Author Topic: Even Better Than The Tropics, Probably  (Read 1160 times)

Offline Silver Sorrow

• Forums Keeper
  • Totally Awesome Member - Won A Cookie!
Even Better Than The Tropics, Probably
« on: November 16, 2013, 09:10:24 PM »
Seasons of Skyrim Project - Summer and Winter

The Summer mod makes it...well...summer...in Skyrim. The Winter mod makes it more wintry. Or "winter-y" if you prefer. ::)

So here I am in the middle of November. If you've guessed that I have the Summer mod installed, then you would be correct. Everything is lush and...and...green and...it's...like Oblivion, in a...way...

...you know, if I had known that my ultimate destination in this game was a summer landscape, I could've just reinstalled Oblivion and saved myself a hundred bucks or so.

And taking that thought a step further, if I had known about Oblivion's intense greenery, I might have just reinstalled Morrowind, moved in with the Ahemussa tribe and saved myself well over TWO hundred bucks.

I would post screenshots, but I'm bitter.
An interview with Kim Kardashian? Who wants to see that? I'd rather see an interview with the mortician's assistant who had to piece her head back together so they could have an open-casket funeral.

Offline Starfox

• Master Keeper
  • Totally Awesome Member - Won A Cookie!
  • Did anybody see my lenses?
    • The Foxhole
Re: Even Better Than The Tropics, Probably
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2013, 04:38:43 AM »
The amusing part is that there are already seasons in Skyrim. People seems to constantly tune that out and for some reasons are eager to create global warming (or cooling). Me? I want Winter, I go install myself in my cozy archmage apartments in Winterhold or go have a beer in Windhelm. I want spring? Down to Falkreath I go with a particularly well situated manor (that is if one has the appropriate DLC. Autumn? No problem... Riven here I am. Summer? Well, Whiterun seems appropriate. An there's even those area between two seasons like Windstat manor (end of Winter, snow melting down) and the area North from Loreius Farm which seems to be constantly between Autumn and Winter.

So OK, to that some people would say: "Skyrim is not that vast: It cannot possibly contain four seasons at the same time". To which I'd say "This is a GAME people, a medieval fantasy that does not even take place on Earth -- as Masser and Secunda keep reminding us -- so why the need to respect constant rules like one season for the whole country?"

I like the weather in Skyrim and its diversity. Much better than Oblivion that was too much of the same greeny, saturated and over-blooming thing.

Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination encircles the world. -- A. Einstein

everything