Author Topic: Left 4 Dead 2: It's Starting To Look Interesting  (Read 2081 times)

Offline The Rogue Wolf

• Forums Keeper
Left 4 Dead 2: It's Starting To Look Interesting
« on: July 23, 2009, 09:18:23 PM »
I mean, it's nice enough that Valve is making sure that L4D custom content can be ported easily, and that they're looking into interplayability.

However, just looking at this is enough to both creep me the HELL out and make me decide that maybe it'll be worth getting after all.

I mean, jeez, you'll be seeing that in the daylight. :realconfused:
"Choice one: we flank them using what military men called tactics, and what religious men call divine inspiration. Or, we charge at them head on screaming various obscenities, in what military men call bravery and religious men also call divine inspiration."

Offline Joshua-kun

Re: Left 4 Dead 2: It's Starting To Look Interesting
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2009, 12:44:09 PM »
Yeah, I saw that on PHL today...I'll be seeing it in my nightmares, too  :o
Jya-shu-a-kuun

Offline Doc_Brown

• Forums Keeper
  • Weaver of Tales
Re: Left 4 Dead 2: It's Starting To Look Interesting
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2009, 12:47:26 PM »
It seems that the Spitter and the Charger have been designed specifically to scatter players or force them to stay on the move.  No more camping out in one defensive spot.  At the :20 mark in this video you can see the Spitter's area of effect acid bringing down two of the Survivors and forcing a third (the person playing) to abandon the position.  He's subsequently slaughtered by a Charger.  What I don't get is why a Common Infected (:27) is able to punt the player like a Tank would.

More than the new Special Infected, though, I have to say I'm intrigued by the Uncommon Common.  It now appears that there will be one specific to each of the campaigns, so you'll have to deal with fireproof Hazmat suit Infected in the Parish campaign (one gets up close and personal at 2:15), Mud Men in the Swamp Fever campaign (first glimpsed chasing Coach on all fours at :46), and one can assume a few more Uncommon Common for the other campaigns.

And then, of course, let us not forget changes to the Boss Infected, like the Wandering Witch that shows up at 1:50.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2009, 02:59:26 PM by Doc_Brown »
Roads?  Where we're going we don't need roads.