Author Topic: The Sacrifice Released  (Read 1901 times)

Offline Fanghawk

• Marshall's Machinima
The Sacrifice Released
« on: October 05, 2010, 04:01:53 PM »
It's out!

The DLC is available for both L4D1 and 2. Both are now on sale for about 6.50 and there's even a Mac version of L4D2 for good measure (Mac version for L4D1 forthcoming.)

I'm at work and won't be available until late tonight, but if anyone happens to still be around I'd be happy to try it out with them. Otherwise, I'll have to catch up with you this weekend!

Offline The Rogue Wolf

• Forums Keeper
Re: The Sacrifice Released
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2010, 07:23:22 PM »
At the rate it's downloading now, I won't even have it until Thursday (which is the likely earliest I'd get some time to play it). Aside from that, there's Sunday!
"Choice one: we flank them using what military men called tactics, and what religious men call divine inspiration. Or, we charge at them head on screaming various obscenities, in what military men call bravery and religious men also call divine inspiration."

Offline bobdog

• Totally Awesome Member - Won A Cookie!
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2010, 08:58:03 PM »
I can't even connect to Steam tonite, so I'll have to try again tomorrow.

Offline Fanghawk

• Marshall's Machinima
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2010, 06:22:30 PM »
When this weekend would we like to try it out? I may be under some constraints because this weekend is also Canadian Thanksgiving, part of a proud Canadian tradition of celebrating Thanksgiving a month earlier then our American neighbours so we have more time to recover from our turkey dinners before Christmas rolls around. To assist, we also have a Canadian Christmas set a month after American Christmas. We celebrate both just to be polite.

Anyway.

Sunday is out for me, but at the very least I can pin down some time on Friday night or Saturday night. There's a chance of more sessions, but until I have a chance to figure things out with others it's all in the air. I'll leave it to you to choose one of those days. I just can't decide. DON'T MAKE ME DECIDE. (Alright fine, I'm leaning Friday, but I'm not that picky. :lol:)

I did get a chance to try out the DLC today though. (I know I'm not the only one. Steam Achievements don't lie. ;)) My verdict.... not bad. Not bad at all. I'll say nothing more and leave it to your own judgment for now though.

By the way, doesn't the phrase "American Christmas" sound like a bad-ass action movie? I have a mental image of Jesus and Santa Claus jumping out of a helicopter just before it explodes!  :xcheesy:

EDIT

Bah, circumstances may be conspiring against me for both days. I will do my best to be online tonight as well!
« Last Edit: October 07, 2010, 12:14:34 PM by Little Bugger »