Author Topic: zzSSDBNRDZ...Final Version  (Read 2344 times)

Offline Silver Sorrow

• Forums Keeper
  • Totally Awesome Member - Won A Cookie!
zzSSDBNRDZ...Final Version
« on: November 15, 2011, 02:35:08 PM »
My Morrowind mod. Upgraded and repackaged, it includes several new sets of armor, and improvements here and there.

The download post.

I haven't tested it extensively, so let me know if you find any bugs or stuff.

It's roughly 18mb. Not a 900mb juggernaut by any means, but...

Some things didn't make it into the final version, such as the darker Daedric armor with new helmet, the Blackguard armor, or the katana Quiet Song. But who cares, right?

Right. So most of the new stuff is in Foryn golnith's shack. I don't really care about finding cool places to put it all, I just want to get this thing over with.

Some prominent changes included renaming all of the "Red Dragon" items to "Xi'an," which is correct. Now, it is. Admittedly, I was just winging it at the time. But now I have a more concrete background for this stuff.

Also, I've reworked the female Xi'an cuirass. The old version:

The new version:

Note that I also removed the spikes and jewel from the pauldrons so that it looks less like the Dagoth armor.

If you want the original cuirass texture, it's in the same folder. You just need to rename it.

Oh, and finally: I included a couple of new classes, a new birthsign, and a new race. Khovians, believe it or not. They have most of the stats of their Oblivion counterparts (except for the force push spells). Lots of new hair, faces, etc. I even gave the males a couple of faces.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2011, 05:52:27 PM by Silver Sorrow »
Fun Fact! The cheetah can run 75 miles per hour! Faster, if on fire!

Offline OrlopRat

• Hangar 16 Leftover
    • OrlopRat at Deviant Art
Re: zzSSDBNRDZ...Final Version
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2011, 05:20:41 PM »
 By Almalexias hairy soles, this was unexpected! Good news, even though I don't play Morrowind anymore...no, wait I do play Morrowind, but it's been quite a while...uh, does three or four hours ago qualify as "quite a while"? Possibly, somewhere, in some circumstances.

This looks very good indeed. I like the new stuff already, and I haven't even played it yet. Which is a good sign, I believe :ok:
Tiens, voilà du boudin...

Offline Silver Sorrow

• Forums Keeper
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2011, 06:12:30 PM »
I didn't expect it either, but I figured I might as well finish the thing up before I forget about it again. Plus, I need some space and I don't play Morrowind as much...that is to say, at all. It seems such a waste since it took me a couple of days to install all the overhaul crap, but I soothed that savage guilt by burning my entire MW installation to disc.

Oh, btw: the mod is an 18mb download. I know, I know: a 900mb download is one thing, but *18*?? Who am I trying to kid here?

So. I was too exhausted to note a few things initially...nothing's really changed since, but I'm not as exhausted. ::)  In addition to the new stuff, I made some changes here and there:

- The Soft (and Black Lotus and Snow) Xi'an armor is now on par with Glass. I used it regularly, and I was tired of it getting torn up and being about as protective as an off-brand paper towel. So now it's much better. If anyone takes issue with cloth armor being as strong as Glass armor, I invite the questioner to stuff a Kwama Forager up his or her butt.

- About changing the "Red Dragon" references to "Xi'an"; this is MY correct lore. The Khovians call themselves Xi'an. (You may notice that they're present in the Fallout universe as well... :ss-sparkly)

- I edited some off the books to make the whole Xi'an/Akaviri thing a little clearer: they aren't Akaviri, but they did live there a while back. Before then, they came from somewhere else. Visi now acknowledges (in her journals) that she's from Khovian stock. I also edited Su-van's dialog for the same reasons.

- The Black Netch addon (two pauldrons in a chest by the silt-strider) has been incorporated; the chest is still there.

- I didn't include my Desele's Dancers mod, which turned the dancers into Britney, Beyonce, and an Asian dancer named "Kitty." Why? For once thing, it's STUPID. I admit that. For another thing, it was pointless. And stupid. For a third thing, who the hell cares about Britney and Beyonce anymore? They're old news (kind of like zombies, though: they keep clawing their way out of the grave). But if I tried to keep up with every damned flash-in-the-pan "singer," I'd never get anything done.

So anyway, thanks to you guys.

Offline Silver Sorrow

• Forums Keeper
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2011, 12:01:15 PM »
Uh...one thing I forgot to mention: Su-van is now Khovian, so if you fight her...well. Good luck in the next life. :lol:

Oh, and I'm uninstalling MW right now, so my support for the mod is rendered nil.

Offline OrlopRat

• Hangar 16 Leftover
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2011, 05:25:38 PM »
Well, you may leave Vvardenfell knowing all is being put to good use. The new stuff is great. For one thing, it's nice to have some very decent black clothing for a change.

And now There are Khovians in my favorite game, so all is well. In MW, anyway. The world still sucks, but that can't be fixed in the CS...or can it? Probably not. I tried to fix the hole in my bathroom ceiling with it, but it didn't work. And the fucking housing management is taking their own sweet time about it. Soon, they swear. Bastards. I need to learn plastering. And people wonder why I spend so much time staring at my monitor. :hammerhead:

Oh well....

Many thanks...oh, and the VA katana is really only eye candy. OB kind of got me used to having a visible sword. :lol:

Offline Silver Sorrow

• Forums Keeper
« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2011, 08:18:03 AM »
Thanks! Honestly, the black clothing is my favorite part. And the Jade armor too. But the Better Clothes black shirt with the white edging is my personal favorite. I never did find something like that in OB, but perhaps I wasn't looking hard enough.

After dealing with the bewildering problems associated with adding custom races in both MW and OB, I wonder what Bethesda has against them. It's easy to put a sword or a piece of armor in there, but yeeeeeeesh, they don't like custom races. MW's problem was the torment of the CS ("hmmmm...the ankle bone wants a leg bone and..."), but there weren't any problems in-game. OB wanted to kill you both in-CS and in-game. Skyrim looks like it's going to be a problem, at least in CharGen...

...no spoilers: they refer to your homeland. I'm sure I can find a word that sounds like "Kho" in the voices somewhere...

A while back I mentioned something about plastering in a similar instance (in my case, it was a wall), and the other person said something about going to Home Depot and taking one of their little classes (do they still have those? Or is it Lowe's that does that??). I figured I'd rather get plastered. My solution to the problem hinged on the fact that the wall needing repair is in a different room than my computer. Denying the existence of the problem seemed to help, but in retrospect I probably should have just used duct tape.

Ah. VA's katana. I still use the scabbard too. Even though the sword I pull out of her Magic Pocket (no matter how I word that, it sounds dirty) is completely different, it's comforting in a way. :hammerhead:

Offline OrlopRat

• Hangar 16 Leftover
« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2011, 08:17:03 AM »
  I have a Magic Pocket. I probably should see a doctor about it.

I feel compelled to share this:

About three seconds later there was one less Bosmer in Tamriel.

You know, I've just noticed that this is my 999th post. Which is kind of like 666 :evil1: but upside down

This must mean something....