Author Topic: And Now For Something Completely Boring  (Read 1174 times)

Offline Silver Sorrow

• Forums Keeper
  • Totally Awesome Member - Won A Cookie!
And Now For Something Completely Boring
« on: June 26, 2014, 09:58:14 AM »
Spread the ennui around, I say.

So in another long slog through the Thieves Guild -- because I'm crafting a complete character who is head of all the major guilds -- I stumbled upon something that bothered me the last time I played through that quest line: the omnipresent Stephen Russell.

Now, this is different from Oblivion's thing; Wes Johnson talking to Wes Johnson about tomatoes until Wes Johnson walks up and Wes Johnson talks to Wes Johnson about not being able to tell the Verus brothers apart while Wes Johnson walks off to ask Wes Johnson, who just finished a fascinating conversation about mudcrabs with Wes Johnson, if there was any news about the other provinces.

No, this was a little more irritating, in a way. Brynjolf and Delvin were unique voices. Then I talked to Mercer, the boss, voiced by Stephen Russell because he was Garrett in Thief -- HA! GET IT!!? I enjoy these subtle references, Bethesda! You shits!-- and later I followed Stephen Russell's plan to wreck Honningbrew Meadery for Maven, then I took a job from Stephen Russell in Solitude to frame a ship captain...

...ridiculous. I bought some stuff from Stephen Russell's general store in Whiterun, sold a few things to Stephen Russell in Riverwood before he roped me into recovering his stolen dragon claw (it would have been too much to bear if the thief himself was Stephen Russell as well). Later, I was attacked by Stephen Russell the master vampire, and another time, by Stephen Russell the Boethiah cultist.

I like Stephen Russell, but seriously, Bethesda...there is some room for improvement here.
An interview with Kim Kardashian? Who wants to see that? I'd rather see an interview with the mortician's assistant who had to piece her head back together so they could have an open-casket funeral.

Offline The Rogue Wolf

• Forums Keeper
Re: And Now For Something Completely Boring
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2014, 10:05:22 AM »
Hey, at least it wasn't Nolan North.
"Choice one: we flank them using what military men called tactics, and what religious men call divine inspiration. Or, we charge at them head on screaming various obscenities, in what military men call bravery and religious men also call divine inspiration."

Offline Silver Sorrow

• Forums Keeper
  • Totally Awesome Member - Won A Cookie!
Re: And Now For Something Completely Boring
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2014, 10:49:58 PM »
Yeah, that guy...yikes.

Let's see...or Phil Lamarr. When Doom3 came out, I think he was in just about every game that came out that year.

Then there's Erik Dellums: Nazir (and also Three Dog, but never mind that now)...and he also narrates a show on one of the "science" channels. Last time I was flipping through the channels I stumbled across that show and remarked casually that earlier, the narrator had ordered me to murder a helpless beggar.

The other person in the room looked at me quite oddly.
An interview with Kim Kardashian? Who wants to see that? I'd rather see an interview with the mortician's assistant who had to piece her head back together so they could have an open-casket funeral.

everything