Author Topic: Oblivion Screenshot Thread  (Read 127229 times)

Offline OrlopRat

• Totally Awesome Member - Won A Cookie!
  • Hangar 16 Leftover
    • OrlopRat at Deviant Art
Re: Oblivion Screenshot Thread
« Reply #30 on: February 05, 2009, 11:23:41 AM »
  Sorry, I've been hibernating, but the word "upgrade" woke me up. Perhaps I should stay awake, at least for the time being.

That's a lot of information and stuff posted above, and I don't feel like typing too much right now, so just fill in some noises of agreement and approval.

Did I hear "upgrade"?

I'm hungry. I should go get something to eat. When you're hungry, the best thing to do is eat. I learned that early on in life. Served me well. But since this is the "Oblivion Screenshot Thread" I guess I'll post some screenshots to kind of keep in the spirit of things.

Here's Morgie in a cave:

"Hi. I'm in a cave."

And here she is in a red place:

"Do I look good in this light? Oh, of course I do. I'm freakin' hot. And I'll never go out with you."

I need food.

Edit: I ate.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2009, 05:48:14 PM by OrlopRat »
Tiens, voilà du boudin...

Offline Silver Sorrow

• Forums Keeper
« Reply #31 on: February 06, 2009, 11:43:57 PM »
This whole eating thing is tiresome. Wake up. Hungry. Eat. Drowsy from food. Sleep. Wake up. Hungry. Eat. Drowsy. Sleep. Repeat forever until sweet, sweet death.

And the peeing. Oh, the peeing. And the other things. Damn them.

Love it:

Yes, it has that annoying damned texture thing in the middle. How I hate that thing. I vaguely recall reading that someone corrected that ages ago, but it requires more effort than I care to expend to find.

I'm testing out a few of the other weapons I "found" in that weird "morro" folder.  ;D  The differences of the Daedric weapon stats between MW and OB has always been a bit odd, so I'm relying on guessing to come up with values for things like the Wakizashi. I'm also having to create my own normal maps to go with Darknut's textures (easy enough), as well as glowmaps (more work is involved, but it isn't impossible by any means) to make the glowy stuff look more OB-y than ridiculous.

And then I might have to make my on icons, too. Until then, I've been working on merging it all into my Dremora Facelift thing (an ongoing effort going back to the Dawn of TIME)...so far, the Dremora look like they enjoy it all:

McMuffin's Daedric Lord Armor (darkened slightly), plus the MW weapons...all I'm missing is a giant Daedric ruin with a name like Assuraduriapallicurrypallypal .

Something's intruding on my summoned Dremora, taking their gauntlets away. I hate that.

I'm not sure how my additions to the leveled lists and such will work with other mods that screw with them, but I'm sure I can count on Bash...to overlook it. Thing never picks up the stuff I WANT it to pick up...but it recognizes TNR just fine, thank you very much. ::)

A while back I was toying with an open Daedric helmet, deciding to add it as Bound armor as well. I never fixed it when I went back to a closed Daedric helmet. Here's how I found out:

Ordinarily I'd say it was a bad hair day, but...
« Last Edit: February 06, 2009, 11:50:48 PM by Silver Sorrow »
Fun Fact! The cheetah can run 75 miles per hour! Faster, if on fire!

Offline OrlopRat

• Hangar 16 Leftover
« Reply #32 on: February 08, 2009, 12:02:58 PM »
 I'm imagining the missing helmet parts as merging into the head, which would seem painful. Very disturbing. :lol:

I wish Beth had put Daedric shrines in Oblivion. Hell, I wish that they had put all kinds of MW stuff in OB. In fact, I wish it was Morrowind. Damn Bethsoft. The game should have been Morroblivion with the story picking right up where it left off. I don't give a rat's ass about the Septim family and their boring tribulations. I want to be the Nerevarette carving a bloody path through Cyrodiil. I want Great Houses and real Khajiit. They could have left out the Bosmer though. I wouldn't have minded that. They could have said an elf plague wiped them out or something. That would have been nice.

I've been trying out this reduce crash thing for Oblivion, which is promising. I was ctd-ing like crazy recently, but with this I've played many hours now with only one incident. Not bad. It's a work in progress, a new version seems to be up every few hours, so keep checking in folks.

And get this, I've been equipping and unequipping Growlf's wigs without crashing! Unheard of. So Morgie is looking good.

