Author Topic: Team Fortress 2 goes F2P  (Read 1472 times)

Offline Fanghawk

• Marshall's Machinima
Team Fortress 2 goes F2P
« on: June 23, 2011, 09:23:21 PM »
Starting today, Team Fortress 2 is now free. Forever.

Since the game has been out for a  good while now, this seems like a logical progression for Valve, who will likely definitely collect revenue through the in-game store's hats, items, and weapons. I'm guessing the random drop and achievement awards will still be in place, but no word yet on whether there will be items exclusive for purchase following the transition.

There's also a hefty  update attached with this, but I can't get into any of the features because the server is busy with everyone downloading the game. For free.

Oh, and something else....... Meet The Medic!

Offline bobdog

• Totally Awesome Member - Won A Cookie!
Re: Team Fortress 2 goes F2P
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2011, 09:40:49 PM »
... interesting!

Offline Fanghawk

• Marshall's Machinima
Re: Team Fortress 2 goes F2P
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2011, 10:36:54 PM »
Okay, got the update finished and poked around a little bit. The Main Menu has gone through yet another overhaul, and if I'm not mistaken they've added new offline maps. And with the influx of players the F2P option will generate, having an arena to practice in will be handy.

The update is officially called the Uber Blitz, and includes a whole whack of new items for multiple classes and a new Payload map called "Barn Blitz". The details are available at TF2's Uber Blitz page.

everything