Author Topic: Dungeons, but no dragons  (Read 1257 times)

Offline OrlopRat

• Totally Awesome Member - Won A Cookie!
  • Hangar 16 Leftover
    • OrlopRat at Deviant Art
Dungeons, but no dragons
« on: January 25, 2014, 07:46:12 PM »
Just dropping by to say..

A) I'm not dead, and

B) This looks interesting:

Kingdom Come: Deliverance
Tiens, voilĂ  du boudin...

Offline Silver Sorrow

• Forums Keeper
Re: Dungeons, but no dragons
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2014, 01:35:33 AM »
Not dead?? That's great! That means I haven't lost the pool why would I say that there is no pool you never saw that.

That does look good; personally, I'd like a game with Vikings and Samurai fighting each other with lightsabers, but I'll take realistic combat without the taint of elves, sure. :ok:

Side note: crafting one's own weapons. I'm guessing that the weapons I craft are appropriate to the era; I won't be able to craft a katana or an AR-15.

While I'm floundering around with irrelevancies already, I hope there's a bubonic plague mechanic. That would've made an excellent selling point for the game:

[dramatic music] "Lance Your Own Buboes!" [disturbing images]

Enough out of me. Looks interesting!
An interview with Kim Kardashian? Who wants to see that? I'd rather see an interview with the mortician's assistant who had to piece her head back together so they could have an open-casket funeral.

Offline Starfox

• Master Keeper
  • Did anybody see my lenses?
    • The Foxhole
Re: Dungeons, but no dragons
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2014, 03:14:51 PM »
Good to see you're still kicking (and don't tell us what).

About the game... I'm somewhat balanced. First: realism may be good or totally annoying. That depends on the level of realism and the way it is implemented. Games were made to strictly emulate reality they were made to have fun. There are simulators for that but true simulators are rarely games. Example of annoying reality "game"... Operation Flashpoint... ARMA... here are "games" where you can die from one misplaced bullet fired by a lucky bastard 150 meters away and you literally don't even know what hit you.

True, that's realistic but as for being game friendly? Not so much, unless one likes to confuse masochistic frustration and gaming pleasure.

Second thing in the little video that made made me uneasy... "sandbox quests". Immediately I had bad flashbacks of Skyrim Radiant system...

But hey, I'll keep an eye on this one anyway.

Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination encircles the world. -- A. Einstein

everything