Author Topic: Prince of Persia SoT- PC Vs Console  (Read 2609 times)

Offline Fanghawk

• Marshall's Machinima
Prince of Persia SoT- PC Vs Console
« on: November 22, 2008, 10:16:23 AM »
When Prince of Persia: Sands of Time was released, I had a computer that fell below the minimum requirements and didn't have a console to run it. I bought my Gamecube shortly after, but I still held off from getting the game, since there were others I was interested in and I was feeling slightly uncertain about it. Over the past few months, I've been hearing more then a few good things about the series (the first one in particular) but there's a new problem: finding in-store copies is more difficult then it would have been last year.

Which brings me to my question: when tracking down the games, should I go for the PC or console versions? Steam has released $10 versions of each game in the SoT trilogy, which makes the search easier for PC unless the series hates Vista (the OS requirements for SoT state XP only). Despite this, the games have been recognized as a console success, which means it might be more worthwhile to go hunting through discount bins to find cheap copies. Any feedback on whether the gameplay experience will greatly differ between the two, will largely be the same?

Offline bobdog

• Totally Awesome Member - Won A Cookie!
Re: Prince of Persia SoT- PC Vs Console
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2008, 12:30:55 PM »
Better yet, why don't you try the full PC game for free? Here's the DL: www.gamershell.com/download_20868.shtml. It is ad-sponsored, but ads are unobtrusive and occur the same time the game is loading a new level and has an automatic break. I liked it, but it got a bit too much for me in the aggravation department.

Offline Fanghawk

• Marshall's Machinima
Re: Prince of Persia SoT- PC Vs Console
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2008, 10:49:53 PM »
Oooh! An alternative! Thanks for the link!

everything