Author Topic: Fallout 3 Screenshot Thread  (Read 38181 times)

Offline Silver Sorrow

• Forums Keeper
  • Totally Awesome Member - Won A Cookie!
Re: Fallout 3 Screenshot Thread
« Reply #30 on: May 23, 2009, 01:05:57 AM »
In these troubled times -- bad economy, rotten patches, Bethesda fanboys -- I take comfort in the fact that, yes, Steve Hackett still sounds better than his former bandmates and their mediocre corporate-sponsored "reunion"...and this may be biased of me to add this, but I've always thought Daryl Stuermer's interpretation of the Firth of Fifth solo (all the versions I've heard, anyway) blows dead rats. A bunch of notes and no "feel" whatsoever, the very antithesis of Steve Hackett. He's the Anti-Steve!

I'm sorry, where am I?

Oh, right. F3 screenshots.

Welcome to 666.

William Blake: "The Post Count Of The Beast Is 666."

Actually, I like how you've managed to create a believable-looking person, in this day and age of heavily-made up glamour girls and...yes, irritated-looking pan-dimensional psychos with deeply-jutting eyebrows.  :lol:  Well...to this end...

"MI MAN'T MREAVE IN MIF FING!"

My current wallpaper:

I hope TES IV will allow this kind of detail. Then again, I do kind of like the dreamy look...oy, such a dilemma! Gritty, pore-depicting reality, or dreamy, Vaseline-smeared fantasy?

No, no...scratch that last...no!

Concept: combine New Testament numerology with a fantasy girl and you get...yes, a devil girl with little pointy red horns.  ::)

Forum Restriction Notice
Some of the content of this post is not visible for  Guests.
You must be logged in to view the full content.

« Last Edit: May 23, 2009, 01:10:34 AM by Silver Sorrow »
An interview with Kim Kardashian? Who wants to see that? I'd rather see an interview with the mortician's assistant who had to piece her head back together so they could have an open-casket funeral.

Offline OrlopRat

• Hangar 16 Leftover
    • OrlopRat at Deviant Art
« Reply #31 on: May 24, 2009, 09:13:29 AM »
 Mmmm....devil women.... :cooldevil:

I do like the way the latest F3 Grania turned out.

Best F3 character I've created yet. Well, actually, "created" isn't really accurate, she's Xi'an, and her face is one of the presets (I forget which one) with only a minor amount of tweaking by myself. Worked out well. :ok:

It's a shame she's running out of stuff to do. Did the Pitt, and just finished Anchorage, which at least left her with some nice armor.

"I has armor. It am shiny."

Back to school, that's something to do. Kind of.

"Eyes on the desk, kid. You're one mod away from being toast."

Getting to know the wildlife is always fun.

"You has a flavor"

Interesting locals to meet.

Nice shirt, dude.

Then, there's always drugs.

"Woah......"

Exploration, the Wanderer's friend.

"Oh god, it's all the same..."

So it's back to the Rudder once again.

"One damn beer and I'm an addict?? In Tamriel I could drink like a fish. F**k this."

Yep.
Tiens, voilà du boudin...

Offline OrlopRat

• Hangar 16 Leftover
« Reply #32 on: May 31, 2009, 10:09:32 AM »
 I took a small break from the MW-OB cycle and went to the Wastes for a bit. Resurrected the Morrigan. I missed her.

I found out a strange thing about Mr. Burke. You can get his willie all excited to the point where he doesn't care about blowing up Megaton anymore.

He runs off somewhere and starts sending you love notes. How the hell do I become evil without nuking Megaton? Actually, not so difficult... :evil1:

Went to Girdershade.

I like Sierra, even if she does have problems with floors.

I'm not the only one who likes her.

If you use the Black Widow perk on him and hint at a ménage à trois he'll go running off looking for Quantum and get himself killed. Just as well. Anyone who uses the term "horizontal bop" doesn't deserve to live. :lol:

I always shoot the Enclave eyebots. It's fun. Nathan probably doesn't like that. I don't care.

I'm not sure, but when your president is the disembodied voice of Malcolm McDowell, I do have some questions...

