Author Topic: RtNP to UT99?  (Read 4287 times)

Offline Stubby

• Forums Keeper
RtNP to UT99?
« on: April 18, 2010, 09:19:50 PM »
Is it possible to play "Return to Na Pali" using UT99? I've already played the original "Unreal' with UT, but was curious if the expansion pack could be played also. If so, does anyone know how to install it? Or maybe a link to a site that knows? Thanks!!!

Offline GreyMouser

• Forums Keeper
  • It's all so UNREAL to me.
Re: RtNP to UT99?
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2010, 10:20:54 PM »
Though I've never tried I think you can.... ::)
But......you'll need a patch which can be found at FilePlanet.com
Here's the link.....Unreal: Return to Na Pali v226b Patch

BTW...I'll have you know that I dragged myself from my half-dead prone position,(my barely functioning liver has been kicking my ass for the last two weeks..... :sickbay:), to answer your posting, good buddy... :ok:........Just letting you know...;)

.........................:smoking:
The Beauty is in the "Play".

Offline Stubby

• Forums Keeper
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2010, 08:14:26 AM »
Damn, GM my question wasn't THAT important!! Man, you need to take care of yourself....now THAT IS important!! Nonetheless, I do appreciate the reply and I'll download that patch and see what happens!! I had to give 'DooM' a break  so I re-installed 'UT99' and am going back over and re-playing all the SP add-ons. PLEASE, just do us ALL a favor and take care of yourself. We cannot afford to lose our "Unreality Man!" I believe I can speak for the rest of us in saying that our thoughts and prayers go out to you each and everyday. Take care, my friend!!

Offline Stubby

• Forums Keeper
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2010, 08:06:49 AM »
Okay, I got it working! However, the patch you guided me to was just a patch for the RtNP game itself. The patch I needed was called 'RtNP2UT.'  I had to transfer all the music, maps, etc to the same folders in UT, install that patch and make some changes in the UT ini. file in the Systems folder and I was good to go. Oh yeah, you have to install 'Old Skol' also. The only minor problem is you can't quick save, but you can save by going to the main menu and saving your game there.

Offline GreyMouser

• Forums Keeper
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2010, 08:42:13 PM »
Okay, I got it working! However, the patch you guided me to was just a patch for the RtNP game itself. The patch I needed was called 'RtNP2UT.'  I had to transfer all the music, maps, etc to the same folders in UT, install that patch and make some changes in the UT ini. file in the Systems folder and I was good to go. Oh yeah, you have to install 'Old Skol' also. The only minor problem is you can't quick save, but you can save by going to the main menu and saving your game there.
My bad.....:'(
BUT.....I knew you needed some kind of patch...I just give you the wrong one...:P
"Oh, well....Sometimes you win some and then there are times, you totally mislead someone in the wrong direction."....... ::)

............................. ..:smoking:
« Last Edit: April 21, 2010, 04:20:10 AM by GreyMouser »

Offline Stubby

• Forums Keeper
« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2010, 07:54:05 AM »
That's quite alright, my friend I honestly don't think you did it on purpose! Or did you? Hmmmmm, I'm beginning to see a connection here, I think? Somehow you knew that I was about 15 pounds overweight, so you sent me 'running' all over the WWW knowing that the more I run, the more weight I'll lose, right? You were really looking out for my health, weren't you? Man, what a great friend you are!! :onethumb: However, YOU FAILED MISERABLY!!! My blood pressure went up 18 points, I pulled out what little hair I have left and I used cuss words that I didn't know I knew!! Oh, you ARE one sneaky little mouse, you are!! Oh well, it's the thought that counts and I can't chastise you for that.......but I will!!! Sorry, I couldn't find a mouse so the cow will have too do!! :lol:

Offline mfw41

« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2010, 07:10:01 PM »

If you are wondering stubby I had some problems when I was using UT99 to play RTNP. I put up a thread at UnrealSP.org to ask about solving my little problems, and if you are curious here is link to that thread?:

http://www.unrealsp.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=399&start=0&sid=1b474cbc50b422ad8b8386a8e58ca6e6

Sorry for not asking you guys about these problems but that site was the first one that came to me. 

Offline GreyMouser

• Forums Keeper
« Reply #7 on: May 25, 2010, 12:34:32 AM »
Sorry for not asking you guys about these problems but that site was the first one that came to me.  

You did wise, Grasshopper.....:ok:
What's to be sorry about?.....:-*
That's where first place I go to, as I have done so many times in the past, whenever I had any problems with any Unreal mods, that I couldn't figure out...:brainshocked:
There are few people that are knowledgeable as UnrealSP.org forum members Hellscrag and UBerserker when it comes to UT mods.....:heavym:
I highly recommend UnrealSP.org forums to our forum members who need any help with anything Unreal.....:onethumb:

BTW:........After all the trouble you are going through, I hope your experience playing RtNP was worth it...::)
After playing Unreal, RtNP was a real letdown and I never plan to play it again....:computermad:
In fact,..in my humble opinion..., there are several UT mods out there that are lot more enjoyable than playing RtNP....:P
......Operation Na Pali, 7 Bullets, or Xidia Gold...just to mention a few!.....:thumbsup:

............................. ........:smoking:
« Last Edit: May 25, 2010, 01:33:40 AM by GreyMouser »

Offline mfw41

« Last Edit: December 12, 2011, 08:57:34 PM by mfw41 »

everything