Author Topic: The Skyrim Screenshot Thread  (Read 12076 times)

Offline Silver Sorrow

• Forums Keeper
  • Totally Awesome Member - Won A Cookie!
Re: The Skyrim Screenshot Thread
« Reply #15 on: June 24, 2013, 10:08:01 PM »
Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Well...okay, I *think* I'm sure I want to reply. Maybe. Am I? Yes. I'm sure. Positutely absolively. I guess. :hammerhead:

I know it's been almost a year since the last post in this thread blah blah blah here are a couple of screens. All right: I know, okay? There are plenty of other games I should be playing right now, but Spec Ops expects me to make a tough moral decision, and I'm too much of a sociopath to make the *ethical* decisions ("Who cares about civilians, anyway??"), so that's set aside for the moment. And Dishonored...well, I still find the game art upsetting. My Steam library is chock full of games, but I still just want to run around a large open space and kill things that deserve it (How do they deserve it? By existing. Duh.) in a freeform kinda way. I find it soothes what passes for my "soul."**

[** You know how people will recommend you spend a few moments in quiet reflection? I tried it. Didn't like it much. Because in doing so, I REALIZE things about myself that never would have occurred to me normally. For example, I don't have calm thoughts. Some people can find the calm, quiet center of their beings and meditate on the beauty of the universe and all that other stupid horseshit. Me? I find myself planning violent, bloody revenge on imaginary people who have done me irreparable -- yet also imaginary -- harm. I am the avenger of fictional malevolence aimed solely at my own person. And as I sit there on a quiet morning, a soft breeze blowing the allergens right up into my sinuses where they can do the most damage, the distant sound of 18-wheelers on the Interstate, the jarring cacophony of wretched day-laborers fixing a neighbor's siding, I cannot help but hate everyone and everything around me. I actually come away from these attempted Zen moments quite a bit worse than I was before. And I also realized that I'm not a big fan of birds. Winged vermin. In short, I find that the life which is unexamined is worth living. Socrates can suck it.]

I'm playing an Orc.

I actually told my mother that. "I'm playing an Orc."

"Well...good for you," she said with some hesitation.

"I had Jell-O today," I continued.

"Go lay down," she ordered.

"Oh-tay!" I said, wandering off.

And then I saw an Orc shaman in the stronghold.

And that's why everyone's trying to get into the strongholds these days.

By the way, has anyone ever tried reading Bram Stoker's Dracula? It's so BOOOOOOOOOOORRRRRRRING. GOD, is it boring. It's not as boring as Frankenstein, but it's still...look, I was an English Lit major. Yes, I was expected to read most of whatever Hemingway managed to squeeze out of his skinny white ass, and some of those other literary "classics" which should have resulted in the immediate execution of their authors (Moby Dick, for example; I insist that it sould be retitled to Big Hot Steamy Whales Make Me Jizz My Pants And That's Why I Named This Boring Piece Of Shit "Moby Dick"). And that, kids, is one of the many reasons (more available upon request) I dropped English Lit as a major. Because I hate it. And poetry, too. I really hate poetry. But I like Robert Frost. Hmmm. It's like country music: I hate country music just a little less than I hate Nazis and terrorists...but I like Johnny Cash.

I think I'll just lie down over here for a moment. Also, I think I need a hug. :ss-sad1
An interview with Kim Kardashian? Who wants to see that? I'd rather see an interview with the mortician's assistant who had to piece her head back together so they could have an open-casket funeral.

Offline bobdog

« Reply #16 on: June 24, 2013, 10:18:47 PM »
Fog
walks in
on little cat feet

Offline Silver Sorrow

• Forums Keeper
« Reply #17 on: June 30, 2013, 06:23:13 PM »
A well-equipped arsenal makes for respectful neighbors.

...it was something like that.

Another week, another root canal. "Smile!" people say. I want to kill them.

Anyway.

