Author Topic: Skyrim v1.8...Apatcholypse Now  (Read 4302 times)

Offline Silver Sorrow

• Forums Keeper
  • Totally Awesome Member - Won A Cookie!
Skyrim v1.8...Apatcholypse Now
« on: November 02, 2012, 09:16:21 PM »
Skyrim Update 1.8 (all platforms unless specified)

BUG FIXES

General memory and stability improvements
    Fixed rare crash when using vampiric grip
    Fixed issue where Arnleif and Sons Trading Company could become permanently locked
    Fixed issue related to duplicate NPCs
    Fixed rare issue where exterior door would not open properly

Wait...that's it?? A major version update to patch five minor issues? Ehhh...it probably means that there's more DLC coming this way. Something stupid, I'm guessing.
An interview with Kim Kardashian? Who wants to see that? I'd rather see an interview with the mortician's assistant who had to piece her head back together so they could have an open-casket funeral.

Offline Starfox

• Master Keeper
  • Did anybody see my lenses?
    • The Foxhole
Re: Skyrim v1.8...Apatcholypse Now
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2012, 11:05:53 AM »
It's pretty lame, especially because they once again failed to fix the audio bug that was introduced about two or three patches ago, has been pointed out by hundreds of users and is pretty unnerving.

'I used to be an adventurer like... took an arrow in the knee".

Here's what can be heard now if one moves around before a NPC finishes their banter. Middle of sentences is cut out. Oh but it's probably not worth fixing. Only happens 9 times out of 10  ::)

Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination encircles the world. -- A. Einstein

Offline Silver Sorrow

• Forums Keeper
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2012, 05:48:21 AM »
That's really why they release a mod kit: let the community fix what we can't be bothered with.  :ss-disbelief

Oh, and I may have been right about upcoming DLC, which would be a first for me. ::)  Still, there's a teaser about an upcoming trailer, so...

...I mean, I could be persuaded to actually start playing the damned game again if it has anything to do with Solstheim.
An interview with Kim Kardashian? Who wants to see that? I'd rather see an interview with the mortician's assistant who had to piece her head back together so they could have an open-casket funeral.

Offline Starfox

• Master Keeper
    • The Foxhole
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2012, 12:55:13 PM »
They should have told that this was not a "fixing" patch but a "let's introduce a bunch of new bugs" one.

- Main Quest breaking bug (and I mean really "breaking"). Diplomatic immunity: you go to the Thalmor embassy and oh surprise, Elenwen won't talk to you (she issues one line of gibberish and go away) and furthermore none of the guests that are supposed to be there are. So when Delphine's agent asks you to create a diversion, you're completely screwed and here ends the main quest rather abruptly. That's true on xBox anyway. On PC you can still (I did) use the console to advance the quest and use the tcl command to pass a locked door that won't open because the triggering event never occurs due to the bug. Nice one Beth! I love having to resort to console commands to progress in a game!

And no, I don't have any mod modifying anything pertaining to the MQ, in fact I don't even have the unofficial patch installed.

- A while later my wife is abducted by a bunch of lowlifes (courtesy of Hearthfire I believe)... The one I killed had a ransom note with her telling the location of detention and to bring a sum of money. Problem is, the quest attached never triggered or it auto-completes... whatever. Going to the location just result in the "normal" bandits with no abducted wife. Final result is, the wife is nowhere to be found and I expect she's lost in the mist of buggy times.

There again, I don't have any mod installed that could interfere.

There's more... but I'm too tired right now.

Know what Bethesda? YOU are PAID to track bugs down and squash them! Users PAY to have fun! It's not supposed to be the other way around. In particular user shouldn't have to resort to console commands to get out of a buggy situation.

Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination encircles the world. -- A. Einstein

Offline Silver Sorrow

• Forums Keeper
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2012, 05:31:09 PM »
Thinking about it, I don't believe I ever had any *real* fun with Skyrim. I'm always on the lookout for ways to improve various things, or being blindsided by a bug, or getting fed up with the gameplay. I think my uppermost impression of the game was that it should've been more like Rune. The horned helmets aren't as cool, the weapons are too wimpy, the Dragonborn swings a sword like a girl (even if she is a girl...come on.), and so on. So at times like that, I play Rune instead.

