Author Topic: So...WTF have I been up to lately?  (Read 3019 times)

Offline OrlopRat

• Totally Awesome Member - Won A Cookie!
  • Hangar 16 Leftover
    • OrlopRat at Deviant Art
So...WTF have I been up to lately?
« on: October 22, 2009, 02:03:16 PM »
  I've been playing a lot of UT2K4. I don't know, it's just that all that mindless fragging makes me feel all warm and fuzzy. It's like a nice comfort game when I need a break from all the traumatic mind scarring horror produced by Bethesda. Like Quake, only with flak cannons.

I actually lost my copy of UT2K4 a while back, the original old pain in the ass six CD box. Looked everywhere, gave up after a week. So I surrendered to my clutter and ordered a new copy from Amazon for ten bucks, with free postage, which was a nice deal, considering I'd paid full price for the first one since I bought it when it first came out.
   And it was the one disc DVD, the all bonus packed and patched out edition. Very nice. Of course, about an hour after the mailman drops the thing at my door, guess what I found, wedged between two old semi dead computers on the floor?

Yep. But it worked out. Installing from those CD's was annoying.

I'm Binky!

I'm a Flak Monkey!

I love the flak cannon. It's the weapon of choice.

mmm...toasty...

I really do hate Kragoth, by the way. Necris filth.

This game never gets old.  :ok:
Tiens, voilĂ  du boudin...

Offline Starfox

• Master Keeper
  • Did anybody see my lenses?
    • The Foxhole
Re: So...WTF have I been up to lately?
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2009, 05:48:46 PM »
Yeah, I don't know why but they kinda killed the franchise for me with UT3. UT2k4 was the last "good" UT game released. UT3 was lacking something. I'm not sure what but it was definitely not in there...

Ah, and the good old joke of the missing things... It's always when you don't need them anymore that they show up  :computerfix:

Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination encircles the world. -- A. Einstein

Offline GreyMouser

• Forums Keeper
  • It's all so UNREAL to me.
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2009, 07:37:36 PM »
 I've been playing a lot of UT2K4. I don't know, it's just that all that mindless fragging makes me feel all warm and fuzzy. It's like a nice comfort game when I need a break from all the traumatic mind scarring horror produced by Bethesda. Like Quake, only with flak cannons.

I actually lost my copy of UT2K4 a while back, the original old pain in the ass six CD box. Looked everywhere, gave up after a week. So I surrendered to my clutter and ordered a new copy from Amazon for ten bucks, with free postage, which was a nice deal, considering I'd paid full price for the first one since I bought it when it first came out.
   And it was the one disc DVD, the all bonus packed and patched out edition. Very nice. Of course, about an hour after the mailman drops the thing at my door, guess what I found, wedged between two old semi dead computers on the floor?

Yep. But it worked out. Installing from those CD's was annoying.
 I love the flak cannon. It's the weapon of choice.
This game never gets old.  :ok:
I wish I had known, "Ole Buddy"....... :P............I got a DVD copy of UT2004 Special Edition, I would have gave you for free..."Oh' well."...... ::)

Yeah, I don't know why but they kinda killed the franchise for me with UT3. UT2k4 was the last "good" UT game released. UT3 was lacking something. I'm not sure what but it was definitely not in there...

Ah, and the good old joke of the missing things... It's always when you don't need them anymore that they show up  :computerfix:
Boy, you got that right, Starfox!!!.........:redhot:
After being a fan of Unreal Tournament for a long long time, UT3 was a very big disappointment to me, indeed!!.:computermad:
One of the major things that kept UT2004 from getting boring for me was that you could user-made "skins and model", voice files to create your own customize team.
One of my opposing team member had the voice of "Shodan"......."Look at you, hacker: a pathetic creature of meat and bone, panting and sweating as you run through my corridors. How can you challenge a perfect, immortal machine?"..:purplelaugh:
And let's not forget about being able to import music files to UT2004's customizable playlist...Being able to listen to your favorite musical tracks while fragging away, can't be beat....I use to love playing a large CTF map with Clint Mansell's "Lux Aeterna",(the full orchestra version), playing in the background...:heavym:
In UT3, you can't create your on team. You can only pick teammates from the charactors designate to the team you choose to be on....:mad1:  
Lacking those and other options which UT2004 gave the singleplayer for more personal customization, UT3 got boring quite fast for me......:sleepy2:
So boring, in fact, that I finally unistalled the game to free up space on my hard drive for future games.....9 gigs, that's a free amount of space to just let go waste.....;)
Sooooo.......I won't be posting on about UT3, which is really neither here or there, being the fact that there's little of anything being developed for the singleplayer. :P

"Alas, poor Unreal Tournament! I knew it well, Horatio, a game of infinite jest, of most excellent fancy."....:'(

............................. ...........:smoking:
« Last Edit: November 11, 2009, 06:10:01 PM by GreyMouser »
The Beauty is in the "Play".

Offline bobdog

« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2009, 07:52:25 PM »
Binky's cute!!  :onethumb:

everything