Author Topic: Fallout 3 Screenshot Thread  (Read 41724 times)

Offline Silver Sorrow

• Forums Keeper
  • Totally Awesome Member - Won A Cookie!
Re: Fallout 3 Screenshot Thread
« Reply #45 on: July 21, 2009, 11:25:32 AM »
Huh. It seems as if I'm on a roll.

Read this post to get the Xi'an race upgrade #3. (~16mb)

Fixed hair mesh, alternate hair mesh, new hair mesh, eyebrow fix, new hand mesh, new textures, a zillion eyes, a bit of swapping around racial textures within the plugin, this and that, these and those, kith and kin...just check the readme for an exhaustive explanation that may skip over important details or omit to mention them entirely.

I hope this all works, because I have no idea if it does. :hammerhead:

Also, please check if your existing female Xi'an character still has the giant Groucho brows after installing the new plugin. If so, I can help out in removing them. I think.

Oh, right...a screenshot:

This is all I have left and I STILL need to finish that OB mod upgrade...
It is the scent of garlic that lingers on my chocolate fingers

Offline OrlopRat

• Hangar 16 Leftover
    • OrlopRat at Deviant Art
« Reply #46 on: August 03, 2009, 11:18:01 AM »
  All is working well. Of course, I haven't installed the 1.7 thing yet :computerfix:

Not that I've really been playing a lot of F3 lately, but Morgie and Clover were looking interesting last time I saw them.

Teufel Mädchen

Sort of reminds me of something I saw in a German fetish art video once.
Tiens, voilà du boudin...

Offline Silver Sorrow

• Forums Keeper
« Reply #47 on: August 05, 2009, 01:45:19 AM »
Why does that remind me of David Bowie??

...I'm sure there's a reason... :curiouslaugh:

I patched to 1.6, finally...then to 1.7 right after that. I jumped right into Zeta** and didn't crash. It felt so WRONG. Still, thanks to the devs' blatant disregard for engine limitations, I was still able to experience the low-grade nausea I've come to expect from the DLCs' typically overwrought framerates.
[** I seem to be thinking about Catherine Zeta-Jones a lot more than usual lately. I wonder why?]

This samurai armor is interesting. So's the cowboy armor outfit. The new armors have female versions, which was a pleasant surprise...while it has spurs, it's too bad that the cowboy outfit doesn't have a serape. Of course, Bethesda's never managed to pull off moving clothing (unlike Bioware), so it's best that they didn't bother.

So without spoiling too much...

Black Qin explores the source of the radio signal, and...whoops...well, she shoulda suspected.
Whoooooaaaa...crystal blue persuasion, man...suck me in, Zeta!

WARNING: Against your baser natures, try not to think of Ms. Zeta-Jones while reading the previous caption. Thank you.

I'd always suspected Black Qin was weird, but I'd never imagined...
"ANAL PROBE TIME! WOO-HOO!!"

Alas, it wasn't all she had hoped it would be (her complaint: "They didn't crank it up enough for my eyes to bug out. Bastards."), and she set out to show those alien wussies what happens to those who fail to satify her.
"Prepare to feel the prostate-disintegrating sting of my Illudium Q-36 Explosive Ass Modulator!"

First Contact:

Second Contact:

Third Contact:

Fourth Contact:

...and so on. All subsequent encounters were the same. She was told that the alien workers were harmless and she shouldn't hurt them, but she figured that if it was green, it had to die. So she lost Karma...whoopty-doo, she told me. I had to agree, because she had the guns. Moving on...

At some point it was vital that she go outside and do something or other. She found a space suit...well, she peeled it off a dead astronaut...same thing...and stopped for a moment, reflecting on the mysteries of existence itself:
"Why the hell are my hands so HUGE?? They can make a form-fitting space suit out of foil and styrofoam and rubber, but they can't make the gloves any smaller?? It's no wonder these humans are doomed."

