Author Topic: Fallout New Vegas Screenshots Thread  (Read 5272 times)

Offline Silver Sorrow

• Forums Keeper
  • Totally Awesome Member - Won A Cookie!
Fallout New Vegas Screenshots Thread
« on: August 17, 2011, 06:24:44 AM »
...aka, Because I Don't Bitch Enough About This Stupid Game

Okay. To start with, this game came out last year...and I'm just now getting around to starting a screenshot thread. Why?

If you know me, you already know the answer to that question. If not, just be patient. All will be revealed in time.**
[** Or not. I'm like Jazz: if ya gotta ask...]

All right, then. First off, a little background that will put the next two screens into context:

Fallout 3 and New Vegas feature drab, gray-skinned characters. The textures are just...drab. New Vegas is nowhere as horrible as FO3 in terms of the landscape colors, but the skin remains the same. I miss the vibrant colors of Oblivion, especially the golden hues of my custom race. They sure looked good in black armor.  :'(

But the Fallout community lacks...well...people interested in the aesthetic side of the game. It's all about blood, dismemberment, things that go bang, and big bouncy boobies...and they're GRAY boobies. So I wandered around the two Fallout-related Nexus sites, looking for something akin to my Oblivion experience. While I found nothing of note, a Google search led me to someone who had ported the HG Eyecandy [Exnem] body to FNV.

Yes, it did take my Oblivion texture. However...ah, just take a look. I posed beside a crier just to make the contrast all the more bitter.

And my tats texture worked, too.

As you can see -- but not if you aren't a member, HA! -- the hands and the face are dingy and godawful and totally shitty compared to the healthy, vibrant glow of the rest of the body. And doesn't my volunteer look depressed? She desperately wants to go back to Nirn, where color and light are welcomed with joy. But I can't let her do that, as I am so sick of Oblivion that I want to puke.

I have only one option (three, if you count "turning off the computer" and "play some other damn game, you whiny toad"): create a male character and forget I ever dabbled in hope. I'll probably do just that. Really? It's not so bad as I make it out to be. I'm just frustrated. Wait for the next paragraph for reasons why.

Now here's how I got to this point: I wanted an alternate to my female MiB , as it didn't strike me as all that intimidating. I mean, really.: bare legs? So I tinkered with the texture a bit:

It's an improvement, but not exactly what I wanted. Then I remembered an old FO3 mod, and found what I was looking for:

Here's the kick in the head (or "bolt in the throat" or "knee in the nuts"; every time I hear that song, I hate it more): the outfit was made for the Exnem body. So the skin parts that are showing are totally screwy, as you can see.

Solution 1: <temporary> Swap out my race's Type 3 body & textures with the Exnem body & textures; swap back when I change to a Type 3 armor.

Solution 2: <questionable> Create a new race that uses the Exnem body.

Solution 3: <drastic> Hunt down meshes that use similar parts of the body and start pastin' blocks.

Solution 4: <pathetic> Beg someone to convert it to Type 3.

Solution 5: <denial> Pretend I never saw it and go back to the skirt.

Solution 6: <urgent> Turn off the computer and get some sleep.

For moment, I'm going with #6. But first:

And now:  :sleepy2:

Forum Restriction Notice
Some of the content of this post is not visible for  Guests.
You must be logged in to view the full content.

« Last Edit: August 18, 2011, 10:03:56 AM by Silver Sorrow »
An interview with Kim Kardashian? Who wants to see that? I'd rather see an interview with the mortician's assistant who had to piece her head back together so they could have an open-casket funeral.

Offline Silver Sorrow

• Forums Keeper
Re: Fallout New Vegas Screenshots Thread
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2011, 11:51:57 PM »
Sometimes I wonder.

Okay, I can do that. All I need is some chloroform, some plastic ties, and a speculum...

Can you find what's wrong with this picture?

Hint: THE DOG'S FREAKING EYES ARE FLOATING NEXT TO ITS HEAD!

Who says all I do is black and red? Now she blends in.

And now she's tired of blending in.

Current character.

And so on.
An interview with Kim Kardashian? Who wants to see that? I'd rather see an interview with the mortician's assistant who had to piece her head back together so they could have an open-casket funeral.

Offline Silver Sorrow

• Forums Keeper
Re: Fallout New Vegas Screenshots Thread
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2011, 11:35:56 AM »
Wandering up and down that lonesome road, looking for Ralphie posters. ::)

My new main menu splash:

Locked and loaded and ready to roll ou--hey! Is that a double-breasted catbird?

Shooting a Tunneler:

Shooting yet another Tunneler:

Who says you can't be scarred AND adorable at the same time?

Well. Back to it. Ulysses isn't going to kick his own ass.

everything