Author Topic: Unreal Tournament: Blockbuster  (Read 4532 times)

Offline Fanghawk

• Marshall's Machinima
Unreal Tournament: Blockbuster
« on: December 14, 2008, 03:16:34 PM »
Unreal Tournament was one of the most successful video games of the late nineties. But what if it never was a video game? What if it had been a summer blockbuster instead? Featuring the voice of Phillip Marlowe (aka Planetphillip).

YouTube
Machinima.com
Get the link for the higher quality version from  

Voice Actors:
Liane Fisher
Marshall Lemon
Phillip Marlowe
Alex Rogers
Adam Smith
Meghan Tucker

Music:
Madness 5a - Sean Hodges
Organic (Synthetic Remix) - Zynthetic
Unreal Tournament Theme - Alexander Brandon

Filmed Using:
FRAPS
Real-Time Movie Studio for Unreal Tournament
Unreal Tournament: Game of the Year Edition

Special Thanks to:
Big Fat Audio
Blambot
Everyone at the Foxhole Forums

Forum Restriction Notice
Some of the content of this post is not visible for  Guests.
You must be logged in to view the full content.

« Last Edit: May 21, 2009, 10:16:52 PM by Little Bugger »

Offline Fanghawk

• Marshall's Machinima
Re: Unreal Tournament: Blockbuster
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2008, 03:18:23 PM »
FINALLY.

After over a year, my second video is finished and online. A ton of work went into this one, so any constructive criticism on the results would be greatly appreciated. And as a very special treat for Forum members, a link to a higher quality XVID version of the movie is being uploaded as we speak for the Members Only Downloads, and will be linked when finished.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2008, 05:21:07 PM by Little Bugger »

Offline bobdog

• Totally Awesome Member - Won A Cookie!
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2009, 06:58:25 AM »
Not bad, but it lacks that great voiceover "In a world...."  :turnhappy:  Nice editing, and most of the voicework sounds crisp. It was hard to get at the overall storyline, but I think there were some bad guys and some good guys and the good guys were trying to stop the bad guys from being bad -- is that pretty close?!  :smoking:

Also, I didn't recognize some of those maps, like with the girders -- were all of those original levels, or some add-ons? Great job though!  :onethumb:

Offline Fanghawk

• Marshall's Machinima
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2009, 01:35:28 PM »
Quote from: bobdog
It was hard to get at the overall storyline, but I think there were some bad guys and some good guys and the good guys were trying to stop the bad guys from being bad -- is that pretty close?!
Woah, do you want to spoil the movie for people? ;)

I didn't recognize some of those maps, like with the girders -- were all of those original levels, or some add-ons?
All the content was used from UT's Game of the Year Edition, which bundled in 3 of the Epic Bonus Packs. The maps with girders and the Nali model were a couple of things that I included from the added material, although sadly I couldn't justify adding the Nali Warcow.

Not bad, but it lacks that great voiceover "In a world...."  :turnhappy:
I agree, that would've been cool. How are you at a deep booming voice? :lol:

Offline bobdog

« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2009, 03:53:02 PM »
I agree, that would've been cool. How are you at a deep booming voice? :lol:

I'd rather hear PlanetPhillip do a version in his British accent -- that would be really fresh!  :ok:

"In a world filled with lots of bad guys, there are some good guys who want to stop them from being bad ... Unreal Tournament, yo cracka!"

:turnhappy:

Offline Fanghawk

• Marshall's Machinima
« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2009, 10:15:41 PM »
For anyone interested, I have added UT: Blockbuster to Machinima.com. I doubt it'll get much coverage there, since within three hours after processing it was about four pages into the New Release section. Eh, what can you do.

http://www.machinima.com:80/film/view&id=36691

Offline planetphillip

• PlanetPhillip
« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2009, 09:34:44 AM »
Well, I watched all the way through via Machinima.  I couldn't vote or leave a comment becasue I'm not registered.

Offline Fanghawk

• Marshall's Machinima
« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2009, 08:40:22 AM »
And here I thought I was worried about coverage... ;D

Machinima.com, as per the service agreement I "made" with them, have been given license to redistribute the video. I thought this meant just for airing purposes on their website, but apparently this also includes adding the video to their massive YouTube playlist. Since it was uploaded 6 days ago, it has been viewed over 17,000 times :amazed:, and received 268 comments (covering 27 pages). There's a good amount of both positive and negative feedback, as well as several confused people. Outside of the comments from which I am able to learn something to adapt in future videos, I have discovered the following things:

1) There are a new generation of gamers who believe that the original Unreal Tournament must be UT2003.
2) We have evolved as a species from chain letters/emails to chain YouTube comments.
3) If we don't know what went into a movie, the credits at the end are not necessarily the first place we look.
4) There is a slim chance that I am responsible for this.
5) The person who comments first shall be worshiped as though they were a god.

It makes for an interesting read over though, and I am surprised and pleased to get that much feedback, positive, negative, or otherwise, within such a short time.

One in particular stood out above all the rest:

Quote from: manther30
This video made me want to become a internet ninja so i could reach through the internet and strangle the mother****er who made it.On the other hand,if I even hear about Unreal Tournament from anybody,I will ****ing kill them.

Huh. :-\

Offline OrlopRat

• Hangar 16 Leftover
    • OrlopRat at Deviant Art
« Reply #8 on: June 03, 2009, 12:41:34 PM »
 I liked this one:

that video was fake..

So many levels of complex implications there, and in only four words, no less.  :hammerhead:
Tiens, voilĂ  du boudin...

everything