She went on to do horrible things to the aliens...in fact, it was she who introduced the Pyramid Scheme to intergalactic civilization. The poor big-eyed bastards never had a chance, and galactic society collapsed in upon itself. Qin smiled at a job well done. She picked up one of the anal probe machines -- "Needs more power!" she enthused, adding "So I'm gonna rewire it!" -- and slipped off to a more civilized dimension, now that her work here was finally done. As is mine, as F3 offers very little else of interest. Well, I'll mangle the new armors a bit, see if I can eke a little more enjoyment out of this seemingly empty barrel.  :lol:

And finally:

Hey...I can destroy my house from here!

EDIT: Words...words...

So now we're passing strangers, at single tables
Still trying to get over
Still trying to edit wrong words for passing strangers
All those passing strangers
And the twinkling lies, all those twinkling lies
Sparkle with the white font on the forum
« Last Edit: August 05, 2009, 01:57:11 AM by Silver Sorrow »

Offline OrlopRat

• Hangar 16 Leftover
    • OrlopRat at Deviant Art
« Reply #48 on: August 06, 2009, 12:05:23 PM »
Indeed.

Quick impressions. I'm tired.

"Aaaaaaaaa......"

Again?

"Where's my stuff? I like my stuff. I want my stuff."

Git along lil' dogie, git along.....

"What's a dogie?"

Tiens, voilà du boudin...

Offline Silver Sorrow

• Forums Keeper
« Reply #49 on: September 22, 2009, 12:42:18 PM »
It's a sad thing.

...maybe that needs some sort of explanation (although I doubt it): yesterday, I decided to find out if F3 looked any better with new hardware. This was quite the undertaking in itself, as the game simply refused to launch. Attempting to lauch it via FOSE gave me this:

I'm not sure if that's normal with the 1.7 patch (and apparently they don't support 1.7 yet, which shows how much they love F3  :lol:), so I tried the launcher (I normally use a shortcut directly to the exe, as it bypasses the DVD-check). I got the Securom we-can't-find-the-disc-you-filthy-thief popup, so I dug up my F3 DVD and tried again. for some reason my DVD drive hates the F3 DVD -- Securom issues, I guess -- and it took a couple of attempts to get it to read the DVD. All typical so far. ::)  So it *finally* launches the game and I loaded a save.

Let me state here that I haven't loaded up F3 since shortly after Zeta came out...if that makes any difference.

So I loaded the save and...well, I suppose it looked better, but since all of my custom textures were either gone or replaced with bright lights, I really couldn't tell. Okay, here's the visual record:

(Note that in all of these, there is no evidence of the Darnified HUD at all.)

...and here's the most fun one:

So the game wasn't recognizing any of my textures anymore. Interesting. And quite infuriating. I tried a couple of half-hearted tricks (deleting the ini files, messing with FOMM), but I knew it'd just be easier to reinstall the damned thing completely...or so I thought.

Even though I updated it to v1.7, I see this:

So apparently the patch didn't take. I also don't recall reinstalling FOSE, but it's there too (I wonder if I forgot to delete the F3 folder entirely? It seems likely). It tells me that I have the original retail version and I should update the game. So I downloaded the 1.7 patch...again...and ran it. No change. So I'm now going to reinstall this travesty of programming and see if I can get it to NOTICE that it's been patched. So much effort for a game that I probably won't play when I'm done. It's the principle of the thing, I insist...

I admit though, that this is in no way comparable to the epic struggle I faced late last night, trying to figure out why Oblivion crashed every time I cast night eye. I thought it had something to do with the shaders -- I went throuh hell -- and it all came down to a couple of .xml files left over from my old installation that I had copied over (I thought they were simply DarN-related, but they were actually from Immersive Interface). I got rid of them and by Toutatis, I could cast spells again. Reinstalling Immersive Interface worked wonderfully.

Bethesda Softworks...more like Bethesda FUNworks, I say!

EDIT: Btw, did you all know that Exnem has released a new female body replacer for F3? Yes? No? Were any of you also aware that it sucks, just like all the other female body mods? It's true. Why? Because no one can fix the shoulders!! They can make gigantic boobs, but they can't edit the skeleton in their little grassroots modeling programs. A perfect example:

Sure, it looks okay...from the sternum down. But I just can't get over those godawful shoulders and weirdly-elongated neck. Mass Effect had the same problem: female Shepard, out of her combat suit, had tiny shoulders (not very Space Marine-ish!) and a snake-like neck. Nightmares.

