Author Topic: Fallout 3 Screenshot Thread  (Read 38182 times)

Offline Silver Sorrow

• Forums Keeper
  • Totally Awesome Member - Won A Cookie!
Re: Fallout 3 Screenshot Thread
« Reply #15 on: April 20, 2009, 02:54:33 AM »
The elements are in place.

Now I just need to...modify...them. :evil1:
An interview with Kim Kardashian? Who wants to see that? I'd rather see an interview with the mortician's assistant who had to piece her head back together so they could have an open-casket funeral.

Offline OrlopRat

• Hangar 16 Leftover
    • OrlopRat at Deviant Art
« Reply #16 on: April 20, 2009, 01:49:42 PM »
  i liek thet. can u make thet 4 oblivon plz ? thanx
Tiens, voilà du boudin...

Offline Silver Sorrow

• Forums Keeper
« Reply #17 on: April 20, 2009, 11:27:25 PM »
Ha ha ha...

...no.

:evil1:

Getting better...in her wardrobe...stepping one beyond her show...

The outfit's textures are some talented person's high-res textures (4096x4096 ?!?), which I've scaled down to about half. It still looks good, and it's easier to deal with in PSP 5 (I should really look into a newer version...or GIMP); I hope the guy allows me to use his textures...

I gotta work on this:

Cool effect, but they're not night vision glasses. I can make them into NV glasses...yeah, I'll do that. But for the regular version I'll need to mess with a few things. For the record:

Fallout 3 Saram Hair (Currently being included in a desperately-needed upgrade to that mod thing I did.)

HiRes Chinese Stealth Armor (Does not include the meshes, so don't bother downloading it unless you have the meshes already!  :P)

Sunglasses Collection (Some really nice shades, a couple of which I'm attempting to put in the upgrade. Problem is, not all the textures needed seem to be present so I'm having to MacGyver my way through it. No one seems to have mentioned that in the comments, so I'm thinking these clowns are just rating based on the screenshots.  :madatwall:)

On a somewhat related side note, I admire the chiseled noses of the F3 (human) NPCs. Nothing like the rounded features of Oblivion's (human) NPCs, no! Sharply defined, like...like there's a plastic surgeon nearby...
An interview with Kim Kardashian? Who wants to see that? I'd rather see an interview with the mortician's assistant who had to piece her head back together so they could have an open-casket funeral.

Offline Silver Sorrow

• Forums Keeper
« Reply #18 on: April 22, 2009, 03:13:16 AM »
Even closer to perfect...which is relative, as perfect is unattainable. Still, better than yesterday.

Took me a couple of hours to figure out what, exactly, was causing the sunglasses to glow in the dark, etc. Traced it to the makeshift "sunglasses4_m.dds", which I made myself (:hammerhead:), and judging by the "_m" has something to do with emissives.

This technical stuff drives me up the wall.

So filling the texture with black changed the silvery-shiny look to a no-nonsense black-framed look, which is exactly what I wanted.

Granted, I know a bit more now than back in the day when I recolored Doom 2's SS trooper outfit to pink and gave them chipmunk voices, but I'm still working in the dark here. :P

The next thing on my list of things to agonize over is finding out why the hell her hair is clipping through her cheek even with an .egm present. My guess is that whoever ported idkrrr's hair into F3 didn't conformulate it correctly...which isn't totally their fault, as the Conformulator NEVER worked right for me.

Maybe I'll just scale her cheekbones back and live with it. I'll have to live with the sunglasses clipping through her cheeks as well, so why not let it all slide into entropy while I'm at it?

And then...I think the suit is dark enough. Maybe. Could be darker... It reminds me a lot of the Onyx armor (and a little bit of the Colossus armor) in Mass Effect...oh, yes. I want it to look like what I did to the Onyx:

(Comparison between the vanilla and my changes to the Onyx.)

Enh, maybe not like that exactly. (God knows someone's already released ME-like retexes for that armor.) I'll work on it some more, though.

Oh, look. 3am. Again. I swear, I fiddle with textures more than I play games anymore. ::)

Offline Silver Sorrow

• Forums Keeper
« Reply #19 on: April 22, 2009, 06:00:39 PM »
Maybe I should stop right here for a while...