Which befits her new position as High Priestess in the Mythic Dawn. I'm having a good time with this mod. Fine evil fun.

"I has a posse."

Hey, remember this?

I kind of forgot it was there. Silly me. Morgie likes it, so who am I to deny her? I enjoy having my intestines inside my body, so it's best to keep the Morrigan happy. :o

Speaking of forgetting things, remember Duffy?

"I have a penis"

But he's not doing much at the moment, so we'll leave him be. He won't hurt me, I left him in a tavern so he's quite contented.

To digress, I thought this was only an urban legend, but I could be wrong...

Wait, another opinion...

"That's so untrue. I'm offended."

Correct as usual, Ms. Liu, CEO. Sorry, won't happen again.

Offline Silver Sorrow

• Forums Keeper
« Reply #33 on: February 15, 2009, 08:12:32 PM »
(Lots of pics in this post. You've been enticed.)

If Beth had ripped off Tolkien just a bit closer to the text, Bosmer would've been a hell of a lot more interesting. You'd WANT to see a Wood Elf (or, "Silvan Elves" as they would have been called), and a trip to Lothlorien would have been an utmost priority. But no. They made them whiny and short with really weird jawlines. I spit on their elves. Ptui. Ptui.

Btw, that's the Blo outfit for HGEC on Morgie, right? That's something my Khmer character will be wearing. Besides the blouse candy, that belt with the metal thingy for a one-handed blade is one of the best features.

Ah! Darker Blackwood armor...it looks better than I remember. My side projects will someday RULE THE WORLD!!

I wonder if the Tsaesci eke out their chicken with Khajiit?

Duffy! It'd be nice to have dual-wielding implemented, just to be able to parry with a dagger Duffy-style. I'd also have to fall down a lot, but it wouldn't be my fault.

We need a Ms. Liu, CEO scale...I often ask myself, "WWMLCEOD?"

And now...

'Pilates'? What are you saying??

Wait...you mean you people were just *kidding* when you told me it was a nudist shrine??

Huh. Glass beats Daedric. Who woulda thunk it? Gives me an idea for a game: Glass-Scroll-Daedric-Argonian-Ocato.

Scroll covers Glass, Glass pierces Daedric, Daedric cuts Scroll, Scroll gives Ocato paper cut, Ocato banishes Daedric, Daedric crushes Argonian, Argonian eats Scroll, Ocato is dazzled by Glass, Glass is hoarded by Argonian, and Argonian bites Ocato. I hope that covers it.

There's a song in here somewhere about blueberry hair, but I'm not going there.

I have a ton of screens depicting dead naked Dremora babes. This both pleases and bothers me, somehow.

A scene from a life...about to end:

...and now for that lonely High Rock ballad, "I Left My Love On The Rocks Of Atronachy."

If I had turned just a little more to the right, I wonder if her neck would have snapped?

So you can balance one of those things on its end...so what? Let's see you balance it on the tip of your dink, you amateur.

Contents of apparel may differ from description.
(Previous to the latest Unofficial Oblivion Patch)

I've been prettying up the Saints and Seducers...their ugliness bugged me, and I didn't think TNR was kind enough to them.

Say...now I'm glad I stepped through that portal!

Tell you what...I've rented a charming little cabana down in Mad God's Boot...

Remember Cutter? This is what happened to her in TNR:

...and I've restored her somewhat to her former psychotic self:

Not to say that TNR is bad...it's just that sometimes I disagree with it.  :lol:

Hey...you must be really busy with your guard job. I'd be happy to oil you up before your shift...

Y'know...me and the gate guard are taking a little holiday down in Mad God's Boot...why don't you tag along? I'll bring the oil and the whips, you just bring your fine self...

I hope I've captured Nelrene's disdain well enough...

#1: I never liked the black eyes of the Saints, Seducers, and Sheggy. As you can tell, I've changed them.
#2: Sheggy uses the Saint eyes by default -- so LAZY -- and I wanted something a bit more...him.

STELAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!

I'd ask, but that cabana's getting awfully crowded...

Corinne Bohrer, Golden Saint. Dead, but that's a better gig than Pier One and Campbell's Soup ("M'm M'm MSG!") commercials.

I think that's it for the moment...or simply way too much. Either way.