If this was a ploy on the part of the Funworks Folks to get me to keep the vanilla bodies, then it's working incredibly well.

UPDATE/EDIT/WHATEVER:

Uninstalled. Made sure I got rid of any remnants, including uninstalling GFWL *and* deleting the entries in the My Documents And Settings\et cetera\. Reinstalled. Okay. Tried to apply the 1.7 patch. Failure: something to do with GFWL. Oooookay. I had thought the damned game installed it already, but knowing that there are a bunch of retards involved, I figured that I should get the latest version of GFWL. Installed THAT. Applied patch. Installed mods.

Yay. Tried loading that save from Zeta. It worked. Yay.

...sorta. I hate HDR. :P

Y'know, with most games you can install them and play them immediately (well, perhaps after *some* patching), but Bethesda's games require a lot of time. First, you have to patch them. Then you have to install all of the mods *necessary* to make them look good (because all of Bethesda's model/texture artists were recruited from the Blandsville Mediocre Arts Institute And Refrigerator Repair, apparently). Then...and it goes on. I find that I'm modifying and kicking things into place more than I play them. Until finally, one day, I can proclaim "I have the perfect Oblivion install!" And then I shoot myself in the head, because it's all downhill from there.  ::)

Forum Restriction Notice
Some of the content of this post is not visible for  Guests.
You must be logged in to view the full content.

« Last Edit: September 22, 2009, 02:44:45 PM by Silver Sorrow »

Offline The Rogue Wolf

• Forums Keeper
« Reply #50 on: September 22, 2009, 05:17:20 PM »
Sweet Jiminy Cricket. Let's just lower the shoulders a bit more, elongate that neck just a tad, and then we've got these!

Seriously, who does the modeling at Bethesda?! And why won't someone spring for a newer version of Poser?! And why can't someone actually fix some of these problems?! And why am I ending all of these sentences with a question mark and then an exclamation point?!

Also, HDR indeed sucks.
"Choice one: we flank them using what military men called tactics, and what religious men call divine inspiration. Or, we charge at them head on screaming various obscenities, in what military men call bravery and religious men also call divine inspiration."

Offline Silver Sorrow

• Forums Keeper
« Reply #51 on: September 23, 2009, 10:53:21 PM »
Bethesda *really* needs to take a gander at some real women. Or at least download a few Sofia Vergara pics. ::)  They could then say, "We're not saying that all women look like this. We're saying that they *should*."  To which the women put up THEIR idealized male which they say all men should look like, and the gender gap grows wider and deeper.

Still...

...the games sure would look better. But trust the Funworks to screw up perfection: she'd just end up looking like an emaciated 15 year old boy after they got through with her. :'(

As for HDR...yick. I try to play without it whenever possible. Bloom does just as well...and, in Oblivion, you can't use AA and HDR together anyway without resorting to vid card tricks, which I am NOT messing with. I guess they thought that HDR's smeary Vaseline effect would cover up the horrendous jaggies.

So. Here's hoping that they scrap the Gamebryo engine, license Source for TESV (please no MMO please no MMO please no MMO), and hire some people who can make cool armor and body models. Customizable faces in the Source engine would be astounding. And how about meshes that morph: customizable body shapes and hair? Moving clothes? Wow. Goosebumps.

Crashing back to earth now. Never happen. :P

Offline Silver Sorrow

• Forums Keeper
« Reply #52 on: October 28, 2009, 03:03:12 AM »
Back up a bit: if anything, Bethesda would use an id-tech engine, rather than Source. Sorry, my mistake. Still a better choice than the Gamebryo thing, though.

Since I finished Mirror's Edge, I've gone back to a couple of the old comfortables, if only for a couple of days. I've played the living CRAP out of Oblivion (playing OOO: I had full Glass armor by level 10...after that, I have no choice but to wear custom armor!), but I haven't quite paid much attention to F3, since it's a depressing little dead-end of a game, at least story-wise. I figured I've give myself an ulcer by trying to make a new face that I *like*.