...because I know if I don't take a break from tweaking that armor, I'll just make it worse.

I'm not sure if I like the gray areas' waffle pattern in the previous post more, or the smaller bead-like pattern in this post's example. Again, if I don't think about it for a couple of days, I should have a better idea of what I want.

...that onyx is starting to look pretty good. I wonder if I could...? NO! Time for a BREAK. :vacation:

Offline Silver Sorrow

• Forums Keeper
« Reply #20 on: April 22, 2009, 11:58:39 PM »
Okay, so I couldn't resist.

I got rid of the "wires" around the armpits; it looks like the actual wires from the gadgetry on the mesh are running under the clothing now, instead of sticking out. The good thing about this texture is that the guy got rid of the stupid red pieces of tape holding them down.

Also, I found that making the cheekbones more shallow got rid of most of the clipping 'twixt cheeks and glasses, as well as cheeks and hair...but the glasses still poke through the hair.

Need aspirin.

Offline Silver Sorrow

• Forums Keeper
« Reply #21 on: April 25, 2009, 02:13:32 AM »
It's the Return Of The Scary Little Asian Girl!

Fortunately, she grows out of scary and into hot. But she's still 16, so watch it.

Now at 19, she's fair game...but, uh...she won't play if she doesn't want to.

Studious AND willing to beat someone to death with a Louisville Slugger!

So I've been putting new stuff into the Stuff mod. I spent all day trying to figure out how to get night vision glasses working...since I'm a complete moron when it comes to cool stuff like that, I had to follow the example as provided by the original author (Lost Cosmonaut)...and failed miserably. I couldn't figure out where I had gone wrong. So I looked at WillieSea's Leveler's Truck Trailer, and followed HIS examples. He had streamlined the scripts and the effects necessary for nv glasses. So I finally got it working. Yay for me.

I also added a beret.

Perhaps the beret is a bit too much. I like it, anyway.

I also worked a bit on darkening the stealth armor even more...I'm not sure it's the version I want to run with, but I like the look. When I'm finally happy with what I have, I'll likely make the different schemes available (the dark-gray-with-lighter-gray version in the previous posts, the almost-black-with-dark-gray, the rainbow happy fun people version, etc.).

So.

In Megaton, where the light's a bit more harsh than I would have liked.

I'll bet you were wondering where I was going to paste that bloody dragon next.

Outside Megaton, where the light's kinder (thanks to the weather mod)

I hope Bethesda goes with this crouching pose in TES V. I wish someone would port it to Oblivion...

These were taken at roughly 60 to 65% brightness; 75% gives a much clearer picture of the contrast betweeen the grays. I was thinking of a version with the almost-black cloth and the lighter gray areas of the previous version, but I'm a little concerned that it'll look like the Talons' Spaceballs armor.

EDIT:
Since I spent a few days carving the texture into pieces, making changes are fairly easy. I tried the almost-black with the lighter-gray, and...

I think I like it.  :turnhappy:

So...any preferences to what I release? Or should I just release all three as alternates?
« Last Edit: April 25, 2009, 02:35:22 AM by Silver Sorrow »

Offline OrlopRat

• Hangar 16 Leftover
« Reply #22 on: April 25, 2009, 03:13:09 PM »
 I vote for all three. I like having choices to go along with whatever character I'm playing, and what kind of mood I'm in. Both of which things change quite frequently.

Three words: St. John's Wort.

What the hell is a "wort" anyway? Maybe Ms. Liu, CEO will know.

"Wort: a plant lacking a permanent woody stem; many are flowering garden plants or potherbs; some having medicinal properties."

Thanks! :ok:

Meanwhile, the ever evil F3 Morgie has discovered that you can't sell the ever annoying Sticky into slavery. She went through all her mesmetron ammo trying. Oh well.

One of these people is going to die. Guess which one?

FUNNY CAT GRANIA FOTO:

"I is a slave."

