Author Topic: Psychonauts, And Tim Schafer's Head On A Pike  (Read 2829 times)

Offline Silver Sorrow

• Forums Keeper
  • Totally Awesome Member - Won A Cookie!
Psychonauts, And Tim Schafer's Head On A Pike
« on: January 07, 2006, 12:35:02 PM »
Well...playing Psychonauts. I had to take a break from Morrowind, since I've had all I can take of it...with, you know, that mod thing I did. So I've been slogging through this game, which isn't bad...quite good, actually. However, I've hit a brick wall called "The Meat Circus". Damn platformer crap! Runjumpjumprunjumpswingswings wingswingpunchpunchpunchjumps wingpunchslide...and god help you if you don't time your jumps exactly right, or the goddamn stupid kid you're trying to protect will get his ass killed and you gotta start the friggin' level all over again. This is where I stopped, and I don't know if I'll ever finish it. It's a shame, because it was a good game up until then.
It is the scent of garlic that lingers on my chocolate fingers

Offline larissa mem

Re: Psychonauts, And Tim Schafer's Head On A Pike
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2006, 02:51:44 PM »
Indeed.  (You'll regret telling me about this place.)  The last level(ss?) of Psychonauts are supposed to be just stupendously irritating.  Have fun!!!!!!!e   :funup:

Offline Silver Sorrow

• Forums Keeper
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2006, 06:02:23 PM »
I know why I recommended them to you: because I don't get enough people laughing AT me!  ;D

I'll leave this game on the back burner for the moment. I probably need to catch up on my Thief FMs anyway... :lol:

Offline Silver Sorrow

• Forums Keeper
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2006, 11:56:49 PM »
I finally finished this son of a rattin' frattin'... The Meat Circus took me two hours to finally beat, but--

I'm sorry, but that just sounds bad. "I beat the meat circus." I mean, REALLY. "I don't need the ladies, because I have the Meat Circus! Can you hear the calliope in my pants, baby?" And if it take you two hours? Well! You have a problem and should really see a doctor...or get broadband so you can download better...uh..."educational materials"...

:hammerhead:

Okay, back to the subject: beating the meat circ-- I mean, finishing the game. Two hours of frustration, followed by...

I'm sorry, I can't let go of the metaphor. And THAT wasn't a metaphor, either! See what this game has done to ME!??! Oh, I'll get you for this, Diaz...  :purplelaugh:

Offline GreyMouser

• Forums Keeper
  • It's all so UNREAL to me.
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2006, 08:01:35 PM »
Well...playing Psychonauts. I had to take a break from Morrowind, since I've had all I can take of it...with, you know, that mod thing I did. So I've been slogging through this game, which isn't bad...quite good, actually. However, I've hit a brick wall called "The Meat Circus". Damn platformer crap! Runjumpjumprunjumpswingswings wingswingpunchpunchpunchjumps wingpunchslide...and god help you if you don't time your jumps exactly right, or the goddamn stupid kid you're trying to protect will get his ass killed and you gotta start the friggin' level all over again. This is where I stopped, and I don't know if I'll ever finish it. It's a shame, because it was a good game up until then.
Oh yes! I remember it well.
Slowly I turn. Step by step. Inch by inch.....THEN![/b], I gave up! :P
And then I pass the game on to, Silver. I hope you are better man than me, Gunga Din, and finish the game. I know you can do it, Silver. ;)

.............................:smoking:
The Beauty is in the "Play".

Offline Silver Sorrow

• Forums Keeper
« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2006, 11:10:27 PM »
I finished it, finally.  :explodebouncy:  Two hours of repetition. Man. And you know? I just started a new game. I don't know about me sometimes.  :hammerhead:

But I know what I'm doing now (I think), and I'm seeing how far I can rank up before the big stuff starts happening. Not looking forward to that Lungfish fight again, though...

Hey, did I say thanks for the game? I think I did. Did I say thanks for the frayed nerves? No...but that's a given. ;D  That strategy guide was a lifesaver!

Offline GreyMouser

• Forums Keeper
  • It's all so UNREAL to me.
« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2006, 11:28:32 PM »
I finished it, finally.  :explodebouncy:  Two hours of repetition. Man. And you know? I just started a new game. I don't know about me sometimes.  :hammerhead:

Hey, did I say thanks for the game? I think I did. Did I say thanks for the frayed nerves? No...but that's a given. ;D  That strategy guide was a lifesaver!
Yes you did and I knew the strategy would come in handy. Besides what use is the strategy guide to me since I gave you the game.
You know, Silver, you enjoying the game makes me fill a whole lot better...Why?.....Since I gave up on the game, I felt I just threw my money away. By you enjoying, it's now money worth spent.

As for play the game a second time.....Silver you were truly a gaming masochist! ;)

.............................:smoking:.
The Beauty is in the "Play".