Author Topic: Mon Dieu! OrlopRat en français!  (Read 2288 times)

Offline OrlopRat

• Totally Awesome Member - Won A Cookie!
  • Hangar 16 Leftover
    • OrlopRat at Deviant Art
Mon Dieu! OrlopRat en français!
« on: November 19, 2011, 02:28:46 PM »
 So I checked my email, which I really don't do as often as I should, and I see a request from a fellow at a French mod translation site asking my permission to translate Vivec Cottage and my other Morrowind mods into French, for French people to play, in France, where, strangely, there apparently are a lot of French people. I learn something new every day.

I said "yes" (or "oui", as I believe the French people in France say). I say yes to just about anything people want to do with my mods, unless someone wanted to port them to Oblivion for HFOB, which would be difficult considering I never released any clothing or armor mods. Although, to be honest, I'd probably give permission for that too. I'm easy.

I hope they go through with this, I'd be interested to see how my generally odd dialog and readables translate.

Chalet Vivec, une mod de OrlopRat: Téléchargez ici.....:lol:
Tiens, voilà du boudin...

Offline Starfox

• Master Keeper
  • Did anybody see my lenses?
    • The Foxhole
Re: Mon Dieu! OrlopRat en français!
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2011, 04:15:23 AM »
One of the best known French sites for Bethesda's games even. That's international fame mate :lol:

Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination encircles the world. -- A. Einstein

Offline OrlopRat

• Hangar 16 Leftover
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2011, 11:50:00 AM »
 Yay! I have international fame! So...where's the wealth, the hot babes, and the Porsche? Not to mention the death threats.

Oh wait, I've gotten the threats, because of a little video I made and put up on Youtube. Some people have no sense of humor...

This is all why the intrawebs continue to amaze me. For most of my life I had limited options with world-interaction; phone calls, mail, and actually (shudder) going places. Now all these silly things I do are all over the place, people from all over the world, and possibly beyond, are playing my mods, looking at my so-called "artwork", reading my pointless typing. Amazing.

And I get threats from UFO true believers. That is fame indeed.  :ok:

Offline OrlopRat

• Hangar 16 Leftover
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2011, 01:04:47 PM »
 Well, Cottage de Vivec is up for download, and I think that this Wolfen fellow has done a good job, as far as I can tell.

We have Phineus Venym, qui a ouvert une boutique de souvenirs pas très loin du Quartier étranger...

And my old friend Mumpy, un bandit plutôt repoussant.

You know, ol' Mumpy always did seem to have a Gallic air about him... :lol:

Offline Starfox

• Master Keeper
  • Did anybody see my lenses?
    • The Foxhole
« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2011, 06:27:32 PM »
It's mainly correct. A little grammatical error at one point but it's certainly a typo; nobody's perfect, especially me...  :ok:

Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination encircles the world. -- A. Einstein

Offline OrlopRat

• Hangar 16 Leftover
« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2011, 10:45:12 AM »
  I can't imagine a mod out there with a lot of dialog or written stuff that doesn't have some kind of error in it. I find some in all my mods after a while...and ignore them. :lol:

Except for Silver's mods. What kind of deal with Cthulhu does he have going on, anyway? But on second thought, I don't think I want to know... :ss-ahhhh

Offline Silver Sorrow

• Forums Keeper
« Reply #6 on: November 24, 2011, 12:44:34 AM »
I was an English major, so every typo is an affront...nay, a personal attack...upon myself. And upon my Master. That is why I must remain ever-vigilant. Or He becomes very angry. Very angry, indeed.

Oh, and congratulations upon your international fame. The Master shall be watching you with great interest. :ss-cthulhu

Now, if you excuse me, I am going fishing with the Master. He tasks me with baiting his hook, and--

[FRAGMENT ENDS HERE]
Fun Fact! The cheetah can run 75 miles per hour! Faster, if on fire!

Offline OrlopRat

• Hangar 16 Leftover
« Reply #7 on: November 24, 2011, 06:16:55 AM »

Ph'nglui milw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh n'gha-ghaa naf'lthan.... no, wait, it's nef'lthagn...naf'lthagn? Oh, and perhaps it's mglw'nafh instead of milw'nafh..I'm not sure...which is it?? Hold on, I just need a second here, let me check...no, wait....wait....give me a.....oh god I think the syntax is wrong....

Oh crap............