Author Topic: Here I Go Again.....  (Read 1913 times)

Offline Stubby

• Forums Keeper
Here I Go Again.....
« on: March 09, 2010, 11:49:52 AM »
Okay, a bit of a problem here! I just re-installed UT99 to play that new mappack. However, I've run into a bit of a snag! The game installed perfectly, but I cannot configure my joystick. I had no problems when it was installed before, but now????? I did enable it, but I can't program the buttons. It's been a long time since UT99 was installed and I've got to be missing something, but I don't know what it is. I patched the game to 436, what more does this damn game want?? :redhot: Oh, woe is me!! Can anybody offer any suggestions?? Please??? I guess maybe Greymouser and Orolop were right, memory IS the first thing to go!!! THANKS!!!

Offline Stubby

• Forums Keeper
Re: Here I Go Again.....
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2010, 12:35:23 PM »
I am such a dum-dum!! That was a statement, and NOT open for comment!!! I figured it out. I was running my joystick thru a USB port and, obviously, UT99 could not see it for some reason. So, I put the 'stick' into the game port on my soundcard and NOW the game can 'see' it. Me is woe no mo'!!! UT99 is the ONLY game I have that cannot recognize a controller when it's connected to a USB port. I have no trouble with Half-Life, or any other game. Oh well, 'live and learn,' huh?

everything