Author Topic: F.E.A.R. 3, anyone?  (Read 2307 times)

Offline GreyMouser

• Forums Keeper
  • It's all so UNREAL to me.
F.E.A.R. 3, anyone?
« on: June 21, 2011, 10:11:34 PM »
I would like to hear from forum members who have played the lastest F.E.A.R. game, F.E.A.R 3, to your opinions of the game.
What I really want to know..."Is the solo-campaign good enough for a single-player gamer, like me, who likes playing "solo" and who rarely plays "co-op", worthy of laying down his "hard-earned" cash( ::)) on?....:-\

.........................:smoking:
« Last Edit: June 22, 2011, 04:05:11 AM by GreyMouser »
The Beauty is in the "Play".

Offline Silver Sorrow

• Forums Keeper
  • Totally Awesome Member - Won A Cookie!
Re: F.E.A.R. 3, anyone?
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2011, 01:11:08 AM »
It's out?

Huh. It's out!

I'm not sure if I'll be able to get it any time soon (same goes for Duke; those will have to wait a little while), but I am interested to hear if it's all about the [maximum expletive verbosity deleted] co-op, or if there's a a decent SP game in there somewhere. From the standpoint of a diehard disturbed loner, co-op is about as useless as a [explicit term for female genitalia] in a puddle of [disgusting substance], covered in flies and being bothered by raccoons.

:realconfused:

Oh, look...time for my medicine. :sleepy2:
An interview with Kim Kardashian? Who wants to see that? I'd rather see an interview with the mortician's assistant who had to piece her head back together so they could have an open-casket funeral.

Offline Starfox

• Master Keeper
  • Did anybody see my lenses?
    • The Foxhole
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2011, 02:23:12 AM »
Well it's not "out" for me. There's a delay between US and Europe, once again. It's in two days for us. I don't know if I'll jump on it though. Granted it's not even developed by Monolith this time. Not that I'm willing to spit on Day 1 but the only experience they have with F.E.A.R. was to develop the XBox and PS3 versions of the first game. As my personal preference regarding games always go to the storyline rather than the pure gameplay, I'm a little skeptical about the kind of storyline they have achieved. Too skeptical to just shell €45 euros on the title without thinking twice about it.

Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination encircles the world. -- A. Einstein

Offline bobdog

« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2011, 09:04:11 AM »
Probably no demo for it....

Offline Fanghawk

• Marshall's Machinima
« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2011, 10:14:44 AM »
I'm surprised Monolith didn't make this one, after all the fuss about getting creative control of the series back after the original's expansions...

I'm going to have to save my money for a little while on this one unfortunately, since picking up Duke was the last Day One game purchase I could afford for a little while. I finished F.E.A.R 2 not that long ago though, so it would be nice to this one out soon while it's somewhat fresh in my mind if I get a sudden cash influx.

F.E.A.R 3's release (or rather, F.3.A.R's release) didn't shock me. What DID shock me was American McGee's Alice returns, zipping in out of nowhere while the rest of the gaming world was paying attention to DNF!

Offline The Rogue Wolf

• Forums Keeper
« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2011, 12:58:53 PM »
Not terribly interested. Every trailer I've seen for it has, oddly enough, LESSENED my desire for the game. It's hard to pin down why, but I got the very same feeling about FEAR 2 and ended up being glad I only spent twenty bucks on the game (not that I didn't enjoy it, but I didn't get fifty dollars' worth of enjoyment). Right now the only games on the immediate horizon that really have my interest are Rage and Serious Sam 3.

Plus I can't really go spending lots of money willy-nilly. I've got to save up so that I can replace my car (18 years old, 150k miles, starting to stall out on me in traffic). :mad1:
"Choice one: we flank them using what military men called tactics, and what religious men call divine inspiration. Or, we charge at them head on screaming various obscenities, in what military men call bravery and religious men also call divine inspiration."