Author Topic: LOLSource  (Read 3686 times)

Offline Fanghawk

• Marshall's Machinima
LOLSource
« on: December 03, 2008, 03:06:21 AM »
A couple of weeks ago, in response to mindless picture postings celebrating a certain someone's 600th post, I decided to respond not using Google Image Search, but by creating some mindless machinima images of my own. The results started off as mildly amusing, yet on some creative level made me feel a little.... off. And then I couldn't stop making them and then it just got SCARY. So I did what any normal person would do: reposted them on my main page, subjecting an unsuspecting viewership to their terror.

And two new ones that I didn't post in the previous forum thread:

Learn from my example friends. Save yourselves while you still have a chance!

Offline OrlopRat

• Totally Awesome Member - Won A Cookie!
  • Hangar 16 Leftover
    • OrlopRat at Deviant Art
Re: LOLSource
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2008, 11:24:49 AM »
 That is indeed very good stuff, and made me chuckle over my morning beverage, and i do appreciate the worlk you put in there. :ok:

And indeed, my image postings are a bit mindless, and push the boundaries of taste, but I must say this: I put a good deal of thought into my posts (well, some of them anyway ;D), and aye, I use Google, but no image I ever posted here has gone unworked, at the least its been cropped, resized, elements eliminated or added. All are photoshopped in some manner.

It didn't come this way off of GIS

Nor did this

I think that was a Obama or McCain sign at one point... :lol:

And then there's my screenshots, well, that's off topic, but those are all well worked over and composed little examples of my "art", as it is.
  I've been involved in the visual arts fo well over 30 years, I consider posting here an artform in itself, and much time is spent (wasted?) in composing what I expose you poor people to. It's fun, and it's my little way of showing how much I love and enjoy my home here at the Foxhole. (I know, Starfox, a check might be better, but well, you know... ;D )

If nothing else, this is one more post towards my 500th. Which, by the way, I'm already working on.

Oh god, I need a life, I really do......ot maybe not. Been there, done that :turnhappy:
Tiens, voilà du boudin...

Offline Starfox

• Master Keeper
  • Did anybody see my lenses?
    • The Foxhole
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2008, 04:50:33 PM »
Very good stuff there LB. I particularly like the two last ones... Of course the last one can only reveal its full essence for those who played Portal but  :onethumb:

I know, Starfox, a check might be better, but well, you know...  ;D

Anyway I don't take anything less than 6 figures checks    :biglaugh:

I'm *that* greedy...

Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination encircles the world. -- A. Einstein

Offline OrlopRat

• Hangar 16 Leftover
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2008, 07:44:45 PM »
  Six figures, aye....I accept pocket lint for services rendered. Or that stuff under my refridgerator that I still can't identify. I think it's sentient. And it hates me.

In all my above rantings I forgot to express my appreciation of that last image. Perhaps I blocked it out, the pain of Portal being still to great for me to handle, and the cake, though nice, made up for nothing.

But I still love the Cube. The Cube is my friend. Bless the Cube. :love:

:hammerhead:

Offline Fanghawk

• Marshall's Machinima
« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2008, 02:41:54 AM »
You know, the Portal one was the only one that I felt really uncertain about from the get go. I liked the idea, but just had no idea whether it actually would make sense to people other then me. It made me think of Zero Punctuation's point that if you can't come up with gaming humor in webcomics, "just go on about the cake being a lie."

That said, if popular films will encourage people to have sex with pies, I see no reason why online images shouldn't explore a break-up with a cake..... or pillow talk with a cube. :lol:

Thanks for the feedback and encouragement!

Offline Fanghawk

• Marshall's Machinima
« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2008, 08:46:25 PM »
Already put this one in Orlo's 500th post thread, but here it is again for consistency:

Offline OrlopRat

• Hangar 16 Leftover
« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2008, 10:26:57 AM »
 :biglaugh:

Brilliant!

I think I now have inspiration for my next Fallout 3 character, as soon as they release the editor and I can get a good sword up and running. I want to see Izzy in the wastelands. I'll just have to change the "Enclave" to the "Combine" and I'll be all set to go :lol:

And Barney. I'll need him too.

everything