So I guess that they're so busy squeezing out DLC that they don't really care about the MQ anymore. Not that I can blame them, though; after you build your own house (yawn) destroy/join the big scary vampires (goth yawn), killing the World Eater** doesn't really have quite the excitement it did before the DLC.  ::)

[** This, in a moment of clear honesty, is my favorite song ever. Maybe this is why no one ever asks me what my favorite song is. I was a mere lad in high school when I first heard it, and while I like a wide variety of music (okay, maybe not), THIS is the one I still crank up. YouTube doesn't do it justice. It needs to be run through a set of monster speakers to fully appreciate. It's great at parties, or so I imagine. Not as startling as "Careful With That Axe Eugene," but guaranteed to melt the ice sculpture.]

Anyway, it seems that the BethSoft PC issues forum is once again the place to be if you like hopelessness and utter despair. It's hoppin'.  :P

Offline Starfox

• Master Keeper
    • The Foxhole
« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2012, 10:42:13 AM »
On the bright side I'm on the verge of getting out of my Skyrim period. Because I'm like that, I periodically enter gaming phases between games I really like. So right now it's Skyrim but I foresee that next week I won't give a damn about it (I feel an amusing urge to go and replay both Dead Space games).

And believe me, Skyrim's really not that bad on the fun side. Want to be convinced? Buy FEAR 3. Or wait... don't buy it. No really I wouldn't even recommend it to my worst enemy. FEAR 3 is that game where you feel in the very first minute that Monolith is not in charge any longer... And it gets only worse after that. Want a pure MP shooter with no hint of any believable horror anymore, masquerading as a FEAR game? Go get it. Otherwise stay away and keep your money for better things. I only spent $5 on this title and after playing half of it (I don't even feel like finishing it) it still seems too damn expensive to me.

Funny thing: the wife finally reappear but now for whatever reason it can be she's constantly walking backward and occasionally performing moonwalking -- she won't even sit anymore because waliking backward she cannot find the chairs  ;D ). She can be interacted with the normal way but otherwise all of her movements are weird. She's possessed  :lol: (note that this behavior was confirmed by other players) I'm afraid to imagine what possibly went wrong with this bug. Why all the walking backward? A terrifying issue with a possible solution in the near future? Stay tuned for the next patch where Bethesda will try to fix the result of their own fixing.

In Borderlands, that could be construed as an amusing design choice... in Skyrim, it's just another bug...  ::)

Offline Silver Sorrow

• Forums Keeper
« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2012, 10:30:51 AM »
Because I'm like that, I periodically enter gaming phases between games I really like.

Same here. I knew my Mass Effect phase was over when I walked my ME3 Shepard into the Presidium Commons and said, quote, "Mbuh." (It's a weary, resigned sound. You had to be there.)

Right now I'm cleaning up my personal Skyrim mods and continuously lamenting that there are very few weapons and armors that I like. In fact, I like the vanilla crap far more than what I've seen in most mods. So I'm playing it again, trying out the new DLCs...maybe I'll enjoy being a vampire with a customizable home. Who knows?

I was interested in the *idea* of FEAR 3, but when I discovered the details, I said no way, no how, nuh-uh. Of course, I barely got through FEAR 2, but that? Nope. Time for Monolith to revive Blood or NOLF, with Blood being the preferred choice.

A moonwalking wife...hmmmm. Tell me: does she constantly push you to adopt little boys? If so, then we finally know what really happened to Michael Jackson. I had a bit here about LaToya and Janet, but I think I'd rather pound down a liter of Gatorade and take a really long nap.

Offline Starfox

• Master Keeper
    • The Foxhole
« Reply #7 on: November 14, 2012, 03:11:23 AM »
That's it, I declare patch 1.8 of Skyrim the most buggiest patch ever release for *ANY* TES game.

New bugs, old bugs that were removed 3 patches ago but are reintroduced (Blood On The Ice, doesn't trigger the first time one enters Windhelm... again), people who vanish completely without any reason whatsoever (all the Morthal villagers who followed me to the vampire lair are nowhere to be found after the quest completion which amusingly removes one merchant from the game, the Morthal alchemist).

If you have Dawnguard installed it becomes even funnier. The vampire attacks occurring in towns are likely to cause a lot of collateral damage, including merchants. The poor smith girl from Witherun paid the price (another valuable merchant less). It's like if the game wanted to kill/make disappear all the merchants so that you'd have no one to sell your crap to anymore. After the first vampire attack with my new character, the courier immediately delivered to me 3 "letters of inheritance" from my dear deceased friends and that was for Witherun only... That's plain ridiculous. Why allow those attacks to happen in town  in the first place? Another attack took place in Ivarstead and killed someone I had a side quest with... result, "quest failed", how happy I was...  ::)

On the good side, there's no CTD type bug (none that I experienced anyway) but the quest bugs are legion, I even daresay that there are more than in the original release of the game. Even Dawnguard is affected. When I first played it before patch 1.8 Serana was the most interesting companion to have because she showed some degree of intelligence in following you... Now, she behaves almost as stupidly as any other companion.

