Author Topic: DA Inquisition Patch 7...and other things...Released  (Read 1758 times)

Offline Silver Sorrow

• Forums Keeper
  • Totally Awesome Member - Won A Cookie!
DA Inquisition Patch 7...and other things...Released
« on: May 05, 2015, 04:28:01 PM »
Yup. The sadistic control freaks at Bioware have released Patch 7, which should either improve or disimprove your game, depending on whether or not "disimprove" is a word.

They've also released the Dragonslayer Multiplayer Expansion (pfft) and The Black Emporium.

Firstly, the Patch 7 Notes. It's quite a read. I'll point out a few entries that caught my eye.

[PC] Added new feature that allows users to sheathe and unsheathe their weapons. This feature can be accessed via the key-binding screen.

Um...why?

[PC] Fixed an issue which would place the AOE targetting reticule to be placed in odd locations when using the mouse look toggle feature

That's actually useful. Thank you.

Balance changed on Arcane Warriors. “Spirit Blade” now costs more and does less damage to Barriers and Guard in multiplayer. “Spirit Blade” no longer applies a damage bonus in both play modes.

That's what I wanted the most: Bioware to nerf the only useful specialization and thus wreck any sort of advantage I might have over their ridiculously overpowered nuisance creatures, just to appease the whiny nerds who complained bitterly about how "game-breaking" Knight-Enchanter is and how it "absolutely ruins" the game for them to be so powerful.

Ass wipes.

Fixed a few beards which did not align with player faces correctly

But they still look stupid, right? Good. I'd hate to think they'd purposely improve the beards when they put so much effort into making them ridiculous in the first place.

I'm not a Frenchie, I'm a Belgie!!

And it goes on and on. No word on whether they'll try in a future patch to make hair look better than what you find on Lego characters.

Now. Dragonslayer. There's even a Dragonslayer FAQ, for those of you who care about MP expansions. Hint: I do not.

The premise is, essentially, is that you fight virtual giant flying fire/frost/lightning-breathing lizards in a futile effort to add some sort of meaning to your sad, pathetic little ruin of a life, but with the added bonus of doing so with other similarly-doomed individuals, many of whom will probably call you a "fagOtttt!!!!!1111" at some point. And you will deserve it.

To further entice the mouth-breathing multiplayer enthusiasts in the audience, there are three NPCs who will aid you in fomenting what is essentially dragon genocide. You sick freaks. They are: some Avvar guy, a mage with a lute -- aka, a goddamn bard -- and Isabella. Because we all know how useful bards and rogues are against dragons. Your only hope, you dragon-murdering bastard, is that the dragon will choke to death on the lute when he eats the bard.

Finally, The Black Emporium.

The Black Emporium expansion adds four high-level stores that sell epic weapons, powerful accessories, new crafting materials and schematics, and other hard-to-find items. Change your facial appearance with the Mirror of Transformation. Accessible from the war table, The Black Emporium provides even more ways to customize your Inquisition.

I've actually been waiting for this, as I desperately want to exchange my current set of ugly eyebrows for eyebrows that are...well...perhaps equally ugly, but different.

The good news is that all of this shit is free, dude. I mean it. It's all free.

Now if you'll excuse me, I'm off to see if mods will work with the newest patch. Those eyebrows, man.
It is the scent of garlic that lingers on my chocolate fingers

Offline Starfox

• Master Keeper
  • Did anybody see my lenses?
    • The Foxhole
Re: DA Inquisition Patch 7...and other things...Released
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2015, 05:47:23 AM »
Um...why?

Possibly the same reasons there was a "flourish" key in KOTOR. Just a thing that has some meaning to only 1% of the gaming population but no game can be complete without.

Although if one is allowed to sheathe the weapon during combat I can imagine that it could be useful. Your speed is cut by about 25% with weapons drawn and although it doesn't matter for mages and archers I can imagine that warriors and dual blade rogues could benefit from sheathing their weapons to close faster on the enemy.

They've also released the Dragonslayer Multiplayer Expansion (pfft) and The Black Emporium.

About multiplayer... yeah... What is this sound that Sera does when Solas try to talk to her?  Just that... Meaning, despite the fact that they are free, I never downloaded any expansion related to MP for Mass Effect 3 and I don't intend to for DA3 either. In my case it would just be a frigging waste of disk space.

