Author Topic: Nightmare House 2  (Read 2499 times)

Offline mfw41

Nightmare House 2
« on: August 23, 2010, 08:18:47 PM »
If any of you remember there was a sp mod called Nightmare House that came out a few years back, as it turns out the SEQUEL has been released:

Synopsis
In Nightmare House 2 you wake up inside an abandoned hospital with no understanding of how you came to be there, only a vague memory of the girl from Nightmare House haunts you. Soon it will be difficult to determine between a dream and reality. How long will it take you to realize that escape is not an option?

DL
http://www.moddb.com/mods/nightmare-house-2/downloads
« Last Edit: December 31, 2011, 09:08:23 PM by mfw41 »

Offline The Rogue Wolf

• Forums Keeper
Re: Nightmare House 2
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2010, 06:03:36 PM »
I was leafing through the screenshots this morning with a mild amount of interest... then I saw the one with the mannequins.

Sweet Jeebus. :scaredthehellout:

I'm about to load this puppy up. Provided I don't suffer a heart attack, I'll give a report.
"Choice one: we flank them using what military men called tactics, and what religious men call divine inspiration. Or, we charge at them head on screaming various obscenities, in what military men call bravery and religious men also call divine inspiration."

Offline The Rogue Wolf

• Forums Keeper
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2010, 11:11:26 PM »
Oh hay look I'm not dead. Not for this Mod's lack of trying though.

I'd say it rips a few pages from FEAR, but to be honest it more like steals half the book. But the fact that the authors pull this off in Half-Life 2 is pretty freaking amazing. And I have to admit I was downright floored when I got to the shadows in the hallway... I mean, guh, I was NOT expecting something like that.

Just when I think things are getting repetitive something new crawls out from the woodwork. And the tension is real, not the "jump out and boo" sort that ruined Afraid of Monsters for me. I've been literally afraid to walk into a room several times just because of some sound cue or particular light (or lack of it) that let me know some Bad Things could happen. And I quite frankly can't play for any significant length of time because of the tricks this Mod pulls to get to me.
"Choice one: we flank them using what military men called tactics, and what religious men call divine inspiration. Or, we charge at them head on screaming various obscenities, in what military men call bravery and religious men also call divine inspiration."

Offline bobdog

• Totally Awesome Member - Won A Cookie!
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2010, 07:22:40 AM »
It's on my quick list to play, but despite the horror infused in the mod, it also apparently has some humor, noted by these easter eggs.