And what about your new "mansions" and the fact that unlike in the inns the background music never stop when your hired bard start playing. But why have a bard anyway when it's always to hear the same two songs and two instrumental bits... Keep your 1,500 gold I say...

In the mean time some quest bugs that exist since the original release of the game are still to be fixed.

So to sum it all up the patch 1.8 is utter crap. I think that will speed the end of my Skyrim period.

Edit: Oh, and about the "manors" or "mansions" or whatever... So I can have a Library OR a kitchen but not both? What Kind of nonsense is that? I guess it would have been so much more difficult to let player decide on which side of the main hall the library should go so one could fit a kitchen... or an armory on the other side...
« Last Edit: November 14, 2012, 03:29:40 AM by Starfox »

Offline Silver Sorrow

• Forums Keeper
« Reply #8 on: November 17, 2012, 12:23:08 PM »
After the patch forced itself upon my game, I had a few graphical problems. For one thing, after a play session my screensaver failed to render (I had 3D Pipes going for some reason...I usually don't have the 3D screensavers going); then my skills screen was bright pink...and my map went translucent. So I updated my video drivers -- for Nvidia users, this is a huge pain in the ass if you despise BSODs...if you enjoy them, then it's a friggin' wonderland of big blue fun -- and tried again. Things seemed to calm down after that. I really need an upgrade.

Then Steam decided to do something interesting, i.e., irritating:

There's even a thread about this at the official gathering of idiots forums, and here's a link wherein Valve explains themselves.

All this is nice and all, but if you don't have the HD texture pack installed, the thing WILL download it again, which takes forever even on a fast connection. Hooray for modern times.

Still, I don't seem to be having any graphics issues anymore, so that's nice. The game still has its stupid bugs aplenty, though.

- The Bard's College is still buggy, but no one seems to give a rat's furry crack about it.

- Ever since the stupid dipshits who complained that Sneak was "overpowered" after you max it out (apparently it's terrible when you've put all that time and effort into maxing out a skill and the game becomes "too easy" ::)), it hasn't really worked right. Sometimes I can sneak right up to a bad guy facing me without a flicker of discovery, and sometimes they know I'm there from 100 yards away with their back to me.

- The vampire attacks really are a pain; if they're going to do something that, they should've made the quest-related NPCs essential or at least herded them inside so the guards could take care of the threat. It's like dragons, but much worse. Additionally they're leveled, so now I have a random chance that two or more overpowered death hounds (hate those stupid things) and a master vampire + thrall/fledgling/whatever will kill everyone in sight. :ss-disbelief

Side Note: I love the Letters of Inheritance; a measly handful of coins *after* the Jarl's taken his/her cut...lovely.

- I thought there had been a fix for companions following too closely -- the mage who wants me to help her get a scroll in a tomb, for example -- but I guess I was imagining it. That woman tried to climb right up my ass the entire time. Although I ddidn't mind so much, for some reason.

- I haven't followed the MQ far enough to enjoy the gamebreaker bugs yet, but soon.  :ok:

- As for Hearhtfire...hmmm. I've found that it changes Breezehome; you can convert the alchemy lab into a child's room (why?? I hate kids!), which may be great for adopters, but...it's not that I care, really, but now the Breezehome mod I had installed doesn't work right anymore (it added a complete forge to the basement). So I just know I'm going to have fun deciding on either a kitchen or a library.  ;D

Offline Starfox

• Master Keeper
    • The Foxhole
« Reply #9 on: November 18, 2012, 11:13:08 PM »
About the game breaking bug in "diplomatic immunity", I replayed it to be sure and I can tell that it depends on who you befriend before the party. For example , I befriended the Jarl of Morthal which normally should allow me to ask her to cause a mess at the party but... she wasn't there. Maven Black-Briar that at that point I didn't meet yet WAS there but then since I never met her she refused to help (she doesn't even give you the option). Same for the Thane of Solitude (the one who normally becomes your Solitude contact during the Thief side quests to bring back the guild to power). Nobody was there on my previous playthrough because I already met all those people hence nobody was even there which appears to bug Elenwen. So apparently this new bug depends on who you met or not before the party.