The Black Emporium is more interesting... And free which is a surprise (the DA2 version was free for people who pre-ordered but it was not for the others). Only  reproach I have to do... no armor for sale. But it's already great for obtaining all those weapon shematics that one can easily miss in the world and to gather some crafting resources without having to run everywhere. They are damn pricey but I guess it's a gameplay balance thing. And of course the mirror of transformation, possibly the most awaited features by guys like us  :lol:

That's what I wanted the most: Bioware to nerf the only useful specialization and thus wreck any sort of advantage I might have over their ridiculously overpowered nuisance creatures,

From what I saw the change only seems to be for MP modes, though.

And is it just me or the game takes forever to load now? I mean it was already long before but there? I could easily go and make myself a cup of coffee just waiting for Skyhold to load after starting the game. My Windows loads faster (much faster, in about 10 seconds thanks to the SSD) which is completely ironic.

Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination encircles the world. -- A. Einstein

Offline Silver Sorrow

• Forums Keeper
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2015, 05:36:27 PM »
Although if one is allowed to sheathe the weapon during combat I can imagine that it could be useful.

That's a good reaon; there have been times when some idiot hostile was far away and it took forever to chase it down, due to my character's inability to just let some things go.  :P  It's easy to simply tell everyone to disengage...but how do I tell myself? Deep breathing? Yoga? So being able to move faster would make that easier for my Type A Inquisitor.

no armor for sale.

Hmmm...I was hoping they'd offer more, but then I remembered the embarrasment of riches from DA2 (there wasn't enough storage in Kirwall for all the uselss crap they gave me), and thought, okay, schematics and the mirror are plenty, thank you.   :lol:

They are damn pricey but I guess it's a gameplay balance thing.

Could be...I think it's also because they're anal-retentive jerks. :lol:

From what I saw the change only seems to be for MP modes, though.

I'm hoping that's the extent. They really shouldn't be messing with the SP experience, in any case.

And is it just me or the game takes forever to load now?

Goody! More waiting! Even before the patch I'd been stockpiling activites nearby for the interminable wait: books, crossword puzzles, food, hallucinogens, feral animals, laundry that needs folding, etc.

So...I left off in the middle of that stupid Winter Palace party (story-wise: great; gameplay-wise: screeching halt) a few days before the patch and BE, so I'm not able...or willing...to experiment with anything just yet. In the meantime I've been reminding myself why I'm not a big fan of most games released after 2001.  ::)

Crap. The weather's all thundery and rumbly and windy...again...and I need to turn everything off.

Offline Silver Sorrow

• Forums Keeper
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2015, 01:48:10 AM »
I've been keeping an eye on how the modderss are doing with the latest patch and the mod manager, and I don't think it's going so well...from my viewpoint, anyway. Apparently the only mods the game has trouble with are: cosmetic mods. And those are the only type of mods I run, that is.  :ss-disbelief

Problem is, even if they fix it all...I don't really care anymore. I've played the game all the way through once already, and I've had enough of it. So...

Offline Starfox

• Master Keeper
  • Did anybody see my lenses?
    • The Foxhole
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2015, 08:07:14 AM »
I've played the game all the way through once already, and I've had enough of it.

Yep, I've been in The Witcher 3 for a few days so I know how that feels :lol: What I can say right now about TW3 is that with this product CD Projekt RED has what it takes to kick Bioware in the balls pretty hard especially when it comes to story, quests settings and complexity (both MQ and most secondary quests). I won't comment further since this is not a TW3 thread but this time Bioware faces a most serious contender for the RPG crown (which was not entirely obvious even with TW2 but between TW2 and TW3 there's like a world of difference).

Too bad CD Projekt RED shot themselves in the foot with a major initial bug that pissed off most gamers whatever the hardware (I was in the lot but I was among the 50% of lucky ones who got it sorted out just tweaking a parameters in the options so I just lost a few hours instead of days-- it is to be noted amusingly enough that most if not all the unlucky ones possess nVidia hardware, I say amusing because the game bears the "plays best on nVidia" seal).

Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination encircles the world. -- A. Einstein