The beginning of a tragic joke: a level 6 Breton mage squishy walks into an unfriendly encounter between Ma'ik the Liar and two Giants, accompanied by their mammoth friend. The Breton says, "hey that's not right...the big bullies!" She forgets that, one, Flames doesn't really work on anything more powerful than skeevers, and two, Ma'ik is marked Essential.

She is not.

Satellite's gone up to the skies
Things like that drive me out of my mind
I watched it for a little while
I love to watch things on TV

...bum bum bum Satellite of Love...
An interview with Kim Kardashian? Who wants to see that? I'd rather see an interview with the mortician's assistant who had to piece her head back together so they could have an open-casket funeral.

Offline Starfox

• Master Keeper
  • Did anybody see my lenses?
    • The Foxhole
« Reply #18 on: July 01, 2013, 10:43:09 AM »
I remember also fondly having my ass handed to me by a couple of Falmers (basic ones even) on my first playthrough with a level 6 character -- Lydia was with me I think and she was killed even faster. Let's see, level 6 you take on skeevers, wolves -- being cautious -- and the occasional bandit roaming alone. Everything else is pretty much out of your league, except curiously the first dragon (don't remember its name, it's one of the few named dragons actually) you meet which is not especially difficult to take down even at level 6.

Giants though are definitely a no go  :biglaugh:

With that said, I've never been quite "satellited" this way  :purplelaugh:

Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination encircles the world. -- A. Einstein

Offline The Rogue Wolf

• Forums Keeper
« Reply #19 on: July 01, 2013, 04:25:27 PM »
"Never mind saving the world from dragons. I'm gonna go punch the sun."
"Choice one: we flank them using what military men called tactics, and what religious men call divine inspiration. Or, we charge at them head on screaming various obscenities, in what military men call bravery and religious men also call divine inspiration."

Offline Silver Sorrow

• Forums Keeper
« Reply #20 on: July 07, 2013, 02:14:07 AM »
Found it...the last time I played a Breton:

Results of Operation Destroy Our Greatest Enemy The Sun: complete failure.

Falmer are a godawful bane: overpowered and omnipresent. I guess the message is "stay out of Dwemer ruins until you've out-leveled the Falmer (say, level 50 or so)." I had so much trouble with them playing a vanilla race...

...in fact the game is pretty ridiculous in terms of balance anyway. There were times when I was cheated out of killing a dragon by a couple of bandits. I hated bandits in Oblivion -- I think I even referred to them as the new Cliffracers -- and there are even MORE of them in Skyrim. Just what the hell is Bethesda's problem, anyway? Bandits, Flamer, wolves...my god, the wolves. I thought Oblivion had too many of them, but little did I know...

Well, they're done with Skyrim now, so I guess it's just a waiting game until they reveal their next fun little romp. The rumor is Fallout 4, which makes sense. But I hope the next TES is set in Elsweyr. (Or even Blackmarsh.) Because after the severe neglect of the Khajiit in Skyrim (there's...what, eight of them?**), they owe the kitties big time.
[** I counted roughly 50 in the CK, and that's including the unnamed bandits and victims of necromancers, etc.]

Random screens:

I'm using CBBE, but I've never noticed how...uh...womanly Ysolda is before (I changed her hair and face, too...just FYI). I gotta check that outfit's mesh, make sure someone didn't slip in a UNPB mesh just to mess with me.

Reminds me of Betty Cooper as drawn by Dan Decarlo. :love:

I was thinking of recoloring part of this armor brown. Maybe I'm just bored.

The funny thing -- unless this falls under the "tragic" category, I never can tell -- is that the head does not belong to the body.

I'm trying out a new sword, hence the red glow.

I thought I'd try to recreate the Talma...talmehera...she-ra...occult blade that I had in FO3. Couldn't really add a good enchantment to the FO3 version, as they didn't really have a decent magic system.  :P   But this one drains 30 points of health. Tied it into my own little chunk of lore, too. The best thing, though, is the sound effects.

Note the backpack. Yes, she has a backpack. It is not made out of a teddy bear, nor does it feature Hello fucking Kitty.

I'm squinting at the screen and wishing I were asleep. This means that I'm done typing for the moment.

everything