Anyway, the stupid guy that arrives with you at the party suddenly becomes your best friend for this quest (never had to use him before that). Just ask a bottle of alcohol from Delphine's contact then go talk to him, offer him a drink then he will help causing a mess.

Ever since the stupid dipshits who complained that Sneak was "overpowered" after you max it out (apparently it's terrible when you've put all that time and effort into maxing out a skill and the game becomes "too easy" ::))

Those people should stick to FPS. There's no point in playing a RPG if you don't feel like you're "progressing" when you climb levels. Reminds me how the road bandits in Oblivion would kick your ass no matter what level you were. But there are people like that. One keeps finding mods on the Nexus that reintroduce features one really could live without (like degrading equipment and weapons) and stripping the game of every little thing that would make it too "easy" for their taste (like adjusting the smithing ability so it performs much more badly or making magic even crappier). I don't mind as long as these remain mods that users can choose to install or ignore. I do mind when such ideas are taken into account by Bethesda so that they are eventually forced on everyone.

I thought there had been a fix for companions following too closely

Yep that's one thing that Serana's doing now after the 1.8 patch: she's either constantly stuck in your ass or way behind and can't follow (she's also walking into traps much more than she did). Amusing thing is, when you're both vampires, you can propose her which she refuses because temples freak her out (apparently one can't propose her if she's vampire and the player's human and not even if the player's human but has enough pull with her to push her to get a cure). Anyway she doesn't want to get married but she sure spends a lot of time "getting physical" with you  :lol: It remains though that she's a good companion because a) she remains set as essential after DG so you don't have to worry about friendly fire (only other companion set as essential is Mjoll in Riften) and b) she has the best sneaking ability of all the companions available in game (if only Bethesda didn't half break that) and c) her idle behavior is much more funny than the other "stick in the mud" companions even though it can get troublesome at times.

As for Hearhtfire...hmmm. I've found that it changes Breezehome;

And screws up part of the mods that change Breezehome in the process. Yep, definitely true. If you have mods altering Breezehome (and since this is the first and cheapest house one can buy in the game there are a gazillion mods that do just that), there's a 90% chance that your game will either crash or act funny after installing Heartfire each time you try to enter Breezehome.

As for having children... I draw a line when my game starts to emulate the Sims  ::)

Offline Silver Sorrow

• Forums Keeper
« Reply #10 on: November 25, 2012, 11:01:53 AM »
So apparently this new bug depends on who you met or not before the party.

Weird...although, I've never tried to talk to any of the guests at the party before. Maybe I ought to try that. :lol:  When I was told to create a distraction, I figured my best bet was the drunk. He never disappoints.  :ok:

Those people should stick to FPS. There's no point in playing a RPG if you don't feel like you're "progressing" when you climb levels. Reminds me how the road bandits in Oblivion would kick your ass no matter what level you were.

Level 48, feeling all badass until a mere bandit -- leveled to be a few levels above mine?!? -- in full Glass starts beatin' on my ass. As someone once pointed out, there was no reason to level up in Oblivion.

But there are people like that. One keeps finding mods on the Nexus that reintroduce features one really could live without (like degrading equipment and weapons) and stripping the game of every little thing that would make it too "easy" for their taste (like adjusting the smithing ability so it performs much more badly or making magic even crappier).

Like that DukePatrick guy who feels that unless you're suffering, you aren't enjoying the game. ("Hunger...thirst...what's next? Ah! FROSTBITE!")

I don't mind as long as these remain mods that users can choose to install or ignore. I do mind when such ideas are taken into account by Bethesda so that they are eventually forced on everyone.

Bethesda's "we're listening" philosophy doesn't make a lot of sense to me. The game sells a kajillion copies, and they change things due to a handful of idiots. Wouldn't it make more sense -- call me crazy! -- to look at the vast majority of people who *aren't* complaining?

"We sold 1 million copies of this game. Five of those people don't like it when stealth becomes 'too easy' when they max out Sneak."

"And the other 999,995 people?"

"No complaints from them."

"Right. We have to change it immediately."

"We should break the Main Quest, too."

"Agreed. Suffering builds character."

Yep that's one thing that Serana's doing now after the 1.8 patch: she's either constantly stuck in your ass or way behind and can't follow (she's also walking into traps much more than she did).

Oh, goody. :madatwall:  I've never been thrilled by the concept of companions, and Bethesda isn't trying very hard to convince me that I should hire one.

