Author Topic: The best joke of today comes directly to us from... Bioware!  (Read 2579 times)

Offline Starfox

• Master Keeper
  • Totally Awesome Member - Won A Cookie!
  • Did anybody see my lenses?
    • The Foxhole
The best joke of today comes directly to us from... Bioware!
« on: February 28, 2011, 04:58:42 PM »
No really. So they announced they reached the 1 million mark for DA2 demo download (which in all honesty is hardly possible as today the counter was stuck at 860,000 and I barely imagine how it could have undergo a brutal 140,000 surge to break the bar if not for Bioware giving it a little *help* -- the challenge was going to end tomorrow). Anyway, now all the users having participated in the demo "download and play" will be accordingly rewarded with their precious books...

But that's not the real joke. The real joke is that now they opened yet another *amazing* challenge:

Now, a new challenge has appeared. The third and most powerful tome is waiting to be unlocked. To unlock the tome “Of Things Not Lost” visit the Dragon Age Facebook page and share that days post. If each post from now to March 4, 2011 is shared and reaches 1,000,000 Impressions the day it is posted the tome will unlock.

So yeah... and I expect that on the 4th they will open another challenge "Let's share it on Twitter" to unlock the "Tome of all tomes".

A number of people (not so surprisingly small enough) including me suspect Bioware to have fans leading their marketing campaign for them...

What? Paranoid? Me?  :hammerhead:

Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination encircles the world. -- A. Einstein

Offline bobdog

Re: The best joke of today comes directly to us from... Bioware!
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2011, 05:01:28 PM »
... and yet here you are talking about it!  :smoking:

Schooled ya!  :funup:

Offline Silver Sorrow

• Forums Keeper
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2011, 05:25:13 PM »
Seeing as I'd rather shotgun a cage full of puppies than have anything to do with Facebook or Twitter, I can't say I'll be helping them hit that 1,000,000 mark. Promo items are pretty much useless anyway; give us stuff that *will* be useful...mage armor that doesn't suck, weapons that are more effective than a broken dandelion (have you tried being a warrior in the demo? it sucks!), 30% off the retail price...that sort of thing. :lol:

Still, at least everyone's dropped The Teenagaer's Online Coloring Book, i.e., Myspace.  :P
It is the scent of garlic that lingers on my chocolate fingers

Offline Starfox

• Master Keeper
  • Did anybody see my lenses?
    • The Foxhole
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2011, 06:16:04 PM »
... and yet here you are talking about it!  :smoking:

Schooled ya!  :funup:

Yes but I removed from the quote the necessary link they provided to go and play their little PR game (because it only works if you click on one special link and I don't want to encourage anyone needlessly). Our users would have to go on Facebook and that's not something I wish them  :lol:

So I don't think I've been schooled... at least not totally  :purplelaugh:

(have you tried being a warrior in the demo? it sucks!)

What's new? It's Dragon Age styled. Two ways to play the game... Mage or Rogue  ;D  I never really bothered with the third option. I tried in DA:O but then quickly dropped it. It's good to have a tank in my party but NOT me. Aveline... Aveline's fine for the job. I mean she really can soak up a lot of damage before falling. Carver... Well Carver's a big pussy (for some unclear reason I can't stand the guy). Generally he's near death before the battle even begins (once again... 2H warriors, not the best career option in DA -- they deal a lot of damage but for some reason they end up being as weak as a mage regarding incoming damage and much weaker than a Rogue; Problem is, Mages can stand at range... 2H warriors must go to contact).

Although I played a 2H warrior in the first "exaggerated" battle of the demo (love the joke about Bethany's breasts by the way) and ended up having some fun. But well in this particular battle your character is high level and overpowered the darkspawn are kind of weak so it doesn't really count as being representative of the game.

Oh, and Rogue Archer? Definitely worth picking  :ok:
« Last Edit: February 28, 2011, 06:24:51 PM by Starfox »

Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination encircles the world. -- A. Einstein

everything