This may or may not turn out well.... :lol:

Offline Starfox

• Master Keeper
  • Did anybody see my lenses?
    • The Foxhole
« Reply #23 on: April 25, 2009, 06:42:48 PM »
So...any preferences to what I release? Or should I just release all three as alternates?

I vote for dark + light gray  :ok: Although if I was on TESNexus I would probably go with: "Ur da man dude! But could I get a special purple version with yellow flowers? Huh? No? Just checking. Hey, no need to be rude; it's fair to ask!"

One of these people is going to die. Guess which one?

The last one... I don't like her sunglasses  :lol: As for the annoying guy in the middle, just loose him in a fight between two deathclaws. He should have enough fun that way.

Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination encircles the world. -- A. Einstein

Offline Silver Sorrow

• Forums Keeper
« Reply #24 on: April 26, 2009, 09:47:36 PM »
Y'know, I wondered how they were going to explain how my girl could get into the slave camp unnoticed while carrying all sorts of Dragon-approved weaponry. Turns out, they just took everything from her except her slave outfit. Why didn't I see that coming??

-------------------------------------------------------
DEVELOPER'S FAQ
Q: How do I control every aspect of the player's choices while having them run through my little rat's maze?

A: Take away their gear. Sometime you may even have to curb their stats creatively. For example, a spell or object that reduces their running speed or strength.

Q: Is that ethical?

A: Security! Drag this person outside and shoot him in the street like a dog. No...shoot him like he's a dog, not like you're a dog. Stop barking, idiot! I...look, get rid of the dog costume. This isn't working at all. Yes, I *know* it was my simile to begin with, and I'm truly sorry I attempted using it in a room full of OU graduates. Just shoot him, okay?? Geez!
-------------------------------------------------------

"culd u mkae 1 liek Inaruyoshipikachuchimchim wiht teh GRROOOOOAAAARRRRRR!!!111 liek tey do?"

Exactly why I'm not releasing this through the Nexus. If I were to condone people being dragged outside and shot, I'd suggest they start with most of the clods at the Nexus. Then? PES. Next? Mass graves for the official forums people! It's a good thing I'm not in charge of the world. Still, I think it'd be a lot quieter than before. :lol:

I'll make all three available, then. I personally like the almost-black + light gray, which...I don't know. The NUCLEAR HDR BLAST lighting doesn't like anything I do, as seen in the second pic in this post. Still, I'll be looking into what the schemes look like with regular lighting.

I've been working on the helmet. I've been using a retex of the visor plus the HiRes textures in an attempt to remove the bug-like look. Early version:

This has a chrome effect applied to the visor. The next one, in broad daylight (why does she feel like her skin is melting?), depicts the visor with a red effect.

It looks like red plastic.  :P  I'll be experimenting with various effects and a gold visor, right after I get the upper texture (over the visor) right. I have a couple of ideas, some of them even possible.

Personally, I prefer the beret to the helmet.  ::)

Finally, for this post, an actual screenshot aligning to the original intent of this thread:

Hooray for bad physics!

Offline OrlopRat

• Hangar 16 Leftover
« Reply #25 on: April 27, 2009, 10:28:42 AM »
AAAHHH! The floating pelvis!

The last one... I don't like her sunglasses  :lol: As for the annoying guy in the middle, just loose him in a fight between two deathclaws. He should have enough fun that way.

Be careful my friend, that's Clover you're talking about, and she's rather unstable. Also, I made her essential.

"Ne pas se moquer de mes lunettes de soleil. Ils sont très à la mode."

Interesting. Her French is as bad as mine. ;D

Sticky and the Deathclaws. I like it. I keep getting him killed and then resurrecting him with the console. It's a lot more fun than selling him off or taking him to Bigtown. >:D

( "Sticky and the Deathclaws". I think I have their CD around here somewhere...)

My Scary Little Asian Girl is scarier than your Scary Little Asian Girl:

Actually, they're both pretty disturbing. Speaking of disturbing...

I worry about the linearity of TES V, if it does turn out to be single player. Operation Anchorage with swords? Ever notice the influx of kids over at the Beth forums who get annoyed at the amount of choices they have, and want someone to mod them out?