And screws up part of the mods that change Breezehome in the process. Yep, definitely true. If you have mods altering Breezehome (and since this is the first and cheapest house one can buy in the game there are a gazillion mods that do just that), there's a 90% chance that your game will either crash or act funny after installing Heartfire each time you try to enter Breezehome.

On the bright side, at least the Lakeview home -- I'm not sure if the others are the same -- has a forge, which was all that I wanted in Breezehome. I heard that the cause is some sort of navmesh conflict. So I just disabled the Breezehome mod and hired Lydia as my Lakeview steward. I haven't been back to Breezehome since.

Still, I had fun building Lakeview...even though I had problems getting some of the materials. For example, sabre cat teeth. According to UESP: "The only way to make this ingredient become available from apothecary merchants is to unlock the Merchant perk (requires level 50 Speech), at which point it is an 'uncommon' ingredient." And after that, you have a 50% chance of finding one on one's body. Fortunately, the game is lousy with sabre cats after a while.

As for having children... I draw a line when my game starts to emulate the Sims

True; being the sort who only uses a home for storage, I never saw the need to get married. Kids, eh? Not a chance. Until I stumbled across a poor waif who was selling flowers in Windhelm and I adopted the adorable little con artist on the spot. No mommy or daddy? Selling flowers in the icy streets? Riiiiight. Okay, FINE. I'll adopt you. Jeez.

When I came home and she asked me if I had a present for her, I gave her the only extra gear I had: an Elven dagger. I'm afraid I'm not a very good parent.

Speaking of moral character, I read that if your wife is stuck walking backwards, etc. (in the game, I mean), all you have to do is beat her. That's right, BEAT YOUR WIFE.

I think. I was half-asleep at the time. I also vaguely recall something about opening the console, clicking on her, then using the resurrect command. I think that was supposed to work too.

Either way.

One thing hasn't changed: the scene where Alduin resurrects Sahloknir (or whatever) hasn't worked right for a while now, so the new patch doesn't break *that*, at least. (I'm still not sure that isn't caused by the Paarthurnax Dilemma mod.)

I had a puzzling note via courier, telling me to go to Hag's End for a word of power; the sender claimed that I used a Shout in the "Sons of Skyrim Military Camp."

...I still can't figure out where this camp is, or how it came to be that I used a Shout there, seeing as how I don't know where the bleeding hell it is.

Another fun encounter was when I was in the middle of interrogating Delphine (after the Sahloknir debacle), and three thugs walked up and started whaling on me. It was more annoying than anything else (since my armor rating is through the roof), so I asked a couple more questions -- as my blood spattered everywhere -- and then killed them. On the leader's body was the contract note signed by "Lowlife," who is the hostile puttering around the table outside the door to the Ragged Flagon.

It seems I pickpocketed him and he wanted revenge. Problem is, I cut the bastard's throat immediately after picking his pocket. (Strange I know, but I needed the pickpocket practice.) So from beyond the grave, this idiot can afford three brusiers in Steel Plate carrying Glass weapons, just to rough me up for stealing a handful of gold coins from him. Confounding.

Offline Starfox

• Master Keeper
    • The Foxhole
« Reply #11 on: November 26, 2012, 07:11:34 AM »
eird...although, I've never tried to talk to any of the guests at the party before. Maybe I ought to try that. :lol:

See, I never had to use the drunk guy before that bug. Different play styles I guess  :lol:

Bethesda's "we're listening" philosophy doesn't make a lot of sense to me. The game sells a kajillion copies, and they change things due to a handful of idiots. Wouldn't it make more sense -- call me crazy! -- to look at the vast majority of people who *aren't* complaining?

Companies (as well as just about any entity like say... administration) never listen to the silent majority. Why? because it is silent. On the other hand they also listen to the vocal minorities then ignore them completely (case in point EA/Bioware and ME3 ending... but well, the minority there was maybe a bit too big with its several hundred thousands so maybe they were considered as not complaining, just vocalizing very loudly their opinion; because several hundred thousands people can't be complaining about the same thing, right? ::) )

Oh, goody. :madatwall:  I've never been thrilled by the concept of companions, and Bethesda isn't trying very hard to convince me that I should hire one.

