Author Topic: Surprise! Help an old fart out  (Read 2284 times)

Offline Lord Mantrid

• Sorry, you startled me. I was doing Snorkel Shots.
Surprise! Help an old fart out
« on: June 30, 2014, 03:01:03 PM »
Hey guys, so I know I've been gone for a while. I've been working on a bunch of projects trying to get my life in order so I haven't really had time to be doing any gaming, much less getting on gaming forums. My grandmother's been sick and my house looks like a Salvation Army got hid with an IED. So anyway, I entered a film contest with my college friend Trey last month and today is the last day of voting on who gets the popular vote. The name of the video is "One City, One Dream" and it's basically a piece trying to help restore the reputation of the once great Anniston, Alabama that has fallen onto hard times recently. We are in the lead currently but the voting cuts off at midnight and I would love it if you guys could help support this project as I'm hoping it will lead to bigger, greater things. Filmmaking has always been one of my biggest passions (That and voice acting) so anything you guys can do I'd greatly appreciate.

http://cityofstorytellers.infignosmedia.com/PostVideo.cfm?Video=Wt5MHouBEpA

There is a countdown timer on the left side of the page (I know, stupid) and when it runs out it turns into a box where you can enter your email address and then you just click "vote". This could potentially lead to something big! Thanks again and I promise I'll try to post more
Spoiler
valv softwer is 3d relms in teh futuer!!!!!!111!1!1one1!

Offline Silver Sorrow

• Forums Keeper
  • Totally Awesome Member - Won A Cookie!
Re: Surprise! Help an old fart out
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2014, 12:54:17 AM »
My grandmother's been sick and my house looks like a Salvation Army got hid with an IED.

Sorry to hear that; since my mother's convalescence, around here it looks like Warehouse 13 compressed into about 1800 square feet...except that none of what I have is even remotely interesting.

But I digress.

So I voted, despite the fact that your movie did not feature any exploding boats. And while informative, I found that the use of The Force was sadly lacking, especially during the love scenes. Still...not bad.

:ok:
An interview with Kim Kardashian? Who wants to see that? I'd rather see an interview with the mortician's assistant who had to piece her head back together so they could have an open-casket funeral.

Offline OrlopRat

• Hangar 16 Leftover
    • OrlopRat at Deviant Art
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2014, 09:27:20 AM »
I tried to vote. but I was too late (dammit), I missed the midnight deadline. I usually check in here in the morning, and there lies the problem.  :hammerhead:

I did watch the video though, and I enjoyed it, but then I'm a history geek, so I'm easy. I'm any case, good to see you here Lord Mantrid, I've been AWOL myself, but I have no real excuse other than laziness and sloth (is that redundant? Perhaps). The best with everything, I really hope all works out well and good for you and yours.  :ok:
Tiens, voilĂ  du boudin...

Offline bobdog

« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2014, 09:28:12 AM »
Yes, you have some talent at this! I could see you in the advertising end of things, working on promo vids for places and products. Hope you win!

Offline Starfox

• Master Keeper
  • Did anybody see my lenses?
    • The Foxhole
« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2014, 03:40:49 PM »
Dammit, who's this "Orloprat" guy? Another spammer?

:funup:

Well I voted (in time) but had no time to post a comment. I didn't even know there was an Anniston so I learned something new which is always a good thing. Nice place. And I wish you the best for your projects.

As I was out on this beautiful day I took a couple of pictures too (though it was more like testing my cellphone camera). So here's the Seine at Rouen (which Gauls called Ratumacos and the Romans Rotomagus -- this for the benefit of the stranger named Orloprat  ;D ), in Normandy of course. The parts I shot here were totally ruined during WWII so in fact the oldest building in the pictures date back to the 50s. There's some parts spared by war that date back to the Renaissance and even the Middle Age but they're small and obviously not visible there.

OK, enough tourist advice for the day...  :lol:

Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination encircles the world. -- A. Einstein

Offline Silver Sorrow

• Forums Keeper
« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2014, 01:25:48 AM »
:ok:

It must be nice to live in a place with, you know, things to look at. I'd go out and take a few shots of the local scenery, but...well...we don't have any local scenery. (There have been attempts, but nothing ever came of them.)

But just wait until my neighbor's trees become infested with bagworms: that's when things get REALLY interesting around here!

:bananaparty: :madscientist: :partying: :heavym: :vacation:

Ah, the adrenaline rush. Brings back memories of my granddad burning the little bastards out of his pecan tree as grandma screamed at him that he was gonna burn the house down. Hey...they were both from Alabama! Mobile, to be precise.

I'm sure that may be relevant somehow, but whatever.

And was that an Orloprat sighting??  :ss-ahhhh
An interview with Kim Kardashian? Who wants to see that? I'd rather see an interview with the mortician's assistant who had to piece her head back together so they could have an open-casket funeral.

Offline bobdog

« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2014, 08:58:34 AM »
Mmmmm ... bagworms .... Nothing more disgusting than spiderwebs with little roiling masses of worms crawling all around. [SHUDDER]

And what are you saying that you have nothing to look at? Why, just down the street from you are three Circle K's, a 7-11, and a Little Caesars!!  :smoking:

Offline Lord Mantrid

• Sorry, you startled me. I was doing Snorkel Shots.
« Reply #7 on: July 19, 2014, 02:57:33 AM »
I appreciate all the support guys. As far as I know I did win the popular vote. They are taking their sweet time about announcing everything because apparently two of their judges for the "juried vote" are not doing their jobs and are taking forever. I heard something about August being the official announcment. To me, that's absolutely ridiculous, but I mean whatever. At the deadline we were sitting at a 225 vote lead, which is was my goal that last day to beat them worse than Georgia Tech beat Cumberland College. I managed to accomplish that, so 'merica.
Spoiler
valv softwer is 3d relms in teh futuer!!!!!!111!1!1one1!