Author Topic: Foxhole Review -- Dragon Age 2: Rise To Power  (Read 1561 times)

Offline Starfox

• Master Keeper
  • Totally Awesome Member - Won A Cookie!
  • Did anybody see my lenses?
    • The Foxhole
Foxhole Review -- Dragon Age 2: Rise To Power
« on: June 28, 2011, 02:55:19 AM »
Well, there it is, the official Foxhole review for Dragon Age 2. What else to say... Well, it may be the first time I was that much depressed writing a review. But well, you will be able to find why I was depressed and why the latest tilte from BIoware was granted an astounding (for Bioware that is) 5.0/10 reading it all right there.

Have fun... or maybe not. It all depends if you like Bioware or not. I like Bioware (really do) so I didn't have any fun reading my own review (or even writing it for that matter)...
« Last Edit: June 28, 2011, 02:59:54 AM by Starfox »

Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination encircles the world. -- A. Einstein

Offline Silver Sorrow

• Forums Keeper
Re: Foxhole Review -- Dragon Age 2: Rise To Power
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2011, 12:34:52 AM »
About the same rating I would've given it...but subtract four points for the lack of: an editor, a weapon-swap key, imagination, and common sense.  :lol:  However: if I were unaware that this is a full game, I would say that it made a pretty good, if astoundingly overpriced, demo for a much larger, much cooler game.

...really, is that what happened? Were they halfway done with the thing and some be-suited monkey called down from the mango tree that they needed this thing on the shelves ASAP? Either that or Bioware REALLY hates its customers. "Little bastards will take what we give them and LIKE it, by Lucifer!"
An interview with Kim Kardashian? Who wants to see that? I'd rather see an interview with the mortician's assistant who had to piece her head back together so they could have an open-casket funeral.

Offline Starfox

• Master Keeper
  • Did anybody see my lenses?
    • The Foxhole
Re: Foxhole Review -- Dragon Age 2: Rise To Power
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2011, 02:19:45 AM »
Oh, there's a bunch of issues I didn't discuss in the review, for a part because I was fed up with the game and just wanted to get the review out and be done with it. My last playthrough was much less than enjoyable. In fact I even think I fell asleep half-way through it. Never happened to me with any other Bioware game.

Now if you want my opinion and in order to restore shared responsibilities, I think that EA is as much involved in the screw-up as Bioware if not more. It seems like their way of doing things. They pressure a studio up to the rupture point then if the resulting sales are not high enough they just get rid of the said studio. It already happened and probably will happen again in the future. And if they continue this way, Bioware will end up as just another casualty.

Let's not rush things though. I have still some hope for Mass Effect 3 mainly because the developing teams for each title are not the same. But of course, EA has still a word to say so all bets are off.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2011, 02:28:29 AM by Starfox »

Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination encircles the world. -- A. Einstein

everything