Forum Restriction Notice
Some of the content of this post is not visible for  Guests.
You must be logged in to view the full content.

« Last Edit: February 15, 2009, 08:19:11 PM by Silver Sorrow »

Offline OrlopRat

• Hangar 16 Leftover
« Reply #34 on: February 16, 2009, 11:04:29 AM »
 Mazken, Saints, McSheogorath...I do have to send one of my victims characters to the Isles again soon. It's been a while, I kind of forget what goes on there. I'm very fond of the Seducers, I can take or leave, mostly leave, the Golden Saints. They're dull and pompous, and I've never really forgiven their Vvardenfell relatives for being so annoying. I always side with Dementia, for many reasons, some of which have nothing to do with the game, but are valid nonetheless.

Figuring that only two simultaneous quests aren't enough to keep me occupied, I decided to do the MQ yet again, the real way, without the magic crystal ball. So I birthed Toshi.

"I'm cool 'cause I wear a headband."

Her face matches her body ingame, I don't know what the hell it is with screenshots. Perhaps my monitor deficiencies are working in my favor? I hope so, there's got to be some kind of upside to being cheap. :lol:

I really like that sword ring thing (ring thing!) too. My joy in having visible sheathed blades in OB was quickly tempered by the fact that with most light armor they float detached like they're held up by some magnetic force. Then again, if they were closer to the body they'd be clipping with bulky armor. But the ring thing is a nice solution.

"Hmm...this could be serious. Maybe I should see a doctor or something..."

Things do get a bit ridiculous with MMM installed. I mean, is this Kvatch, or Antietam?

The horror...

(Play sad Ken Burns Civil War music here.)

So I arrive at Weynon Priory for the millionth time in my OB career. And at this point in my life it is indeed a career.

Behind you? Right behind you? No shit, Sherlock...

And on to Cloud Ruler Temple. Martin really needs to get laid, you know?

"Look all you want, but touch 'em and you die."

I think I need to go back to Morgie and the Mythic Dawn quest. The Dragon War has just begun, and she's got some strongholds to defend. Fun, fun, fun. I can't stand it.

« Last Edit: February 16, 2009, 12:32:23 PM by OrlopRat »

Offline The Rogue Wolf

• Forums Keeper
« Reply #35 on: February 16, 2009, 05:06:14 PM »
So I managed to bork something a while back and now I can't take screenshots inside Oblivion. I have to use FRAPS. That's fine with me, it's not like FRAPS takes up a lot of memory or anything, but I keep forgetting to actually run the friggin' program before I start up the game. And Oblivion reacts about as well to alt+tab as Rosie O'Donnell reacts to Republican fundraiser invitations.

Ghariyt's on vacation in her new undersea home. She's not fond of water, but she figures that if there's a leak, she's likely to be crushed by the water pressure before she has enough time to worry about it. Besides, she doesn't have to worry so much about intruders when all her windows are forty feet underwater. So Hears-The-Runes has stepped up again, and now she's looking for Aesgaard.

"Of course, human. Make the lizard stand in the snow while you 'grab a screenshot'. Forget that she has no less than five Destruction spells hotkeyed."

I really need to find some of these outfits. Then again, I really need to wipe and reinstall the game because I'm getting a lot of slowdown with HTR that Ghariyt wasn't seeing.

Mazken, Saints, McSheogorath...
McSheogorath? Of the Clan McSheogorath?

:biglaugh:

EDIT: Did I forget to mention how beautiful this game can be when tweaked and Modded correctly?

Fifty bonus points to whoever knows where I'm standing. (Hint: What's that tower?)
« Last Edit: February 16, 2009, 11:56:37 PM by The Rogue Wolf »
"Choice one: we flank them using what military men called tactics, and what religious men call divine inspiration. Or, we charge at them head on screaming various obscenities, in what military men call bravery and religious men also call divine inspiration."

Offline Silver Sorrow

• Forums Keeper
« Reply #36 on: February 17, 2009, 08:43:39 PM »
The Khyber Pass? No...I guess not. I'm *really* bad at guessing games. But I had no idea that "Due to the high demand for white sex workers, in recent times it has had a thriving red light district. Girls have been smuggled into Pakistan from areas as far as Portland, OR and Helena, MT. Pakistani muslim men have for thousands of years been longing for western women ever since they saw Helen of Troy."

