one of the vampire biggie dungeons (although not as ridiculously dangerous as Nornalhorst), housing a nasty boss vampiress who has some interesting gear. Under MMMMMyeah and Frans (no titillation), it's just a zillion standard vampires (depending on level). No wonder some people dare the FCOM gauntlet.

Wait, wait...some your plugins are old. You need the latest: MMM_assload_of_rats.esp and All_NPCs_Are_Bosmer_Now_Ha_Ha _Ha.esp. I'd pass on the latest version of InstaCrash until they patch it, though...it's a little unstable.

So I was looking at the Deadly Shadows set...

"Damn you. Okay, fine. As long it's overcast. I have delicate skin."

I enlisted the help of Xin's sister, Xen. (How they both ended up as Xiangshi is beyond me...I'm afraid to ask.) Xen looks a little more...er...normal than Xin, and she's really popular with the vampire wannabes, for some reason.

To get that dreamy look, I turned on HDR...

"HDR sunlight?!? You BASTARD!"

Ouch. It took me a while to get the angle right, and...

"You son of a bitch! Look at me...I'm practically a Redguard!"

Heh. Whoops. A few days later, after the flash-tan had faded, I convinced her to meet me at the Merchant's Inn for a couple of screens. She reluctantly agreed...

"I'm still not speaking to you."

She was getting impatient, but I needed a shot of her back.

"I'm going to poke your damn eyes out. JUST TAKE THE SHOT!"

And I threw all the gold and sapphires and jade I had onto a table and ran like hell, shouting my eternal thanks over my shoulder as I ran.

The textures could probably stand a little more work, but they're okay for now.

Offline Silver Sorrow

• Forums Keeper
« Reply #26 on: January 30, 2009, 09:41:55 PM »
Allow me to update the above.

Different model...good ol' Xianxi. Xen tried to add me to her collection. She told me if I ran, I'd only die tired. I convinced her that if she succeeded, she'd never level up. She let me go, only wounding me slightly. So Xianxi...

...has an orange neck. She's tired of it. I'm tired of it. So we conferred...I ended up tweaking the Lattamer face/body/hands/ears/etc. a bit, and replacing the K1 textures with...

Pale, but not as deathly so (i.e., K4). A less HDR-y paperdoll shot:

I'll probably work on it some more in the future, but for now it's nice. She likes her goth look.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2009, 10:23:22 PM by Silver Sorrow »

Offline Silver Sorrow

• Forums Keeper
« Reply #27 on: February 01, 2009, 08:42:58 PM »
Abandoned the Lattamer texture tweak; never could get the skin tone right...depending on lighting conditions, she either looked pasty or dead.

So I found the updated 2048x2048 hi-res textures for Exnem's, particularly the "more hairy" one...

1) 2048x2048 is a perfectly acceptable texture resolution when you're running at 1280x1024. 4096x4096 is just asking for trouble.

2) "More hairy" translates to "not as bald as a 12 year-old," which seems to be all the rage today. Personally...never mind. Point is, she has *some* hair down there (hair down there, hair down there / send the word, send the word / hair down there...) and she doesn't care if she can't wear a thong.

...with five different nipple options (#5 is more Bai Ling-like, thus the obvious choice), three different "oiled" options (no oil, please...it stains the leather and makes it smell), and so on.

Together with the original K1 head texture, it looks okay. Adjusted the head tex's hue by *one little point* and it seems to match up now. :madatwall: So the K1 race is back to its regular self.

Which is why I decided to mess with it some more. I found the dragon tat and pasted it on the back of the new body texture: two hours' worth of adjusting and I'm still not happy with it. But that can wait. I liked the dark red lipstick of the more gothy textures I had going, so I adjusted the head tex again. Then I thought, hey, why not cover up all that beautiful skin with tribal tats? Found a resource, did that. Noticed that the face looked a little naked, too.

*sigh*

Most people watch the Superbowl. I fiddle with textures.

So, on a temporary basis (meaning, until I get tired of the look), I give you: Khovian woad. ::)

FACE.

BODY. (censored)

[EDIT: Moved pics here. Photobucket sucks for various reasons.]

And now? Taking screenshots that have nothing to do with my rocket sled into madness. Like this one:

I like that one.

Forum Restriction Notice

« Last Edit: February 02, 2009, 09:00:37 PM by Silver Sorrow »

Offline The Rogue Wolf

• Forums Keeper
« Reply #28 on: February 02, 2009, 05:11:00 PM »
...depending on lighting conditions, she either looked pasty or dead.
Yeah, I can sympathize. Man, when I take off my shirt, I have to turn the lights down.

...and now that I've given time for the horrible mental imagery to sink in, onward!

There's been a few things I've wished that Oblivion had come with- customizable body types/height, tattoos, clothing that doesn't look stupid, animations that didn't look more stupid than the clothing, dogs/wolves that hadn't dug a hole for their bone in the bottom of the Uncanny Valley. I'm glad to see that our own Silver Sorrow is tackling one of those things with an obsession that borders on the unhealthy. ;) Now I think it would be nice if we could see scale painting/marking or fur dyeing on the beast races (I know I have an obsession with the cats and lizards; playing a human in a fantasy game, to me, is like going to France to eat a croissant at McDonald's, except with slightly less stomach pains), and maybe tails that didn't look like they were attached to the spleen rather than the tailbone.