"i hav no wilpower plz take out teh cheat from ur mod" or " i hait 2 read can everione speacking be in morowind liek in oblivon?"

It's gotten worse since F3 came out. They want VATS in Morrowind (I'm not kidding). There's a steady progression towards combat in Beth RPG's too, in OB everything in the MQ involves fighting, no cajoling or bribing or figuring things out like in MW. F3 is basically an RPG shooter. And now with the F3 DLC's they seem to be experimenting with sucking all open endedness out of the game.

It's the console kids. They buy the games. Or rather their parents buy the games. They have no attention spans. A game to them is something to rush through, get microsoft achievement points, and move on.
   "i just beat oblivion are their any modes 2 make me play more??"

The term "beat" should never be used in relation to a good RPG. If you finish the main quest and can't think of anything else to do, even without mods, you have no imagination, probably only marginal intelligence, and should probably think seriously about playing a different genre of game.

But enough old fart elitist rambling. I need lunch now.  I'll eat something and watch a "How to beat Morrowind in 17 minutes" video on Youtube.

Then I'll watch a penguin jump up and down.

« Last Edit: April 27, 2009, 10:35:19 AM by OrlopRat »

Offline Starfox

• Master Keeper
  • Did anybody see my lenses?
    • The Foxhole
« Reply #26 on: April 27, 2009, 02:15:58 PM »
The term "beat" should never be used in relation to a good RPG. If you finish the main quest and can't think of anything else to do, even without mods, you have no imagination, probably only marginal intelligence, and should probably think seriously about playing a different genre of game.

So true... Unfortunately not ALL the RPGs are good. I mean Anchorage and The Pitt are perfect example of how to dumb down a RPG. "Make them play the way you want" (Anchorage); "Arbitrarily strip them off of everything they have so they need to restock which should make the DLC longer" (The Pitt). Where are the good old days of things like Bloodmoon or Tribunal? Gone... With my gear... "The Pitt" left me as much equipped as Brad's brain (Brad... Ya know... Pitt.... Get it? No? OK, moving on  :lol: ). The all "Take their gear" is overrated anyway... Half-Life did that first then every developer after that felt like compelled to do a similar bit somewhere in their games. It has become an all too common dev's joke.

"Ne pas se moquer de mes lunettes de soleil. Ils sont très à la mode."

Pretty good. Except for the fact that "lunettes de soleil" is female in gender so it's "Elles" (common mistake since everything is gendered in French and generally opposite gender compared to English; when things get gendered in English that is... (for American pilots a plane is "she" but for French pilots it's "he"... Hey maybe Boeing and Airbus should stop fighting and make love instead  :biglaugh: ) We're such a pain in the ass plus we don't have any equivalent for "it". Frankly I admire foreigners who can align two sentences in French because if it wasn't for the fact that it is my native language, hence more or less "mandatory" here, I would rather learn something else... anything else that doesn't have a gazillion variations for each verb. Take for example the verb "être" (to be). That gives:

Je suis, tu es, il/elle est, nous sommes, vous êtes, ils/elles sont

Simple... But that's only for present. Now there are all the other time variations. Futur, passé-simple, passé-composé, imparfait, conditionnel, plus-que-parfait... and so on. No really French is a lot of fun...

Point is: except for the gender there's nothing wrong with your sentences... Even the accents are right  :ok: And after my speech Clover is so bored that she prefers to go and find the nearest pub to refresh her neurons... See, that's my way to NOT fight (and sometimes to not have sex). Bore them to death...  :evil1:

Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination encircles the world. -- A. Einstein

Offline Silver Sorrow

• Forums Keeper
« Reply #27 on: May 08, 2009, 03:04:52 AM »
See, I have trouble with just American. ;D  Instead of a useful language such as French, I took a lot of Latin in school, but 1) I was more interested in the blonde babes sitting beside me (they considered me a "friend"...god damn it!), 2) I had no interest in learning anything, and 3) did I mention the blondes? They had a Korean friend. Sweet Janice. I would've eaten a domesticated animal for her.

I learned NOTHING in school.

