Author Topic: Hotel 626, free browser game- can you finish it?  (Read 3696 times)

Offline The Rogue Wolf

• Forums Keeper
Hotel 626, free browser game- can you finish it?
« on: August 04, 2009, 06:43:23 PM »
I can't.

http://www.hotel626.com/

I mean, seriously. I've beaten Silent Hill. I've beaten Undying. I've beaten FEAR. I've beaten Dead Space. All while playing in the dark, by myself. I've played more scary levels and Mods than I can possibly list just from memory. And yet this... this, I can't even get myself to START THE SECOND MINIGAME.

If you want to give it a try, feel free. It'll only let you play from 6PM to 6AM (you can reset your system clock if you want to fool it), it'll ask for an Email address (I used Hotmail and got exactly one Email from them, inviting me to come back again), and it asks if you want to give them your phone number (for a creepy automated call) and use your microphone and/or webcam (don't have to use either).

It's a viral advertising site for Doritos. WHY IS IT SO CREEPY?! :curiouslaugh:
"Choice one: we flank them using what military men called tactics, and what religious men call divine inspiration. Or, we charge at them head on screaming various obscenities, in what military men call bravery and religious men also call divine inspiration."

Offline Joshua-kun

Re: Hotel 626, free browser game- can you finish it?
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2009, 10:00:19 PM »
Wow. I need to go change my underwear now.

It reminds me a lot of those "shock sites" that people send you where they tell you to search a picture carefully to find a ghost hidden in the background, and then it shows a severed terrible picture and completely blasts our your ear drums.  Only this feels more terrifying.  Executed with a lot more flair.

Pretty convincing use of turning your head while moving, too...I mean, for FMV, that is.
Jya-shu-a-kuun

everything