Offline The Rogue Wolf

• Forums Keeper
« Reply #33 on: May 31, 2009, 10:47:24 AM »
I like Sierra, even if she does have problems with floors.
Side effects of Nuka-Cola may include but are not limited to:
  • Headaches
  • Uncontrollable sneezing
  • Nosebleeds
  • Brain hemmoraging
  • Radiolumiescent urine
  • Random mutations
  • Death
  • Phasing through solid objects
  • Mild rash
Should any of these symptoms progress for more than three days (or should death not progress for more than three days), see a doctor.
"Choice one: we flank them using what military men called tactics, and what religious men call divine inspiration. Or, we charge at them head on screaming various obscenities, in what military men call bravery and religious men also call divine inspiration."

Offline Starfox

• Master Keeper
  • Did anybody see my lenses?
    • The Foxhole
« Reply #34 on: May 31, 2009, 04:15:12 PM »
I found out a strange thing about Mr. Burke. You can get his willie all excited to the point where he doesn't care about blowing up Megaton anymore.

That's about the only time (with Ronald) the "black widow" perk is useful in the whole game  :lol: sadly that doesn't work with a male character and the "lady killer" perk... The dialogue could have been funny...

I have another way to become quite evil very rapidly... out of Vault 101 directly heading for Tenpenny Tower, agreeing on helping the ghouls there, choosing to loose hell in the tower and (that's the trick that really does it) participate in the killing getting rid of as many civilians as you can (guards and Tenpenny  do not count -- actually it's better to NOT kill Tenpenny himself because you gain good karma). If with that you don't achieve a "very evil" status, I be damned...

Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination encircles the world. -- A. Einstein

Offline Silver Sorrow

• Forums Keeper
« Reply #35 on: June 01, 2009, 02:14:59 PM »
sadly that doesn't work with a male character and the "lady killer" perk... The dialogue could have been funny...

PLAYER: [Speech 47%] Hi there, big boy! Buy me a drinky-poo?

BURKE: [FAIL] Uhhhh...excuse me, I have to go throw up all over myself.

I'll take a break from my hectic schedule -- those walls aren't going to stare at themselves, you know -- and throw in a couple.

"This is the last time I eat here..."

Is that a bloody, multi-jointed object sticking out of your pants, or are you happy to see me?

Yet another oddity: this fine (dead) lass was running from Hunters, got killed by a giant radscorpion (which, incidentally, took a LOT of ammo to kill on the so-called "normal" difficulty), and sort of...stood there, dead. (The Hunters were also killed by the scorpion, thanks for caring about them.) Scientific curiosity got the better of me, so I blew her head off, whereupon the physics worked and she hit the hardpan. Still, her status -- red text -- stayed the same.

This game is getting to me. I hate loading a savegame (in the wastes or D.C.) and having to immediately spin around and kill a freshly-spawned hostile that wasn't there when I saved. Screwy.

This is the thanks I get for making her pretty. Hmmmph.

Ah, the so-called "Innsmouth Look."

"Everyone keeps calling me 'sir'...either they've been up here too long, or I have."

This is why I never go outside.

"Are you a happy little golden ghoul?"

"...thus ended our long search for the legendary Headless Four-Legged Brute Of Washington County..."

"I don't understand it. They said 'take off your helmet and smile for the camera!' and when I did, they started shooting. Weird."

Yes, I've slept very little lately. Shows, doesn't it? :P
« Last Edit: June 01, 2009, 02:20:34 PM by Silver Sorrow »
An interview with Kim Kardashian? Who wants to see that? I'd rather see an interview with the mortician's assistant who had to piece her head back together so they could have an open-casket funeral.

Offline OrlopRat

• Hangar 16 Leftover
« Reply #36 on: June 04, 2009, 06:50:35 PM »

"Some girls were just born with glitter in their veins."
                                                                                                               TheBubbleGumPrincess

Perhaps, perhaps. But not the Morrigan. Morgie was born with veins full of glass shards and razor wire. If "born" she actually was. More like spawned, I think.

Devil Queen Of The Wastes

At least as far as Fallout 3's incarnation of the little Celtic demon goes, anyway. In Oblivion she's bad, sure, a loyal servant of Mehrunes Dagon, Dark Brotherhood assassin, but it's hard to be all that evil in Tamriel, and damned inconvenient.  In the lawless wastes, however, there are no guards to come down on your ass every three seconds, no fines, no jails. Basic services are not denied just because you're a sociopathic lunatic. It's the one thing that keeps me playing this buggy nightmare of a game.