...wait, there was one thing: don't eat nachos outside on a windy day, *especially* if you have long hair.

Anyway, I agree. Plus, it seems that the kiddies have had everything handed to them ("Mommy and Daddy are getting a divorce, so here's everything you ever wanted so you won't be damaged and kill a bunch of people."), so games are yet another way of keeping the little bastards amused. (Okay, so I've had quite a lot handed to me in life as well, but I'm well-adjusted enough to admit it. :lol:) I saw an interview with gstaff at Gamasutra, where he described Bethesda's F3 community as being a bit strange at first (my words), what with the culture clash and all...the TES people and the Fallout people, I mean. What he said made sense, but I have to nitpick that a little:

The community was already somewhat split, since the OB people were largely morons...and THEN the Fallout crowd wandered over.

!!KABOOM!!

Now we got stupid splattered all over our shoes.

I dunno...I get a little depressed when an RPG is over. MW, OB, Mass Effect...I was okay when F3 ended, because I didn't enjoy it as much as I was expected to enjoy it. ("This is the greatest game EVER!" "Yeah...whatever. When's the next Elder Scrolls game coming out?") I didn't want Jade Empire to end, man. But there comes a time when you've finished the MQ, explored all the dungeons, killed everyone worth killing (and even those that weren't), became the head of every major guild, and...well. It's time to start over with a new character! The idea here is immerse yourself in this fiction that *you* shape yourself; going back to an FPS after playing mostly RPGs, well...it's something of a disappointment. It's like reading a good book, then switching to reading cereal boxes...

...unless the cereal box has a maze. I love mazes on cereal boxes. Not so hot about mazes in my games, though...

...okay, I've tired myself into incoherence again. Better wrap this up with a few screenshots.

First, I disabled Fellout and Greener World. I rarely sleep (in-game, I mean), and running around after dark with Fellout is something of a problem. Even the night vision glasses didn't help much. And the pretty trees from GW gave me an FPS hit, albeit minor. And they're always in the way when I'm trying to shoot something that deserves it (or not). So out they went.

Second, I've been in sort of a foul mood the last few days -- I know, I know: what's new, eh? -- so I finally installed Killable Children tonight. Blew MacCready's friggin' head off, then took care of Princess...and her little guard dog, too! I felt a lot better about myself after that. I've always hated those two. Managed to knock my sugary sweet Karma rating down to almost neutral levels in the process, too! So...win-win! And it got even better later on.

Btw, Xian didn't kill all of the kids in Little Lamplight. She's no monster. Just...easily irritated. She also killed one of the idiot Project Purity people when he called her a "snot-nosed brat". They did all they could to help him, but he was pretty much just a jumpsuit full of blood.

She wanted to kill Dr. Li too, but never got the chance. :mad1:

As a side note, I was wondering just the other day why almost everyone in this game was a total douchebag. Sure, you're living in the rotting remains of civilization, but there's no law against being pleasant, is there? Of course not! There are no laws! It's total anarchy! But let's not look at it as a negative; how about an anarchy of happy? Smile! Laugh! Give me all your caps so you can go on laughing and smiling!

Anyway, after I had lowered my Karmic status from Jesus to...I don't know, Paragon or something, I got another chance: Anna Holt.

This took me down to a reasonable Karmic level. The best thing about it is that Fawkes declined to follow me, as I wasn't good enough. This was fantastic, as I hate being saddled with followers most of the time (Sydney's an exception), and I hate firing people. I wouldn't make a good boss. So anyway...

Yeah, I get it.

Thank you, yes. I GOT IT, OKAY?? LEAVE ME ALONE!!

She always has this expression after sitting down. It may be hemmorhoid-related.

Or maybe it's because her right cheek is clipping through her friggin' hair and the shades are digging into her left cheek. Well, I guess either explanation is cheek-related...

The Stealth Boy 3000: a useful tool that doesn't like custom hair.

I had to brighten this up a bit to show that, yes, she's bald...but she has a lovely hairstyle growing out of her forearm. ::)

Not-As-Scary-As-Before Little Asian Girl...

...ramps up the scariness.

Okay, yes...that was good...