Also, fun fact about the Super Bowl: The comments on Fox's page about Pittsburgh's victory easily rival YouTube comments for sheer stupidity. Imagine 250 variants of "(my team)'S VICTORY VALIDATES MY UNSATISFYING AND ULTIMATELY MEANINGLESS EXISTENCE" and you've got about 60% of the content, while 35% consists of fans of the other team blaming the refs, "thug" players, the weather, the grass and the guy who painted the numbers and stripes on the field for their team's loss, and the other 5% is an actual attempt at rationality and "good game"ism that is quickly obliterated by the stupidity of the primary 95%.

I also heard that the commercials sucked this year. I wouldn't know. I haven't watched one second of television since August of '06. Aside from Conan O'Brien, I don't miss it in the least.

(I was going to mention that Xianxi has a "tramp stamp" but then I decided that I preferred my intestines to remain inside my abdomen.)
"Choice one: we flank them using what military men called tactics, and what religious men call divine inspiration. Or, we charge at them head on screaming various obscenities, in what military men call bravery and religious men also call divine inspiration."

Offline Silver Sorrow

• Forums Keeper
« Reply #29 on: February 04, 2009, 11:11:23 AM »
I solved this problem by never undressing. Ever. The human race owes me a huge debt of gratitude.

The worst thing about the beast races -- which were, of course, far cooler in MW -- is that they seem like an afterthought. Filler. Parenthetical asides. And so on. What they need to do is make a TES game that focuses on Black Marsh or Elsweyr, particularly the latter, as the Khajiit lore you stumble across paints a fascinating picture; it'd be interesting to see some of the race variations...but you know they'd have to fit the goddamn Altmer in there somewhere. But what are we getting?

Nords, apparently. The name "Skyrim" has been trademarked by Bethesda (The Future of TES Games). Now, I like a viking simulation as well as the next hornhead, but why, exactly, would a Bosmer (for example) be in Skyrim? Cyrodiil is one thing (and Vvardenfell was stretching it), but the ice-locked north? Ooh, wait...the return of the Falmer! *sigh*...keep dreaming, dude.

Yes...although Xianxi prefers the term "Khovian crack mack". ;D

My TV watching is limited to Big Bang Theory and Two and a Half Men. Oh, and CSI. And The Soup (however, I find their half-hour of poking fun at celebrities doesn't quite offset the 23-and-a-half hours of E!'s incessant celebrity ass-kissing...so Jude Law blows a goat and I'm supposed to care?). Gary, Unmarried is surprisingly good, and House is still okay. I stopped caring about most shows, however, when they'd get cancelled almost immediately no matter how good they are. Sports, meanwhile, I absolutely refuse to watch. It's one thing to play a game yourself, but to watch others doing it? No thanks. Everyone else can watch until their eyes fall out, but I just can't do it.

Part of it is the hypocrisy shown by my Fellow Americans: one visible nipple created outrage among people who didn't like it messing up their annual paean to homoerotic gladatorial display. Big sweaty guys wearing tight pants in close contact with each other? Good. Female nipple? Bad.

Okay, so the nipple thing was a cheap, cynical stunt by Ms. Jackson -- I'm nasty -- to sell records (which failed miserably). Still, I maintain that we're a bunch of retards when it comes to these things.

Anyway, I have a couple of screens. Hooray for me. Btw, the woad pics that Photobucket deleted...yeesh. I hate those people. I reuploaded them and they haven't been deleted again, but for sanity's sake I relocated them to The Vault.

I've been working on the Xi dagger a bit...

In NifSkope:

Good thing I left all that black space in there, huh?

As I was looking at all of the angles of the dagger, I looked down...and was *I* surprised...

After several weeks of agony, I finally found out how to move a mesh *up"...for example, a sword ported over from MW that was held too low in the player's hand? The answer was right in front of me, but I didn't realize it until yesterday.

So, the Red Dragon Nodachi, improved placement:

With this knowledge I was able to correct the placement of several other items imported from MW, such as the Daedric claymore. Darknut's textures make them Oblivion-worthy (although you have to make normal maps for them yourself), and I'm looking forward to getting the Daedric Dai-katana in-game. I'll have to add it to the world, as messing with leveled lists is a pain in the ass.

Anyway, I think I finally found the right combination of textures for the K1 race. I took the "tan" face texture from v2 of the Lattamer race (seen v3 on a normal head mesh? Scary.), gave it dark lipstick, dropped the brightness of the high-rez Exnem body texture by 15%, and...

She actually looks good in all manner of lighting now.

Btw, this is the only "blink" pic I've kept:

I'm accumulating enough changes, tweaks, and additions to warrant another Upgrade, aren't I?  :evil1:
« Last Edit: February 04, 2009, 11:23:01 AM by Silver Sorrow »