But the idea of companions wasn't Bethesda cup of tea in the first place. They were kinda "pushed" by (a vocal minority of) players to implement it -- again they listened to those who talked. There was no companions in Morrowind, not a one in Oblivion (with the exception of some NPCs one had to follow for a short time) and the first companions in a Bethesda game were really introduced in Fallout 3 because previous Fallout games had companions and a Fallout game without some would have seem blasphemous to the series fans. However, one can't help but notice the very little attention that was paid to companions in Fallout 3 then in Skyrim. Most are flat, without any interesting story or background to go with them and not even a mini quest to keep things interesting -- and no I don't consider "brawling" or "paying" as mini quests. Only Mjoll and to a much larger extent Serana in Skyrim are outside the "totally bland companions" norm. So it's a safe bet to say that Bethesda was not really interested in companions either.

There was FNV, true, where companions had each a background and a story and even some quests but FNV was not developed by Bethesda but Obsidian and Obsidian developed the original Fallout games either when the company was still known as "Black Isle" or as part of in-house Interplay, so companions are essential to them as they are an essential part of the Fallout series and more generally of most RPG game they ever worked on or published (Baldur's Gate 1 & 2; Neverwinter Night 2, Planescape Torment...). But Bethesda? I think they couldn't care less about companions which is not really a fault, it's just their idea of RPG that doesn't include "companions" as a primary component.

On the bright side, at least the Lakeview home -- I'm not sure if the others are the same -- has a forge,

They all have a forge (yep I constructed all of them because I'm completely mad as any good shrink would confirm; that apparently granted me the "Land Baron" achievement on Steam -- more to the point, it allowed me to test all the configurations). Basically, the little house (or hallway), the main hall and the cellar are the same, with the same features. The extensions can vary following which ones you want to construct around the main hall. They are all the same though (I mean, if you build a library in two different houses it will be the very same library).

There's one unique feature for each estate though. Lakeview Manor has its own apiary, Windstat Manor (North-East from Morthal just South of the High Gate ruins with a direct view on Solitude -- when it isn't snowing) has its own Fish Hatchery were you can grew your own fish (ingredients) with three non aggressive and respawnable Horkers nearby in case you're hungry  ;D and then there's Heljarchen Hall (a little North from the Loreius' Farm -- where you meet the Jester from DB) which has its personal little grain mill to transform wheat into flour (which considering the amount of flour sacks you come across after installing Heartfire is probably the most useless feature of the three) and the location of Heljarchen Hall is the most horrible of the three possible ones.

I still regret the absence of any manor in the Rift hold (I know that's because there's already a house in Riften but there are pretty nice views in the Rift that could have been exploited as a possible location).

My personal rant about all the DLC fuss is that... we had to wait for Dawnguard to be able to craft our own arrows (officially I mean, there sure is a gazillion mods for that around there). That's right the feature was only added in Dawnguard (along with bolt crafting) which means that if you don't have Dawnguard you can't craft arrows. Crafting arrows should have been a patch available to everyone no matter if the DLC was installed or not, because it was a feature that should have been in the original game in the first place.

Speaking of moral character, I read that if your wife is stuck walking backwards, etc. (in the game, I mean), all you have to do is beat her. That's right, BEAT YOUR WIFE.

Well, game or not I'm not about to beat my wife to test that theory...

(in the game, I mean)

Those are the important words here by the way. DO NOT try that at home guys, even if your wife IS walking backward! If you do there's a special location waiting for you, it's called a "jail"  :purplelaugh:

One thing hasn't changed: the scene where Alduin resurrects Sahloknir (or whatever) hasn't worked right for a while now, so the new patch doesn't break *that*, at least. (I'm still not sure that isn't caused by the Paarthurnax Dilemma mod.)

i didn't have any bugs there last time I played that part (was with 1.7) but I don't have the mod you mention installed so that may well be the cause.

I had a puzzling note via courier, telling me to go to Hag's End for a word of power; the sender claimed that I used a Shout in the "Sons of Skyrim Military Camp.

A general appellation for any of the Stormcloak camps maybe? Did you shout in one?

On the leader's body was the contract note signed by "Lowlife," who is the hostile puttering around the table outside the door to the Ragged Flagon.

First time that happened to me was with Septimus after he dies during the Hermaeus Mora quest. I helped myself to some of his belonging (he wasn't going to need them any time soon after all) and I was attacked later by thugs apparently hired by his ghost. So no matter what for the game stealing is stealing dead people or not. This is a bug that has been running since the very first version of the game. Never was corrected and probably never will. I think it has to do with stealth. If the game thinks you are caught for some reason, it will decide to send you the thugs no matter the ultimate fate of the owner of the properties. On another playthrough I picked Septimus' place clean after he died but I did it in stealth and I didn't see any thugs after that.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2012, 07:16:07 AM by Starfox »