...but let's take it from the top again, with feeling this time.

I found the Garden of Eden, but it wasn't at Hooters.

Go figure.

(I know: her face is terribly messed up for some reason. Believe you me, I'm dedicated to fixing that.)

I had MacCready's helmet, so I tried it on.

I'm pretty sure this won't make a lick of sense to me in the morning, but I'll just go with it for the moment. I have the sneaking suspicion that *none* of this will make any sense to me tomorrow...

Since the v1.1 patch, I haven't had CTDs when I finish the game. After the major videos play, I get this:

It just goes to a black screen: no credits. And nothing has changed with the v1.5 patch. But at least it runs.

Well. That's it from me for the moment.

Okay, maybe two more things. Joely Fisher.

...'cause her two things are about to fall out, right? Right? And...oh, forget it. It all stopped making sense to me fifteen minutes ago. :sleepy2:

My apologies to Joely Fisher, her breasts, you, me, and everyone else.

Forum Restriction Notice
Some of the content of this post is not visible for  Guests.
You must be logged in to view the full content.

Offline OrlopRat

• Hangar 16 Leftover
« Reply #28 on: May 09, 2009, 09:43:17 AM »
 Good to see a couple of nice things related to Fallout for a change ;D

I've solved the very dark night problem by setting the timescale to 1. It never gets dark. I start out in the morning, and have to put in many hours of gameplay before the sun goes down. And at the rate I play F3, that many hours take a long time to pile up. If they do, I just sleep through it. :lol:

Microbeth is trying to tell us something. I've found this little message more than once:

Message received.

Still, there are some bright spots. For those of us who are fans of WW2 stuff, HeroinZero has come up with a nice SturmGewehr 44 , which is apparently ported over from STALKER, but I've never played that, so I have no opinion. After some tweaking in GECK to make it suit my godlike needs, it's a fun weapon. Here we have it being graciously modeled by F3 Morgie, who's a big WW2 buff, though a bit one sided, what with being evil and all that:

Some titclipping, as usual, but even so I think it suits her.

The Morrigan has been looking pretty good lately, which I have to say or else she'll hurt me. Bad.

"I might hurt you anyway, just for the hell of it."

She's progressed from "Very Evil: Harbinger of War" to "Fiend".

Congratulations Morgie! You've put in a lot of hard work, and it shows.

I enjoy playing evil in F3. It lets me suck whatever enjoyment I can out of this mess of a game. I think, "What would I, OrlopRat, do in this situation?" and then do the opposite. It's cleansing. In actual life I'm more like Grania, but without the nice breastisies.
   Although if I don't lay off the cheese... :amazed:

Not that Morgie is going to be enjoying her sucess for long. You see, I have plans for her...

"Oh crap...."

Have fun, my little Celtic devil-goddess :turnhappy:

Forum Restriction Notice
Some of the content of this post is not visible for  Guests.
You must be logged in to view the full content.

Offline OrlopRat

• Hangar 16 Leftover
« Reply #29 on: May 22, 2009, 05:41:00 AM »
 By the way, this is my  666th post.  :vampire: :coolcthulhu: :bigteeth: :devilpissed: >:D

How appropriate. I dedicate this post to Bethesda Softworks and Fallout 3.  :computerfix:

New hardware, new install. Patched to 1.4, OA and the Pitt installed, no crashes, freezes, or problems. I'm worried.

Re-installed F3, lost Morgie, so Grania's going in. She was thrilled.

"Yeah...great...whatever..."

An exciting, immersive adventure awaits!

"Can I go home now?"

After many fun filled hours of immersive gameplay, immersively played, with awe inspiring immersion, the masterfully realized DLC came to it's thrilling anti-climax. So it's North to Alaska, land of snowy peaks and virtual communists!

"You're kidding, right?"

A masterfully realized and immersive experience awaits!

"It's cold. I'm sick...really...help me......."

And then there's this:

"It's your computer's fault."

This time I think you're right.

OK kids, time for a song !

::)

I give up.

EDIT: On top of everything else, I can't spell.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2009, 05:50:57 AM by OrlopRat »