Huh. Interesting. Well, we can relate, as American men have for tens of years been longing for eastern women since they saw The World Of Suzie Wong.

Btw, the screenshot thing...maybe I can create a new game out of this. I'd call it Antialiasing-HDR-Bloom. (I'll think of a far more clever name in a few hours. ::)) Lessee... HDR kills AA, AA kills screenshots, Bloom kills...uh...to hell with it. Anyway, if you're running AA, OB won't take screenshots (incompetent knobs!), so it was either get Fraps or live in the nuke-blast-bright Vaseline-glow of HDR. So I got Fraps.

Fraps is...well, it could be better. There's a bug in it somewhere that won't let me just leave it on, that is, letting it start when Windows starts. I have to close it, then reopen it before it will actually work; so I have the same problem: remembering to start it up before OB. I don't understand how the Fraps people can expect me to buy the full version if they can't iron out issues with the *free* version.

I guess I'll post some screens now.

A little history: way back in MW, I had a Dark Elf assassin named Jehennem...an alteration of the name "Jehannum" from a not-so-nice character in Stephen Donaldson's first two Thomas Covenant trilogies. I don't have screens of her, so sorry. I really didn't have anything for her to do until created the Khmer race (because I hate the default voices of the female elves), and then I finally got her into the game:

A little later, I added her to the savegames:

But I just couldn't leave well enough alone and:

...and I tinkered some more...

...which brings us up to her most recent look:

All this after wrecking the Khmer body/face textures four or five times in the last couple of days. I got the skin tones ironed out okay (although the face is a little more blue than the body), and so on and so on and so on. Turns out, I think she may be a little *too* intense.

*sigh*

Although she looks a *lot* like the MW face I was using (which I wasn't attempting; it just came out that way), she still makes me think of a pissed-off Liv Tyler...as a Dark Elf. I may just go back to the original face and just give her a better nose. ::)

Other stuff:

I was experimenting with black eyes for the Saints & Seducers:

Not to mention ol' Sheggy Greene himself:

And while it looks interesting, it's just a bit too alien for my tastes.

A messenger:

Udico:

Issmi:

My favorite person in the whole wide...uh...Isles, Staada:

*cough*...how many times have I heard THIS from a woman??:

I'm awfully non-observant/-witty today, so I'll leave it at that.

EDIT: This is a definite improvement. I don't feel like I have to find her a bottle of aspirin now:

« Last Edit: February 17, 2009, 09:11:19 PM by Silver Sorrow »

Offline OrlopRat

• Hangar 16 Leftover
« Reply #37 on: February 19, 2009, 11:14:18 AM »
 Good lord that Khmer is beautiful...Grania, Morgie and Toshi hate her, and Duffy wants her phone number. I think I talked him out of it though. The bock is ready to be tapped, after all.

Good to see Hears-The-Runes again, even if she is freezing her, um, err, whatever it is she has off. I feel her pain, I really do.

Aye, Clan  McSheogorath indeed.

His brogue, though, is kind of an American doing an Irish-Scots-unregioned mess. But it works in the game. Bethesda did the character thing much better in SI than in OB, Sheggy and Haskill being prime examples.

Aye

I enjoy it when NPC's discuss cheese. And rats. :lol:

I've been tweaking Toshi ( mmm...tweaking Toshi...that sounds quite rude and enjoyable. I'd better rephrase that, or she might cut my hands off, and I'd deserve it).

I've been altering Toshi's appearance somewhat, and I'm slightly pleased.

Paperdoll shot:

In game:

I like where the mouth is now.

Between the nose and chin, of course, which is much better than where it was before.

Good thing I fixed that. ;D

She was on the Main Quest, but all this Shivering Isles talk made me want to go there again, so, leaving Jauffre in the lurch at Cloud Ruler and Baurus rotting away in Luther Broad's, off she went to the Isles.

"Sometimes I'm green here, but that's OK, I'm still a babe."

I've been doing some work on Duffy too, after yet another re-reading of "The Drawing Of The Dark", but I'll discuss that later.

While we wait, here's a horse taking a crap.

Offline OrlopRat

• Hangar 16 Leftover
« Reply #38 on: February 20, 2009, 10:06:50 AM »
 Duffy...

