Author Topic: More Random Babbling: 2015  (Read 7543 times)

Offline Silver Sorrow

• Forums Keeper
  • Totally Awesome Member - Won A Cookie!
Re: More Random Babbling: 2015
« Reply #45 on: November 09, 2015, 11:52:55 PM »
I think the DVD version on Amazon.com is three cents cheaper than the PC download. :P  Plus, you get a poster with all the Perks on it, as a bonus for pre-ordering.

Imagine my excitement.

If I can get a major cash infusion tomorrow, I'll buy it. And I'll be one of those people who experience the joy of a pre-patched FO4, and as such be able to complain bitterly (but with authority!) about how they nerfed this or that in the inevitable slew of patches over the next year.

Friends actors were already pulling $1 million an episode and that was 12 years ago... So considering the inflation I'd say she's underpaid  :purplelaugh:

True, and it reminds me of when Mark Harmon was being interviewed on some late night talk show. NCIS has been the top CBS show for several years now, and he was asked if the network did anything special for them, considering that the network gave Jerry Seinfeld a Porsche (allegedly), and Harmon said something to the effect of, "We got a cake."

That may be but we have a saying here which goes like -- loosely translated -- "Beware of dormant waters". Meaning that it's generally the ones who seems to pose no threat who end up being suddenly lethal while the ones who keep barking end up cowering in a corner when the time comes.

A variation is "Still waters run deep." But I think that may refer to something else entirely. Now I'm sorry I even mentioned it.  :ss-shootme

I would like to think that Jennifer would win, because she is America's Sweetheart...but I'm sure she could be handy with a shotgun.  :lol:

[Sorry, but I had this weird image of Jolie jumping on a railing and ripping off her dress to reveal her double mastectomy scars, screaming "I was so scared of cancer that I cut my tits off!" She cackles insanely and is struck by a dangling high-voltage wire. She screams horribly as she's electrocuted: her eyes burst and her blood boils. It's little vignettes like this that keep my stomach in a state of constant turmoil.]

And if you ever play the new Wolfenstein you'll end up with more of that high quality. Dear Id Tech 5, you sucked in 2011, you still suck today. And you'll still suck in the next DooM but apparently Bethesda doesn't care.

It's something to look forward to, though.  :ss-ahhhh

I'll admit to a few apprehensions about FO4: Will it look as pedestrian as the screenshots show? Will the female characters' hair move? Should I hold off buying the Season Pass until DLC is confirmed? Should I be pissed off about the delay of editing tools?

I have a lot more questions, but I'm thirsty and I have to drink enough fluids to make sure that I'm getting up every hour to hit the can tonight.
An interview with Kim Kardashian? Who wants to see that? I'd rather see an interview with the mortician's assistant who had to piece her head back together so they could have an open-casket funeral.

Offline Starfox

• Master Keeper
  • Did anybody see my lenses?
    • The Foxhole
« Reply #46 on: November 10, 2015, 03:06:40 AM »
I think the DVD version on Amazon.com is three cents cheaper than the PC download. :P  Plus, you get a poster with all the Perks on it, as a bonus for pre-ordering.

Well, either Amazon France made a mistake in the pricing or something fishy is going on... Wait... Oh, it appears that Amazon FR has a 27% price rebate currently going on as a pre-order bonus on the DVD version. So sure no poster but 27% less.

Edit: there's rumors about the DVD version being in fact an empty box with a Steam code inside. That would really be utterly absurd considering the price difference between the DVD version and just the Steam code. I guess I'll see in a couple days.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2015, 03:13:47 AM by Starfox »

Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination encircles the world. -- A. Einstein

Offline Silver Sorrow

• Forums Keeper
« Reply #47 on: December 12, 2015, 10:56:56 AM »
An empty box with a Steam code inside? Sadly, that would not surprise me in this day and age. :'(

And now for some poetry. I call this:

Dreamer's Lament

Footsteps above me
disturbing my sleep
I only wish
I'd been buried a little more deep.

Thank you.

...what? I didn't say it was *good* poetry. Jeez.
An interview with Kim Kardashian? Who wants to see that? I'd rather see an interview with the mortician's assistant who had to piece her head back together so they could have an open-casket funeral.