Morgie and Clover, together again.

Imagine these two in the sack? Well, don't. And if by some awful chance you do, seek professional help immediately. Such thoughts lead to madness, or worse.

So Megaton remains un-nuked, but letting the ghouls into Tenpenny Tower worked nicely. First, though, I sent Morgie on a killing spree, leaving very little for Roy and his ferals to do once I opened the gates. Between the slaughter and robbery, the karma went down as fast as a bag of White Castle sliders goes down a doper. Fun, fun, fun.

Shouldn't that be "Vault Boogeygirl" though? A minor quibble, but still...

The line between bravery and just plain foolhardiness is often quite thin:

Never tell the Morrigan she's not fabulous. Go throw yourself in front of a Deathclaw instead. It's a lot quicker and far less painful.

Offline Silver Sorrow

• Forums Keeper
« Reply #37 on: June 06, 2009, 01:00:17 PM »
Surprisingly -- and here's where I start ducking projectiles -- I've had very few crashes so far. No, I'm not jumping on Echonite's Bandwagon Of Elitist Dumbassery --

-- but I attribute my success to one thing: kneecapping my game by removing most of the mods I found most useful. My own mods are thankfully not a problem, but some? Ehhhhh. I miss the 10x timescale mod (I was CTDing after the cutscene prefacing the You-Gotta-Take-The-GOAT convo with dear ol' Liam Dad; removing it and resetting the scale back to the default 30x stopped the crashing in THAT instance), the exploding radios mod, etc. I've been adding some of them back in one by one, hoping nothing goes wrong (VaultSuitBetterRearsForFemale s, TL_Color [Tranquility Lane, that is], etc.)...so, gaining confidence, I'm about to add some of my favorites: RCmarketNoFire (improves the FPS in the Rivet City's marketplace dramatically), Litter Removal (removes the paper all over the place), Exploding Radios (for when you just can't take anymore goddamn marching band music), and...LevelersTruckTrailer. That one I gotta get back.

But my somewhat bland, rarely-crashing experience hasn't been free of bugs, oh NO. Not by a long shot. From the rubber-band-body physics debacle (stretchy and weird! and then, when the engine's tired of playing with a corpse, ka-pwiiiiiiing! over the horizon!) to the standard weird-ass crap we've come to expect from the people Who Just Can't Seem To Get It Right, it's been...well, it's been fun documenting it, anyway.

For example, my computer BSOD'd after quicksaving (I don't think it was related; I still haven't gotten my system straightened out yet...but it's not my fault. Or is it? If I were more of a nag, I guess I'd either have the thing fixed by now or be panhandling for change outside Wal-Mart), but I didn't know that the quicksave was corrupted. So loading it (yes, it loaded instead of giving me the usual stupid snippy message), poof! I was in front of Vault 101...in my underwear...and I was a white guy. I was also informed that I was addicted, and I needed help (an intervention? Out *here*?? Are you mad?!?) or more drugs, whichever happened to find a vein first. And when I brought up my Pipsqueak 3000:

Blank. I've known about this sort of thing happening, but it's never happened to me before: waking up in a familiar place in my undies, a completely different gender...

Fortunately, I had an earlier hard save. You know, MW made me wary, thus more inclined to save often. OB made me paranoid, WAY more inclined to save often, mostly with hard saves. But this game...yow. Run five feet OMFG I DIDN'T SAVE save save save...whew. Wait...did I save? I NEED TO SAVE!

And so on. It was *really* bad when I was getting random crashes on saving... :joystickcrazy:

And then there was the Corvega factory. I went inside, killed everything that needed killing, went outside. Hard save in the parking lot. I hope this wasn't related (but you never know), but I decided to test out the Type 3 body mod (long story short? not really worth the effort...horrible shoulders; still, it is an excellent effort, considering the limitations he has to work with). After rejecting that, I loaded up the save and...hey! There's a couple of Outcasts! Ha-ha! I do hope they get cancer.

Not that they ever live that long. I watched them fight an Eyebot...ineffectively...and I think only one of them survived. (Jackie Gleason: "You sumbitches couldn't open an umbrella!") I never found out for sure, as the game decided that I needed to sink halfway into the landscape.