"He was reeling just a little because of the quantities of valpolicella he'd consumed that evening,
and a sleepy footpad huddled under the bridge roused when he heard the Irishman's uneven tread. The
thief eyed the approaching figure critically, noting the long, worn cloak, evidence of frequent outdoor
sleeping; the knee-high boots, down at the heels, and twenty years out of fashion; and the rapier and
dagger which looked to be the man's only valuable possessions. Edging silently back into the shadows,
he let Duffy go by unaccosted."

So says Tim Powers.

(They're not in the picture, but pale_rider's boots from the pirate outfit work nicely.

The lack of a real dual wield system in OB does hurt Duffy's style, he can't await the attack crouched with his rapier and dagger crossed the way he's used to doing. But such are the drawbacks of visiting Tamriel.

But thanks to throttlekitty it can be simulated, in an amusing but ultimately unsatisfying way.

But he's still not really doing anything much at the moment. The ladies are all very busy with all their quests, which is distracting. Maybe I'll send him off to Braveel...yeah, that might work. Blood and Mud. I still haven't gotten all the way through that one yet. On my second attempt I let curiosity get the better of me, cheated into a room that I thought was an easter egg, and killed the quest. And no save at the right moment. Ryan made it very clear in the readme, DON"T CHEAT!!! I'm an idiot sometimes... ::)

« Last Edit: February 21, 2009, 09:33:41 AM by OrlopRat »

Offline Silver Sorrow

• Forums Keeper
« Reply #39 on: February 22, 2009, 01:40:06 AM »
I'll be back later with actual commentary and screens, etc., but I just had to post this before I forgot it:

The Place: The second level of the Ayleid ruin of Mackamentain, a necromancer's lair.
Mods Used: Way too many to list at the moment, but the primaries in this bit are MMM 3.71 and Fran's.

Okay. Two undead Elven warriors are milling around by the Necro boss. One of the zombies doesn't have a head. So I snipe the one with a head, killing him (again). The headless wonder, which I find out later is, quote, an "Undead Elven Spellsword," casts a bound helmet spell on himself.

I found this very strange, for some reason.

Offline Silver Sorrow

• Forums Keeper
« Reply #40 on: February 23, 2009, 11:03:32 PM »
...and I'm back. Yippee.

I'd hate to see Duffy fall prey to the AlienSlof Armor Syndrome (ASAS). I don't want to think about it. :'(

I've been messing around with The Mod, adding a couple of new races...Par Ven Au (Nords 'n' Khovians hooking up), for example (taller than Altmer, far less annoying), and...the Khmer 2 race. Born of a union 'twixt a drunk Khovian and a Bosmer, these little darlings are fine marksmen (and markswomen) and are quite at home in the forested western side of Kho.

Why did I do this?? WHY?!?!

Well, it was this sweet little face that got me thinking:

I wondered if I could duplicate the Khmer race with a more human skin tone. I used the Khmer facial structure because I don't like the weird Bosmer head shape, plus this would make it easier to port any Khmer faces over to the Khmer2, and vice-versa. It's probably be easier just to normalize each race so that I could swap faces with all of them, regardless of race, but that'd mean I'd have to redo my new favorite Khmer face from scratch, and I'll save that for another day when I'm really bored and too happy with my abilities.

Anyway, it ported nicely to the new race:

Tweaked for those Fine Gentlemen Who Prefer Blondes:

Either one works. I'm still not 100% settled on the face and body textures (this would be SO much easier if everyone used the Exnem/HGEC mods, wouldn't it?), and I'm ambivalent on the body height/weight so far, but it's acceptable. Let's just say that the males won't be fireplugs. Tall as a Dunmer (1.000) but a bit thinner. Also, I added the Bosmer racial bonuses -- Beast Tongue and disease resistance -- in addition to all the other things that make up a pseudo-Asian character. I had to tweak the K-resilience ability, however: the Bosmer disease resist bonus is 75%, and that plus the normal K-res (25%) means that becoming a vampire would be extremely tough if left to one's own devices. I lowered resistances to magic, shock, and frost (10% each, down from 25%), as well as fire (75% now, instead of 100%); the 75% resistance to disease should even that out, somewhat...don't ask me how...but with the swift health regen of their K ancestry, getting hit with a frozen snotball is not too much more of a problem for them. Fire will hurt a little more, though... :P

I've also been toying with the idea of sprucing up Su-van's looks a bit. I've never liked the textures I gave the K2 race, so I'll be improving them. Hopefully.

