Author Topic: A Night in Rocksburg  (Read 5162 times)

Offline John D.

• Professional Troll Killer
A Night in Rocksburg
« on: January 04, 2006, 12:35:27 PM »
Play it!  DrK made 2 awesome missions! ;D  I think the City he made is Purah level stuff! :turnhappy:
KILL EM ALL!!

Offline Starfox

• Master Keeper
  • Totally Awesome Member - Won A Cookie!
  • Did anybody see my lenses?
    • The Foxhole
Re: A Night in Rocksburg
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2006, 01:02:11 PM »
I really have to play this one. I've only read good things about it. As soon as I finish to set this forum right, maybe?  ;D

BTW the download links are available in this TTLG post.

Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination encircles the world. -- A. Einstein

Offline Silver Sorrow

• Forums Keeper
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2006, 11:46:07 AM »
Downloading as I type...some Thief will do me good. Between Psychonauts and Morrowind, I think something more subtle is in order.

Speaking of order, whenever epithumia comes back from...vacation?...and puts some links up, I'll start up a new New Missions thread.
It is the scent of garlic that lingers on my chocolate fingers

Offline Starfox

• Master Keeper
    • The Foxhole
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2006, 03:12:55 PM »
OK, like Silver mentioned it in another post, A Night in Rocksbourg may be confounding. It's what I like too. Great design and indeed Purah's style. That don't go without problems though since I ran once into a "scene too complex" error.

Good luck to those who will want to ghost this mission :turnhappy: Guards are on cafeine and in one case you simply can't avoid to waste one (had to use a gaz mine for him -- the only other way was to go mano a mano). Clearly, ANIR is not ghost friendly. Although I don't even know why I mention that since I don't like ghosting.

Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination encircles the world. -- A. Einstein

Offline Nancy

Re:Need help in Rocksburg!!!!
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2006, 02:01:47 PM »
  Confounding  is  a  good  word  ---  also  frustrating  and  embarrassing. :-[
  I've  been  walking  the  streets  of  Rocksburg  for  3  hours !!! ---  and  I  can't  find  ANYTHING  that  looks  like  a  "  burnt  manor " !!!

I  have  a  library  key ...  but  no  library.  I  know  where  the  cellar  is ... but  I  have  no  key !!!!!! :(
  I  have  read  TTLG  ---  DrK  even  gives  a  list  of  all  the  keys  ---  but  I  still  cannot  find  the  "  burnt  manor " !!!! >:(

Could  you  point  me  in  the  right  direction  ( N ?  or  S ? )  to  find  THAT  manor ???   I  know  directions  are   difficult  because  the  town  is  so  complicated.
   I  would  like  to  finish this  one  ( I've  thrown  in  the  towel  twice ,  and  then  returned !!! ).
   I  think  I'll  skip  Part  2 though,  if  it  is  anything  like  Part  1 !!!! ::)

As  always..........any  help  greatly  appreciated.................. ..:smile2:......oops.. :biglaugh:

Offline Starfox

• Master Keeper
    • The Foxhole
« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2006, 03:02:19 PM »
I didn't finish the mission yet but for me the burned manor (or rather what's left of it) is through the locked door near the well located in the courtyard where you find one of the key under a bush (hope I'm clear  :lol: ). The door is locked and you need a key conveniently labeled "Namez's Manor Key". There is one item that seems important that you have to retrieve in there (though I don't know exactly its purpose yet -- but considering that it's not loot, that's it's hidden and that its name is weird I think that it's a mission item).

Good luck  :hammerhead:

Offline Nancy

« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2006, 01:23:56 PM »
  I'm  guessing  that  the  "  burned "  part  of  the  manor   doesn't  show  on  the  outside .  That's  what  I've  been  looking  for !!!! ::)
  All  the  courtyards  that  I've  seen   don't  have  a  key, but  I  will  look  for  the " well  "  you  mentioned.

Thank  you,   Starfox.. :lol:

Offline Starfox

• Master Keeper
    • The Foxhole
« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2006, 02:36:00 PM »
  I'm  guessing  that  the  "  burned "  part  of  the  manor   doesn't  show  on  the  outside .  That's  what  I've  been  looking  for !!!! ::)
  All  the  courtyards  that  I've  seen   don't  have  a  key, but  I  will  look  for  the " well  "  you  mentioned.

Thank  you,   Starfox.. :lol:

The courtyard is the one where there is a mechanist priestess and a servant. It is on the left after you pass through the mechanist warehouse. Getting out of the mechanist warehouse you have a small metal bridge on the right and the entrance of the courtyard on the left. The priestess and the servant are not talking, they just stand right there but you have to enter no matter what.

Offline Nancy

« Reply #8 on: January 13, 2006, 01:21:50 PM »
  Found  it!!! :purplelaugh:    And  from  there  on   it  was   easy!!!....amazing  what  1   lost  key  can  do  to  you!!! :dumped:

And  when  you  get  the  " cellar "  key.........hang  on  tight!!!! .........such  fun . :coolparty:

Thanks  again,  Starfox... :) :lol:

Offline John D.

• Professional Troll Killer
« Reply #9 on: January 14, 2006, 08:21:26 AM »
Getting 'that key' was one of my scariest Thief experiences!! :o
KILL EM ALL!!

Offline bobdog

« Reply #10 on: January 14, 2006, 11:13:46 AM »
Ditto ... run run run!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :o

everything