We *are* close to Pennsylvania, but I wasn't counting on my own little Philadelphia Experiment. I could move around, but every time I moved forward, it was like I was jumping; attempting to fast travel was met with one of those "you can't fast travel when you're jumping!" messages, but I finally made it to some sort of solid ground. (It goes without saying that I was attacked by a Mr. Gutsy in the middle of all this; his carcass flew around the landscape a few times, too. Fun.) I fast traveled away, then came back. The ground was fine again, but I was scarred for life. This game... :mad1:

But life goes on.

"Like its mutated brother, the Four-Legged Talon is an elusive beast, appearing only when you least expect it."

Hey, if that's all it takes to make you happy...oh, 'scuze the noise: that's just my thousands and thousands of caps jingling against all these vodka bottles...

Offline The Rogue Wolf

• Forums Keeper
« Reply #38 on: July 09, 2009, 06:06:43 PM »
For some reason I'm playing F3 again. Probably because I found TheOutbreak's Wasteland Moods Mod and I'd like to see what post-apocalyptic D.C. would look like with some of that "weather" stuff I've heard mentioned now and then.

"When Three Dog said that there could be slightly reduced visibility today, he might've understated the point."

"This reminds me of another spooky, desolated town I was in once. What was it called... Quiet Ridge? Noiseless Mesa? Can't remember."

"I don't know where I am, why I'm wearing this hideous outfit or how much of what I had to drink last night, but SOMEbody is getting his nose put through the back of his skull!"
"Choice one: we flank them using what military men called tactics, and what religious men call divine inspiration. Or, we charge at them head on screaming various obscenities, in what military men call bravery and religious men also call divine inspiration."

Offline OrlopRat

• Hangar 16 Leftover
« Reply #39 on: July 13, 2009, 09:35:15 PM »
  I'm not responsible for any fashion nightmares that may or may not occur, although my nose might look interesting on another part of my skull. At least it's something different.

Personally, I don't believe in "weather". I think it's one of those "urban legend" things, like "happiness". But I could be wrong.

I finally got Point Lookout up and running, thanks to the fix . My main reaction is that I'm very dissapointed with the Confederate kepi.

Besides the fact that it appears to be made out of some metal alloy, it just doesn't say "Johnny Reb" the way it should. I can't see any self respecting redneck biker wearing this thing. It looks like an Austro-Hungarian officers hat out of a bad operetta. Made out of metal.
   I like the crossed rifle insignia on the front, though. It's not correct for the Civil War, being circa 1872 at the earliest, but it is the trademark of every crappy tourist souvenir rebel hat sold at fine tourist traps everywhere. So Beth got that right, at least.

Other than that, nothing else very interesting on the F3 front, so I'll leave it be for now.

Oh wait. This is pretty tasteless:

Tiananmen Lane

Offline OrlopRat

• Hangar 16 Leftover
« Reply #40 on: July 19, 2009, 09:26:48 PM »
   Why do I keep playing this game?  :hammerhead:

SO I recreated F3 Morrigan for the 937th time. Like I've said before, the one thing that keeps me interested in this thing is the ability to be totally and irredeemably evil in a convenient way, without pesky guards and jails and such.

Wait, did I say "irredeemably"? I spoke too soon.

I got Morgie up to a nice total and abysmal level of revolting wickedness, and was feeling quite good about it. Then, like an idiot, I decide to run her through the Main Quest. She went kicking and screaming, used every rude and sarcastic dialog option there was, and managed to retain a decent evil status. Even after being forced into Lyon's Pride and everything. Then comes the prelude to the grand denouement in the Rotunda.

Oh crap...

Maybe I should have sent Sarah Lyons into the death hole. But no, in goes Morgie. After all, with Broken Steel, resurrection awaits, yes.

TWO WEEKS LATER...

Morgie was crushed. She's not even sure if her friends in Paradise Falls will even speak to her anymore, let alone restrain themselves from trying to kill her. She loved it there. Got treated with the fear and respect she deserved. Now she's a friggin' knight in the BoS. How depressing.

Well, it's time to hit the wastes and see what karma reducing deeds can be done. Bigtown is toast, that's a given, and she hasn't even met Bryan Wilks yet. Many innocents out there to slaughter and enslave, many bad choices still to be made. There is hope. She needs to get back to Paradise Falls. She's got a whole mess of Chinese assault rifles to sell to that gun store guy there (Vault 87 is full of them, by the way).