First of all, I had to create it in the GECK and make it a preset. The in-game sliders are boring and change very liittle...no one in this game has a chin, either. So I gave her one in the GECK, messed with the mouth shape a bit...the end result probably looks like most of the faces I've done so far, but the new hairstyles I've been adding in might help:

Btw, the gigantic shoulder plate (the "sorta-pauldron") of this armor bugs the hell out of me. In first person when I have a weapon out, I mean. I don't think it should show up in first person. I've tried a couple of texture tricks, but none of them work, thanks to the wonky version of the .nif being used. It's easy enough with OB's nifs, but here? Confounding.

So I'm using the standard black leather armor.

It's basically the same armo, though without the plate and the shells and the inaccessible decorative weapons. I miss the shells, but I don't miss the HUD-crowding.

I've made some texture improvements and stuff here and there, including 28 new hairs I picked up from various authors. This could very well mean a small upgrade...but for now, I give you this helpful custom eye tweak: if you don't want my custom eyes to be really shiny, go to the Textures\zzSSF3\Characters\Eyes\ folder and remove or rename all of the files with "_n" in the filename. This should remove the shine...I don't believe they were necessary in the first place. Oh, well. If this messes up your game, then put 'em back. God knows the stupid thing crashes enough as it is...

And now, maybe I'll step away from F3 and pick up where I left off in VTMB...

EDIT: btw, Sofia.

...what?? How can I continue being a parody of myself if I DON'T do the predictable, huh?
« Last Edit: October 28, 2009, 03:09:53 AM by Silver Sorrow »

Offline Silver Sorrow

• Forums Keeper
« Reply #53 on: October 29, 2009, 09:41:05 PM »
As far as I'm concerned, Fallout 3 is dead to me. No more mod upgrades, nada, zip. I spent the last couple of days fighting this damned buggy clump of shovelware, and really, what's the reward? Sepia-toned brain-dead gameplay with a plot you could summarize on a matchbook cover. It struck me, as I was rebooting from yet another hardlock, that all I'm doing here is creating good-looking characters and accessorizing them. That's it. I mean, I'm doing the same thing with Oblivion, but at least OB works...well...now it does.

It's really a shame, as I'd finally created a face I like this time. Oh, well. Maybe I can somehow translate that face into OB...

For those who'd like to really mess up their games, I suggest the mods Fellout and Pipboy Readius (yeah, looks cool...is cool...but I was locking up in the *load menu*...be careful!). I was getting hardlocks whenever I entered certain cells without NPCs (it's a codec problem I've read, but I'll be keelhauled if I'm going to filter through all of my codecs just because the devs can't be bothered to create a game that doesn't work without nine million conditions being met *exactly*), and those two mods made the experience that much reboot-ier.

Oh, and...

« Last Edit: October 29, 2009, 09:46:54 PM by Silver Sorrow »

Offline Silver Sorrow

• Forums Keeper
« Reply #54 on: April 21, 2010, 09:06:35 AM »
Astounding.

Backsteppo has fixed the shoulders of the Type3/TypeV body. Evidence:

Personal anecdote:

Now, if only someone would port the EBE body, I might even find this game worth the effort of installing...and patching...

And:

Forum Restriction Notice

Offline Silver Sorrow

• Forums Keeper
« Reply #55 on: September 05, 2011, 02:30:20 AM »
Me and my rifle high on a hill
Shootin' anything that don't stand still.
Whoopie-tie-yi-yippie-yippie-yee...

...wow. Brains and eyeballs all over the place.

Okay, what the hell are you doing, you ask? Answer: I'm trying to tie up the loose ends in my FO3 review, specifically the individual DLC reviews. And how am I doing that, you ask further? You sure do ask a lot of questions, imaginary inquisitor. By playing through the DLC, that's how. I got through Anchorage and had nothing pertinent to add, and right now I'm running through the Pitt. Then I'll finish up the MQ and get to Broken Steel. Then Point Lookout. Then Zeta. Then I'll have plenty of notes and screenshots and I can get back to DXHR without quite as much guilt. Pushing me down.

Today, my mother said I was boring. Thanks, mom. For her birthday, I think I'll give her a designer purse stuffed with giant Madagascar hissing cockroaches. Who's boring NOW, mom?

Finally:

I don't think this was an appropriate Pip-boy to give to a ten year old girl. :-[

Forum Restriction Notice