Author Topic: DLC: Dragonborn  (Read 1838 times)

Offline Silver Sorrow

• Forums Keeper
  • Totally Awesome Member - Won A Cookie!
DLC: Dragonborn
« on: November 05, 2012, 05:40:39 PM »
Bethblog article plus official trailer.

Article At Skyrim Nexus.

Burning Question: Why does YouTube want me to use my real name??

Anyway.

What we know: "Dragonborn" will be set in Solstheim. It will cost 1600 MS points (~$20), and it will be released on December 4th of this year. On the 360. No one knows about the PC yet, and no one cares about the PS3. Count on many more bugs, a mod entitled "The Unofficial Dragonborn Patch," and rieklings. I hated those things.
An interview with Kim Kardashian? Who wants to see that? I'd rather see an interview with the mortician's assistant who had to piece her head back together so they could have an open-casket funeral.

Offline Starfox

• Master Keeper
  • Did anybody see my lenses?
    • The Foxhole
Re: DLC: Dragonborn
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2012, 10:16:19 AM »
Burning Question: Why does YouTube want me to use my real name??

Because they are preparing the move to "Web 3.0" that will be an even further bliss of friendly "socialization" networks in which every user will be brain dead enough to communicate their credit card number along with their PIN and even pay to be accepted on Facebook.

OR... The web is turning into the surveillance tool the NSA (or the "Renseignement Généraux" -- or "RG" the French NSA counterpart) dreamed of without daring asking for it.

Take your pick  :lol: Although it may very well be both.

Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination encircles the world. -- A. Einstein

Offline Silver Sorrow

• Forums Keeper
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2012, 10:15:08 AM »
Probably both.  :ok:

An end to internet anonymity...sorry, I can't support that. I've spent years alienating everyone I know without actually moving to another time zone altogether, and now they want me to reconnect with them AND use my real name? No, sorry, no. I prefer stalking past acquaintances under an alias, thank you.

And what's the deal with former classmates/parents' friends with boring lives? You're hoping "aunt" Cheryl (a random name, for example), she of the rockin' rack, will have done something quite naughty involving a milking machine, but it's always, ALWAYS, that she's "found" the Lord (apparenty you have to look under the correct rocks) and has given up low-cut dresses for Farmville. You hope that's just a metaphor, but you know that it isn't. The dream dies.

Speaking of dead dreams, Dragonborn is coming out for the Xbox tomorrow (that would be the 4th, as today is the 3rd). For the PC and PS3, however, it'll be "early 2013."

My neighbor has a really big dog. I'm gonna feed that yapping bastard a couple cans of chili. Then I'll send whatever he shoots out to Todd Howard in a nice big leak-proof box with a festive red bow on top.
An interview with Kim Kardashian? Who wants to see that? I'd rather see an interview with the mortician's assistant who had to piece her head back together so they could have an open-casket funeral.

Offline Starfox

• Master Keeper
  • Did anybody see my lenses?
    • The Foxhole
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2012, 03:01:20 PM »
I would say that Bethesda gets on my nerve with their "Xbox rulez" release policy but It would be a complete waste of time so I won't, especially because they're not worse than Mr Frank "I-kill-gaming-franchises-faster-than-they-are-developed" Gibeau, dear Electronic Arts CEO that a while ago expressed is pride at the fact that not a single game had been released under his term without a MP component in it because MP is so cool (understand: SP sucks and is for loosers). Sure he immediately said that it was not what he meant but anyway, it is what he meant or more precisely what he meant was that they were providing an online service (Origin) so how could they be "milking the suckers cow" on a daily basis with titles that were "just" Single Player. And before someone come and point to me that the MP in Mass Effect 3 is "free", yeah it is... theoretically. Practically though, the difficulty is set so high in MP that the crappy weapon package provided as a basis in MP doesn't work anymore after 2 rounds at which point one has two options. Either suffer for weeks dying again and again to gain the necessary XP to access the better gear OR... pay REAL money to unlock the better gear directly. Amusingly enough paying to unlock a gear instead of sweating to *win* it, is not construed by EA rules as "cheating". No instead it's good customer behavior because after all, it's the purpose of the whole thing.

Why did I even approach that subject as those words about "no EA game without MP" were said a few months ago? Oh yeah, because I've learned that the upcoming Dead Space (Dead Space 3) will feature (Gibeau's rules) a MP component that was totally absent from the two previous games. This MP component will be co-op, but that's not the bad part. The bad part is that some elements of the storyline will only be accessible if you play the damn co-op part. And that's exactly what I mean when I say that MP is getting in the way of SP. One shouldn't have to go MP just to gain something from a SP point of view. They already did it (Gibeau again) to a lesser extent with Mass Effect 3 were the maximum EMS (which determines the final outcome of the SP campaign) can only be achieved if you go MP, and not just a few hours but several days a week (and oh yeah, if you forget to play MP for some time, all the accumulated progress you've made is erased... cool, no?).

I can't wait to see the disaster caused in Dead Space 3... Err... you know what? I CAN wait! In fact I'll replay Dead Space and Dead Space 2 until the day DS3 price drops under $10. How's that? And I'll wear a T-shirt "Frag Gibeau" in the meantime.

I should thank him though, considering the economy I'll make from now on. Those titles I loved to the point I was willing to pay full price? Don't need to anymore... yay! DS3 = backburner... Dragon Age 3 = backburner... well, pretty much everything EA on the backburner. Yep, Gibeau is rapidly becoming my wallet BFF.

Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination encircles the world. -- A. Einstein

everything