Author Topic: Deus Ex: Human Revolution Director's Cut  (Read 1247 times)

Offline Silver Sorrow

• Forums Keeper
  • Totally Awesome Member - Won A Cookie!
Deus Ex: Human Revolution Director's Cut
« on: June 13, 2013, 07:44:39 AM »
Article:
Deus Ex: Human Revolution Director's Cut coming to 360, PS3, and PC

Quoting:
Director's Cut of Deus Ex: Human Revolution changes the game's controversial boss battles, among other fixes and updates.

Square Enix has confirmed to GameSpot that the upcoming Director's Cut for Deus Ex: Human Revolution will be coming to the Xbox 360, PlayStation 3, and PC alongside the previously announced Wii U version.

Eidos Montreal's Jean Francois Dugas revealed that the Director's Cut was going multiplatform on GameSpot's E3 2013 Live Show.

No additional information was given, nor did Square Enix confirm whether the Director's Cut would be released separately as DLC for current owners of Deus Ex: Human Revolution.

The Director's Cut for Deus Ex: Human Revolution includes the Tong's Rescue mission and Missing Link downloadable content, alongside "overhauled" boss battles, "redefined" game balance and combat, "improved" artificial intelligence, and updated graphics.

Since I paid full price for the original and seethe with rage whenever I see it for sale on Steam for a handful of loose change, I...hmm. I don't know what to think (that doesn't involve torches and pitchforks, that is). I do know I'm not exactly happy about it, though.
An interview with Kim Kardashian? Who wants to see that? I'd rather see an interview with the mortician's assistant who had to piece her head back together so they could have an open-casket funeral.

Offline bobdog

Re: Deus Ex: Human Revolution Director's Cut
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2013, 09:10:54 AM »
Well, duh -- don't purchase on day one!  ;D

... But then the whole industry would fall apart, and we'd have no games at all....

Hmmm, scratch that -- be "that" sucker who buys on day one and has to beta-test the game for those of us poor schmucks who save our ducats and buy later!  :onethumb:

Offline Starfox

• Master Keeper
  • Did anybody see my lenses?
    • The Foxhole
Re: Deus Ex: Human Revolution Director's Cut
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2013, 06:06:30 AM »
I think the last game I bought on day 1 was Mass Effect 3 in which the 10 last minutes made me realize that for big publishers like EA we're just a bunch of big juicy wallets (well, OK I realized that before but ME3 was kind of the proverbial nail on the coffin). So I just stopped buying day 1.

Now I will only buy day one in order to take a stance. For example when I bought The WItcher 2 on Day 1 (actually even on pre-order which I generally don't do) it was to participate in the anti-DRM effort which I wholeheartedly support because DRM are just a plague on video gaming and don't even benefit to anyone (aside the DRM software companies). DRM frequently introduce bugs -- like if games weren't buggy enough as they are --  and I don't know a single title that hasn't been pirated thanks to DRM so the whole DRM thing is pretty much a moot point that is just there to please shareholders and annoy legit customers. As for pirates they generally have day 0 (meaning at the same time or even slightly before the official release) games without the hassle of the DRM.

Anyway... If we had to wait for the ultimate good pricing we could wait very long indeed. I mean, at one point one has to buy the game eventually. I bought Dishonored on a 50% rebate to discover just the other day that it was on sale with a 75% rebate. It's just the way thing goes... I'm not a medium and I cannot foresee what will be the best day to buy "that" specific game so I'm not even trying. When a game I'd like to buy achieve a price I deem reasonable -- that varies from game to game -- I buy, period.

And it's true that nowadays, unless you really need to have a game like "right now" it's far preferable to wait. That will remain valid until big publishers stop treating us like morons (one can always dream but regarding some publishers, I don't keep my hopes up -- yeah EA, you know you're on top of my shit list right now, with Ubisoft but not for the same reasons).

Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination encircles the world. -- A. Einstein

everything