Author Topic: Only The Greatest Mod Ever Made!  (Read 1211 times)

Offline Silver Sorrow

• Forums Keeper
  • Totally Awesome Member - Won A Cookie!
Only The Greatest Mod Ever Made!
« on: March 14, 2013, 01:49:00 AM »
While I wait patiently for Bethesda to break my game with the v1.9 patch -- you know it will -- I've been looking into changing things around a bit. (Also, I wonder why I never reply in the threads I've started, but that's beside the point.) I tired of being restricted to the tyranny of cookie-cutter DLC homes and the various ordeals involved in acquiring the standard hovels, so I made a little (modern) hideaway under the Riverwood inn. Then I started cleaning up the random crap I've added to my Armory. Confoundingly, I still haven't nailed down the perfect textures for my races mod. But all that is merely scut-work for someone who is so very weary of winter.

Have I ever mentioned that I hate winter? I hate winter. I hate summer with more venom than I can express without the use of props and rude gestures, but there's something about winter that makes me want to stroll into a pet store with a flamethrower and...

...you get the idea. On a side note, do you miss the days when you could joke about burning down an orphanage or bombing an elementary school without being ass-raped by multiple government agencies? I sure do.

Anyway, my point is that

I HATE WINTER

and I'm sick of playing games that more or less mirror the climate outside this (metaphorical) plastic bubble I call home. But someone released a mod the other day...

Something's...different. Waiter! Bring me fuzzy pink Mexican drinks, por favor!

Try out Tropical Skyrim, which should be a compelling argument for the author's admission into Paradise.

Join me around mid-July or so, when I've uninstalled Tropical Skyrim in favor of the vanilla snow and ice, because

I HATE SUMMER, TOO.

I vote for more games set in autumn. Remember Autumn in Lampfire Hills? Of course you do.
An interview with Kim Kardashian? Who wants to see that? I'd rather see an interview with the mortician's assistant who had to piece her head back together so they could have an open-casket funeral.

Offline Starfox

• Master Keeper
  • Did anybody see my lenses?
    • The Foxhole
Re: Only The Greatest Mod Ever Made!
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2013, 10:32:42 AM »
So you need an Autumn mod which makes this mod NOT the greatest ever made one (especially because you hate summer too)  :biglaugh:

There's a whole autumn area in the game already, around Riven  :lol: And there's a spring area (somewhat) around Falkreath.

Anyway, good looking mod. I probably won't install it (or not for long at any rate) because I curiously like the snow in Skyrim. What I don't like are the constant snow storms in some areas, that's the reason why I try to do the main quest as fast as possible until I gain Clear Skies. Don't like a storm? Just shout  :purplelaugh:

Talking of snow storms we had one during three days this week big enough to declare an official emergency. In Normandy and in March it was almost surreal. Can't even remember the last time we had that much snow that late in the season or even if there was a last time.

It was enough to gain an article there http://iceagenow.info/2013/03/normandy-snowfall-%E2%80%9Chistoric%E2%80%9D/
« Last Edit: March 15, 2013, 10:47:08 AM by Starfox »

Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination encircles the world. -- A. Einstein

Offline Silver Sorrow

• Forums Keeper
Re: Only The Greatest Mod Ever Made!
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2013, 09:59:22 PM »
Exactly. The Complete Autumn Skyrim mod would make this mod the Third Greatest Mod Ever Made, right after the Total Spring Skyrim mod. (Not to be confused with this mod, which could technically be called "Totally Rad Spring Break Skyrim," based on if you're using a skimpy armor mod.) However, those will probably never be made, as most of the community (as such) is frittering away precious pre-apocalypse time on utter shit mods.

Sadly, I have uninstalled Tropical Skyrim for several very important (or something) reasons:

1. I kept getting lost. ("Riverwood's supposed to be around here somewhere...")

2. Thanks to the new foliage, some of the caves are somewhat...difficult...to navigate. ("A cave stuffed full of giant ferns. Novel.")

3. [while using v1.0] White-out conditions in Winterhold. And the freezing desaturated beaches near Dawnstar. Lovely.

That's about it, really. Not enough of a reason to uninstall, but it all seemed wrong, somehow. But oh, that blue water...

I like Riften, but it's infested with bears and spiders. They're everywhere. Can't get shaken down by the Riften gate guard without being interrupted... ::)

We had some extremely nasty weather here too, but that was last month and obviously not as bizarre as in Normandy... We're more confused than doomed, I think; one day is up in the 70's, the next is in the 40's. The trees can't decide to bud out or not, the lawncare guy showed up yesterday and mowed the lawn in a hoodie and a knit cap...I appreciate the entrepreneurial spirit, but let's not get ahead of ourselves.

I think I figured out how to get free yard care, though: wait until they're almost done, then call 911. "Help! There's a bunch of Mexicans vandalizing my lawn!" The police show up, make a few arrests, and I save $30. Of course, the Hispanic gentlemen in question know where I live and will probably do something horrible to me, or worse, my Chinese Pistache. So maybe I'll just file that notion away with the life-size plastic ancestral oaks idea.
An interview with Kim Kardashian? Who wants to see that? I'd rather see an interview with the mortician's assistant who had to piece her head back together so they could have an open-casket funeral.