Egh...I sort of dread the idea of organizing all of this, because I have a zillion things I've added to the plugin since release...ah! Tes4Gecko has a compare plugins feature...almost forgot about that. Back to the grindstone.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2009, 11:11:45 PM by Silver Sorrow »

Offline Silver Sorrow

• Forums Keeper
« Reply #41 on: February 24, 2009, 08:41:43 AM »
So I had nothing to do at 6am -- who needs sleep, anyway? -- and I decided to attempt to "normalize" the Khmer races. Well..."standardize" may be more accurate. (Explanation: applying the same generic face shape to all of my races -- except for the Northeasterners, who use the Corean head mesh -- so that porting faces across them is possible with only minor tone tweaks; for example, porting a K1 face to a Khmer2 character won't wreck the desired shape.)

Oddly, it only took me a few minutes of work to get the general shape and only an hour of obsessive-level tweaking (load, tweak, save, load, tweak, save, ad nauseum) to get the faces right. More or less. My results:

Converted

["Before" is "before I standardized the races". "After"...is self-explanatory.]

BEFORE & AFTER

(Minor differences in eye size and face roundness; I changed the nose slightly on purpose...not quite so big in profile; needs to be compressed slightly, as the After is a little more elongated)

BEFORE & AFTER

(Same thing as above; I may need to widen the jaw a bit; slight adjustment to the face ratios; minor skin tone differences)

Or! I could just call it perfect and be done with it. ::)

Huh. So this is Hell.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2009, 08:49:04 AM by Silver Sorrow »

Offline OrlopRat

• Hangar 16 Leftover
« Reply #42 on: February 24, 2009, 10:28:08 AM »
 This could mean that I can finally play a pointy-eared race and not feel guilty about it. :lol:

And if I get this in my OB folder I will be playing a pointy-eared race, have no doubts. To show I'm serious, here's a penguin:

I have a whole bunch of stuff to ramble on about but I need to go over and play OB now, for personal reasons that I don't feel I can share. Well, I could share, but that would be painful.

Alright, I'm lying. There are no personal reasons. I'm just tired, and I'm starting to experience peripheral flickering in my eyes. I also have a feeling that I'm turning into a cabbage. Or a toad. Something like that.

And indeed, no Slof for Duffy. He has very sensitive nipples.

Oh no...if I'm counting correctly, this is post number 599. Crap. I have work to do. But not now.

Offline Silver Sorrow

• Forums Keeper
« Reply #43 on: February 28, 2009, 11:33:39 PM »
Between the low-grade cruds (weather-related: "Welcome to Oklahoma! Today will be 41°, tomorrow will be 78°, and the next day...well, it won't really matter when the tornados descend from the sky and kill everyone and everything within a hundred miles! Enjoy your stay!") and some semi-serious system problems (I think my RAM needs replacing...maybe that'll stop the BSODs, perhaps...and while I'm dreaming, I'd like to lap rum out of Suzy Nakamura's navel. ::)), it's been a hell of a couple of weeks. But! I've been keeping myself busy with an endless stream of nothing-matters-anymore projects that are, you will agree, not very interesting.

Okay, first of all I think I'm done with the Khmer2 thing. Unless I go off my nut and add more hybrids (Khedgaurds? Khargonians? Khretons?), I think that's it for the moment. (I have no plans for a Khaltmer race; High Elves aren't well-favored in the court of the Jade Magnificence at the moment.) (I gotta remember that one.) I should probably box up the stuff I have and make another minor upgrade (two new races, a couple new swords, some new clothing, a zillion new hairstyles) soon.

Second...I turned my attention to the Orcs. A few have before me, but...enh. I was feeling crappy, I had no desire to communicate with ANYONE, so why not do one myself? It seems I'm turning my personal version of TNR into a gigantic NPC overhaul of sorts...anyway, the Orcs are now sort of normal...not repulsive in a general sense, and the women are a lot prettier than before (it made me physically ill to hear Lynda Carter's voice coming out of a monstrosity's mouth). One drawback is that a couple of Veritas' truly stellar revamps were Orcs, such as Shum gro-Yarug. Maybe I can emulate that...and since I've switched head textures on them, they need even more work...anyway, a couple of examples:

