Author Topic: The "Complete" Elder Scrolls Collection  (Read 1563 times)

Offline Silver Sorrow

• Forums Keeper
  • Totally Awesome Member - Won A Cookie!
The "Complete" Elder Scrolls Collection
« on: August 10, 2013, 10:24:51 AM »
Yup. Bethesda's squeezing more cash out of this thing by releasing The Complete [sic] Elder Scrolls Collection -- as detailed here -- on September 10th (and the 13th in Europe). Helpfully, they've mentioned exactly how much it will cost in multiple localities: $79.99 (€59.99 / £49.99 / $89.99AUD).

So what do you get? Arena and Daggerfall, both will launch with a DOS emulator (let's hope they provide it); Morrowind GOTY, Oblivion GOTY and Skyrim Legendary edition.

Not Included In This Complilation: Battlespire and Redguard (the Powers That Suck opine that these are mere spinoffs and aren't worth the time and effort to include them no matter what the stinking fans want, obviously), the various plugins for Morrowind (Helm of Tohan, Escape From Fire Island...or whatever it was called...and so on), and the various plugins for Oblivion (Mehrunes' Razor, Horse Armor, 101 Delicious And Easy-To-Make Unicorn Recipes, etc.).

So it really isn't complete, not by a long shot.

An addendum was made:

As a bonus, the included Steam key will activate Steam versions of Morrowind GOTY and Oblivion GOTY Deluxe. Like the disc release of Oblivion, the deluxe versions include the main game, Knights of the Nine, and Shivering Isles, but it also adds English versions of the Wizard’s Tower, Fighter’s Stronghold, Orrery, Thives’ Den, The Vile Lair, Mehrunes’ Razor, and Horse Armor. These add-ons are not compatible with the disc version of the game, so you will need to use the Steam version to access them.

[Emphasis mine.] The OB GOTY Deluxe edition has all of the DLC. So if you buy the compilation, you'll get a Steam key that will activate the Deluxe version that... :sickbay:

This all just gives me a headache.
An interview with Kim Kardashian? Who wants to see that? I'd rather see an interview with the mortician's assistant who had to piece her head back together so they could have an open-casket funeral.

Offline Starfox

• Master Keeper
  • Did anybody see my lenses?
    • The Foxhole
Re: The "Complete" Elder Scrolls Collection
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2013, 09:59:02 AM »
And it doesn't even come with any scribonnaise which is a real shame  ;D

:computerfix:

Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination encircles the world. -- A. Einstein

Offline OrlopRat

• Hangar 16 Leftover
    • OrlopRat at Deviant Art
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2013, 09:18:01 AM »
What? no scribonnaise ? Scribonnaise is the very cement that holds the Elder Scrolls world together. Screw 'em.

What a missed opportunity. They could have included a jar of scribonnaise, and, in another jar, Timmy. A lot better than a replica septim or some dragon statue...

:hammerhead:
Tiens, voilà du boudin...

Offline Silver Sorrow

• Forums Keeper
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2013, 01:35:55 PM »
I was thinking of, say, a plastic Alduin...a squeeze bottle, in design. Perfect product tie-in.

When you're making your otherwise plain, boring sandwich, just flip Alduin's head back and squeeze his belly to dispense wonderful, FUNderful Scribo! Turn your drab, colorless lunch into an adventure worthy of A-list celebrity narration as a triumphant orchestral assault pounds the audience's eardrums into their buttholes!

Scribo...NNAISE!*

[* Timmy dares you to shake his jar. Go on, shake it. You'll see what happens.]
An interview with Kim Kardashian? Who wants to see that? I'd rather see an interview with the mortician's assistant who had to piece her head back together so they could have an open-casket funeral.

everything