Author Topic: Rage!  (Read 2114 times)

Offline The Rogue Wolf

• Forums Keeper
Rage!
« on: September 30, 2011, 11:28:35 PM »
...is currently preloading on Steam.

Anyone else going to be playing this? I'm thinking of doing a Let's Play on it, actually. I'd be more enthusiastic about it if I didn't have a voice that could curdle milk.
"Choice one: we flank them using what military men called tactics, and what religious men call divine inspiration. Or, we charge at them head on screaming various obscenities, in what military men call bravery and religious men also call divine inspiration."

Offline bobdog

• Totally Awesome Member - Won A Cookie!
Re: Rage!
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2011, 10:55:09 AM »
I want this, but may have to wait until the Christmas discount...  :computerfix:

Offline Silver Sorrow

• Forums Keeper
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2011, 01:52:49 PM »
Pre-loading...when the server load lightens a bit. ::)  Games are way too expensive lately, but since I only buy a couple of major titles a year it isn't too bad. No...it's the DLC that bleeds this stone dry.

Totally Irrelevant Side Note: Devin Townsend was the voice of Rage on Ayreon's The Human Equation. Now you know. And knowing is half the battle. Don't Ask Don't Tell, Shipwreck.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2011, 01:58:22 PM by Silver Sorrow »
An interview with Kim Kardashian? Who wants to see that? I'd rather see an interview with the mortician's assistant who had to piece her head back together so they could have an open-casket funeral.

Offline GreyMouser

• Forums Keeper
  • It's all so UNREAL to me.
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2011, 07:43:15 PM »
From the trailers I've seen,...I think it's worth my (not so) hard earned money.. :ok:
In fact, I've already preordered the game from GameStop.com / Rage...:lol:
I, personally rather have a hard copy of a game than a "digital download". Not that there's anything wrong with getting a game via digital download. I guess I'm just "old fashion"; but I rather have something physical to add to my "gaming library niche" at home.... ;D

............................. .....:smoking:
The Beauty is in the "Play".

Offline Silver Sorrow

• Forums Keeper
« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2011, 01:38:13 AM »
Oh, I agree; I prefer to have a physical copy of the games I know I'm going to be playing for a very long time to come (Skyrim, for example), but for some a digital copy's fine. Although...I probably should've bought Rage and DXHR retail, especially considering what I paid for them: I'm not so indoctrinated by the digital age that I feel comfortable tossing around $60 here and there.

Right now, Steam is "Decrypting Steam Files," which makes me wonder what the hell the "pre-loading" fuss is all about if it takes forever to decrypt the files I know I KNOW it all has to with server load, etc. It's too bad I never picked up any hobbies. Otherwise, I could be doing something useful, like huffing spray paint or erasing the Bee Gees from living memory through fire and negative reinforcement.

3AM EDIT: finally good to go, and...it crashes after the intro movie. Tomorrow: see if video drivers need to be updated, perhaps look into buying a case of spray paint.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2011, 02:57:58 AM by Silver Sorrow »
An interview with Kim Kardashian? Who wants to see that? I'd rather see an interview with the mortician's assistant who had to piece her head back together so they could have an open-casket funeral.

Offline bobdog

« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2011, 06:10:28 AM »
... mmm ... Krylon yellow ....

:funup:

Offline The Rogue Wolf

• Forums Keeper
« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2011, 07:35:39 AM »
Yeah, there seem to be a few bugs to be worked out. I haven't seen crashes, but there's momentary hitches for no reason while playing, the game freezes up when I attempt to assign keys to certain functions (thankfully I can just hit Escape to back out) and- worst of all- it turns into a crackling slideshow when I attempt to record anything. Bleh.

Hopefully we'll see some fixes soon. The game is fairly linear, but a lot of fun so far.
"Choice one: we flank them using what military men called tactics, and what religious men call divine inspiration. Or, we charge at them head on screaming various obscenities, in what military men call bravery and religious men also call divine inspiration."