I'm still working on a couple of them I wanted to be real beauties: Borba and Lady Rogbut. More on them another day. One of the dudes:

While I was screwing around with that, I decided to do something about the horrible way the Dark Elves look. After a bit of twiddling I decided to leave the males alone (most of them, anyway), as Veritas made many of them truly unique. OTOH the ladies, I decided, needed a little beautification. For example, Dovesi Dran, who will only end up as one of my victims:

Not too fantastic, but I am hoping she'll look better in-game. I'm also going through the game and modifying NPCs if I feel they need the attention. Casta Scribbonia, for example:

...is supposed to be quite attractive (at least in her own mind), but for some reason she always had a bright red buzz cut. I gave her fringes and toned down the red...now I need to fix her face to where it's pretty as her hair.  :lol:

Besides all this, I upgraded MMM to 3.71, which includes lesser and greater Balrogs, which are a real eye-opener (to put it mildly) when you run into them...

...note the location of the arrows. Despite the Imperial archer making this guy a pincushion, he killed all three of my Imperial guardsmen and Berich Inian (who dies easily anyway, so it isn't even worth mentioning). I, meanwhile, whaled on this bastard for good long time -- I had a relatively good sword (not one of my overpowered darlings) -- and i felt like I was playing with the skill slider all the way to the right, but without all the instantaneous death on my part. He did manage to break my armor, though...it's times like these I miss how MW dealt with broken armor. Red-faced and covering her naughty bits, Xian ducks behind a pile of rubble to repair her armor...

But I don't have a screenshot of that. Sorry.  ;D

BTW, yes...I got through the Kvatch gate just fine with the latest version of MMM. It did CTD a few times while in Oblivion (a problem with the worldspace?), but no hard locks. Hooray.

So then, in my ongoing effort to push my ailing RAM over the edge, I installed the latest version of Open Cities (including Leyawiin Reborn which is a must-have...fantastic work), and it runs surprisingly well compared to the last time I tried it. Then again, I'm not running OOO this time, which is really stutter-intensive around the *closed* cities. ::) 

By the way in an irrelevant manner, no comment:

And then I tweaked Xian. Again. Hey, I just want her to look her best and this is the look I get:

Excuse me if I make you attractive. ::)  Maybe it's the armor.

Better, but still not to her liking. Well, she joined the Thieves Guild (her path isn't going to be a heroic one), and I got to thinking: the dark clothes that are given to thieves and stuff aren't really...well...dark enough. So I made them darker. Of course I made them darker. ::)

On a completely unrelated conversational note, I haven't tried out Growlf's female version (read the comments...hilarious stuff ::)) of the Lich King's Armor yet, but I wonder if it'd be too blatant. There's usually some question of whether I'm evil, but I think this tips my hand. :lol:  But when I do try it out, I'll have a screen or two.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2009, 11:43:51 PM by Silver Sorrow »

Offline The Rogue Wolf

• Forums Keeper
« Reply #44 on: March 01, 2009, 09:27:41 AM »
Unless I go off my nut and add more hybrids (Khedgaurds? Khargonians? Khretons?), I think that's it for the moment.
Am I the only one who pronounced "Khretons" as "cretons"? I think it'd sorta fit. :biglaugh:

Hears-The-Runes has got some new duds.

Daggers thoughtfully provided by Jannix Quinn's Return of Dagoth Ur Mod, which is a pretty nice experience for folks who like close-quarters combat and button-hunting.

Good work on those Orcs so far, SS. They almost look like people now! ;) And as for the comments on the female version of the Lich King armor- well, having played WoW for quite some time, I can tell you that this interpretation is practically Puritan in comparison to some of the platemail bikinis you see in WoW. (Seriously. Male model: Full set of platemail covering everything. Female model: Two tea saucers and a set of steel panties. It's like that with almost every set of armor, no matter what type.) People will complain about anything!

Speaking of complaining, you know what I'd like to see in the game? Zombies of the other races. C'mon, you can't tell me that nobody ever tried to raise up undead Khajiit, Argonians, Orcs or Elves. Yet all we get are the stock rotting male Human variety.

It's just one of those "immersion" things I'm always prattling on about. :soapbox:
"Choice one: we flank them using what military men called tactics, and what religious men call divine inspiration. Or, we charge at them head on screaming various obscenities, in what military men call bravery and religious men also call divine inspiration."

everything