Maybe Morgie should put on her BoS armor before going to town. The people will figure "Oh boy, the Brotherhood is here! We're safe! Give us some of that Aqua Pura!"

And then dump a couple of mini nukes on 'em. :lol:

We'll see what happens. But only after a much needed visit to Tamriel. OK Morgie?

Hey, at least I still have my Mesmetron. Could be worse.

That's my girl. Go get 'em! :ok:

Offline Silver Sorrow

• Forums Keeper
« Reply #41 on: July 20, 2009, 02:31:36 AM »
Tiananmen Lane is in my 'hood and in my street...  ;D

Karma. I found that the only way for me to enjoy the game is get a karma revamp mod and keep to the middle of the road. I hate the Constant Assassin concept, and I agonize over Karma gains...

Anyway, they added those Karma-rebalancer (or whatever) Perks in BS, but I don't like giving up a valuable Perk just to correct the devs' dumbassery.

Still, I have a certain character, currently festering away in Cyrodiil like a cancerous bubo of pure black hate, who would have broken Sarah's arms and tossed her ass into that chamber, forcing her to tap out the code with her face. I keep her far away from my other characters, even the evil ones. They have no idea what evil really is... :P

I, too, am thoroughly disappointed in the CSA kepi. But as long as I wear it, I can simply batter my way through any barrier with my head. I've tried it without the kepi, and it hurt a lot:

(Sorry about the murky quality. :P)

But I did get a good pic of the lighthouse...which doesn't exactly exist in this form in the real Point Lookout. But it is wallpaper worthy, for once:

Btw, HERE is a 1280x1024 (462k) version of the pic.

Well, I have nothing substantial to contribute (as is usual)...but I do have something that might be almost as good: read this post to download the zzSSF3 Stuff upgrade. Let me know if there are any problems (missing textures, etc.), please!

Features: new black weapons, new black armor, some new-ish sounds, three million variations on a single pair of sunglasses...whatever. Oh, and there's a nifty Starfox-ian script that lets you choose which AK-103 you want to lug around with you.  :ok:

I'm still figuring out what I need to include in the Xian Upgrade #9,000 (the hair in the above screenshot, for example); hopefully I won't take long on that one.

Offline OrlopRat

• Hangar 16 Leftover
« Reply #42 on: July 20, 2009, 07:07:13 AM »
 Wow. Edward Teach's roger. Happy Rat I be, yarg :pirate:

I'm still poking through the rock, but so far no problems, and I've been through all of the wearables and most of the weapons.

Morgie is happy. All the new stuff is helping her get over her karmic konfusion.

I'm happy. Lucky you.

:ok:

Offline OrlopRat

• Hangar 16 Leftover
« Reply #43 on: July 20, 2009, 10:14:08 AM »
 Damn, that Desert Eagle is sweet.

Speaking of sweet, Clover's back.

Like, yo ho, you know? Whatever.

I wonder what they'll make of her at the Citadel? Who cares? :evil1:

Yep, the Morrigan is evil again. Just took a few random slayings and enslavements. She wiped out Bigtown, except for Bittercup, who didn't seem to mind that everyone else was ground chuck. Actually, I think she was relieved.

Offline Silver Sorrow

• Forums Keeper
« Reply #44 on: July 21, 2009, 03:13:27 AM »
Because evil always finds a way!  :vampire:

Good, good...things work! YAY!  :ok:  I admit, I worry about such things. Not because I *care* per se, but because I'm expected to fix the stupid thing if something goes wrong. :lol:

Yup, the roger of the Teachinator himself. ;D  I didn't like the blandness of the original pauldron, and I was thinking of pirates rather than the Road Warrior...I guess it's a good thing I wasn't in a whimsically ironic mood, otherwise it'd be Hello Kitty.  :-\

I must admit that I'm fairly pleased how the Desert Eagle turned out, myself. Usually I muck with the textures until I'm sick of them, but that turned out well in a very short time, for once. Contrast that with the Rainbow AR Triplets (as I call them), which took forever to get right, and even now I think I could improve them further...but I'll worry about them later.

Right now I'm finishing up the (hopefully final) Xi'an race upgrade...it's somewhat complex, yet simple. I don't know anymore. I need sleep.

everything