Author Topic: Left 4 Dead  (Read 12625 times)

Offline bobdog

• Totally Awesome Member - Won A Cookie!
Re: Left 4 Dead
« Reply #30 on: January 20, 2009, 06:47:44 AM »
YEAH, YEAH!! mmmmmm YEAH!

Luv the Macho Man...  :onethumb:

Offline Fanghawk

• Marshall's Machinima
« Reply #31 on: February 06, 2009, 08:07:50 AM »
Official new content announcement!

Quote from: Steam News
February 5, 2008 — Valve, creators of best-selling game franchises (such as Half-Life, Portal, Team Fortress, and Counter-Strike) and leading technologies (such as Steam and Source), today announced a series of content and development releases for its latest title, 2008's best-selling new game property for the PC and Xbox 360, Left 4 Dead (L4D).

The first L4D DLC — dubbed the L4D Survival Pack -- is due for release this spring and introduces a new multiplayer game mode entitled, Survival, plus two complete campaigns for Versus Mode . A Critic's Choice Edition of the game will be heading to retail stores this spring, and will include access to all the content introduced in the L4D: Survival Pack.

In addition, for PC gamers and aspiring developers, the first Left 4 Dead release for the Source Software Development Kit (Source SDK) will allow the creation of custom Left 4 Dead campaigns that will be discoverable via L4D's matchmaking system. The SDK update is also due for release this spring, and is free of charge to all owners of L4D on the PC.

Now perhaps this is slightly pessimistic, but it doesn't seem to say whether the Survival pack will be free for those who already own L4D as well. I would ASSUME that it is, but you know what they say about assuming.....

Offline Joshua-kun

« Reply #32 on: February 06, 2009, 09:21:44 AM »
Considering how Valve tends to release their content for free to PC Users (ie. Team Fortress 2), I think it's a safe bet.

XBOX users, however, are in the steel grip of teh evil Micro$oft!!!11   :lol:

So they likely will have to pay something.
Jya-shu-a-kuun

Offline Fanghawk

• Marshall's Machinima
« Reply #33 on: February 11, 2009, 04:57:22 PM »
Breaking news: We're BOTH wrong.

Quote from: Steam News
February 11, 2009 — The recently announced Left 4 Dead Downloadable Content (L4D DLC) will be delivered to Xbox 360 and PC gamers free of charge.

Due for release this spring, the DLC for 2008's best-selling new game property on the PC and Xbox 360, is dubbed the L4D Survival Pack and introduces a new multiplayer game mode entitled, Survival, plus two complete campaigns for Versus Mode (Death Toll, Dead Air). A Critic's Choice Edition of the game will be heading to retail stores this spring, and will include access to all the content introduced in the L4D: Survival Pack.

Offline bobdog

« Reply #34 on: March 30, 2009, 11:10:42 PM »
Is anyone still playing this from ye olde Foxhole? After now going through the single player version, I'd be interested in joining a common team, but someone will have to tell me how to do it through Steam. I've also got a headset that I use for Skype -- I assume that would work for this as well? Best time for me would be nights 9:30p-11:30p ET. Give me a PM, and let's see if we can get this going!!  :hammerhead:

Offline Doc_Brown

• Forums Keeper
  • Weaver of Tales
« Reply #35 on: April 12, 2009, 10:07:50 PM »
I'd still like to play with you guys some day, but until I can sort out my technical problems I don't think it's a good idea.  Not unless you want me freezing up for five to ten seconds an average of once a minute.
Roads?  Where we're going we don't need roads.

Offline bobdog

« Reply #36 on: April 13, 2009, 09:42:37 AM »
That's okay -- until I get my new rig up and running proper, I'm AWOL too!  :-[

Offline Fanghawk

• Marshall's Machinima
« Reply #37 on: April 18, 2009, 10:11:29 PM »

Offline bobdog

« Reply #38 on: May 01, 2009, 10:48:11 AM »
Thanks Josh for leaving me with a bunch of folks who rushed off and left me to the mercy of the zombie hordes!! I became the incap and death leader for the campaign!!  :redhot:  Well, if we can get Bugger online as well, we'll be unstoppable!  :ok:

Anyone else from here want to join us -- CorB (I added you as a Steam friend from my alterego  ), VNitro, Dough?? (Doc, when you can get your computer sorted, it will be whack!)

Also, some new campaign releases from the masses at www.fpsbanana.com/maps/games/222 that look pretty good. I'd like to give them a shot, but how to play with a team online?

Forum Restriction Notice
Some of the content of this post is not visible for  Guests.
You must be logged in to view the full content.

« Last Edit: May 02, 2009, 12:39:46 PM by bobdog »

Offline Fanghawk

• Marshall's Machinima
« Reply #39 on: May 01, 2009, 04:47:52 PM »
Get everybody on your Steam Friends List and then set up a Friends-Only game.

The only question is when. ;D

Offline bobdog

« Reply #40 on: May 01, 2009, 07:54:25 PM »
I suppose what I meant was, does everyone on the team have to DL the map(s), and if so, where to place them in the Directory, and how to open them in L4D.

Offline Joshua-kun

« Reply #41 on: May 01, 2009, 07:57:32 PM »
Thanks Josh for leaving me with a bunch of folks who rushed off and left me to the mercy of the zombie hordes!! I became the incap and death leader for the campaign!!  :redhot:  Well, if we can get Bugger online as well, we'll be unstoppable!  :ok:

Mwahahahaha!  :biglaugh:

*ahem* I mean, sorry.

:evil1:
Jya-shu-a-kuun

Offline Fanghawk

• Marshall's Machinima
« Reply #42 on: May 01, 2009, 09:35:58 PM »
New maps should download automatically from the host/server, although I haven't actually tried any of the custom campaigns to find out how that works. I was going to wait a while to see what kind of maps are released using the SDK, but if someone had a recommendation I'd be happy to try it out!

Offline bobdog

« Reply #43 on: May 01, 2009, 09:48:20 PM »
Check among the FPS Banana maps above -- there's one full campaign and 3-4 other partial campaigns loaded. Some look pretty good! (But haven't played them yet.)

Offline bobdog

« Reply #44 on: May 04, 2009, 07:24:23 AM »
Riddle me this ... 2 weeks ago, I was able to complete whole campaigns of 5 maps without fail, while over this weekend I kept getting disconnected from maps and was lucky if I could get all the way through one. Why would my computer be disconnecting me now? I also got a ton of "loading" lockups and had to actually reboot my computer to restart. Doc, have you been sending me your technical problems??  :smoking:

Other than that, I have to state emphatically that I hate those idiots who start PKing in this game.   :redhot:

everything