Author Topic: A Very Special Mod From Valve and Bethesda  (Read 1472 times)

Offline Fanghawk

• Marshall's Machinima
A Very Special Mod From Valve and Bethesda
« on: February 08, 2012, 12:41:26 PM »
In honor of the release on the Content Kit and the Skyrim midweek sale, Valve and Bethesda have put together a new mod for Skyrim called "Fall of the Space Core Vol. 1", available through the Steam Workshop.

I won't give too much away, but if you'd rather figure out what you're getting into before you download it check out this video. Unfortunately I'm not sure how much point there is in playing the mod after seeing the video.... but I might try it out anyway just to see. :)

Offline OrlopRat

• Totally Awesome Member - Won A Cookie!
  • Hangar 16 Leftover
    • OrlopRat at Deviant Art
Re: A Very Special Mod From Valve and Bethesda
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2012, 03:37:30 PM »
 What the hell, I've got a Weighted Companion Cube in Oblivion, so why not?  :lol:

I'll give Bethvalve credit though, for coming up with something that'll piss off the Lore Nazis.
Tiens, voilĂ  du boudin...

Offline Starfox

• Master Keeper
  • Did anybody see my lenses?
    • The Foxhole
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2012, 02:27:02 AM »
Thanks, now I want to play Portal 2 once more  :purplelaugh:

I'm not sure that those who never played Portal 2 will have a good fun with this "mod" though.

As for the lore nazis... What do you want them to say? We know the planet hosting the world of Tamriel is not Earth but we don't know where or how far it is. Who's to say the little ball couldn't fly its way through space and stumble there  :lol:

Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination encircles the world. -- A. Einstein

Offline OrlopRat

• Hangar 16 Leftover
    • OrlopRat at Deviant Art
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2012, 06:44:18 AM »
As for the lore nazis... What do you want them to say? We know the planet hosting the world of Tamriel is not Earth but we don't know where or how far it is. Who's to say the little ball couldn't fly its way through space and stumble there  :lol:

Indeed. In my OB, I've replaced Masser and Secunda with the Earth and the Moon. Now, that's a cosmology to ponder... ;D
Tiens, voilĂ  du boudin...

Offline Silver Sorrow

• Forums Keeper
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2012, 02:31:56 PM »
In MW, I think I replaced Secunda with the Death Star at one point...

You hear that? Every time someone thinks outside the box, a Lore Nazi's head explodes. :ok:
An interview with Kim Kardashian? Who wants to see that? I'd rather see an interview with the mortician's assistant who had to piece her head back together so they could have an open-casket funeral.

Offline Silver Sorrow

• Forums Keeper
« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2012, 09:36:49 AM »
Hang on, hang on...I found out WHY I should keep this mod installed. I was wondering what the Space Core did, apart from say random things when clicked on. So if you want to know...if you REALLY want to know...

The answer is in this video.

Also, not that this has anything to do with Skyrim, but if you want to know the answer to life, the universe, and everything, the answer is in this video. Hint: The Answer is wearing the yellow dress. ;D
« Last Edit: March 02, 2012, 09:40:59 AM by Silver Sorrow »
An interview with Kim Kardashian? Who wants to see that? I'd rather see an interview with the mortician's assistant who had to piece her head back together so they could have an open-casket funeral.

Offline Fanghawk

• Marshall's Machinima
« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2012, 11:42:26 PM »
Alright, that's awesome. Now I might have to install this, mod-free-first-playthrough be damned!

everything