Author Topic: Fallout...4?  (Read 1518 times)

Offline Silver Sorrow

• Forums Keeper
  • Totally Awesome Member - Won A Cookie!
Fallout...4?
« on: June 02, 2015, 09:51:56 PM »
There's currently a countdown timer at the official site.

Let's engage in a bit of universal harmonic convergence by chanting -- with great conviction -- that the next Fallout will not be an MMO. Ready? Chant. Chant, goddamnit. By all that's good and right in the world, we don't need another fucking MMO.
An interview with Kim Kardashian? Who wants to see that? I'd rather see an interview with the mortician's assistant who had to piece her head back together so they could have an open-casket funeral.

Offline Doc_Brown

• Forums Keeper
  • Weaver of Tales
Re: Fallout...4?
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2015, 11:11:57 AM »
Announcement Trailer

While there isn't any other info as of yet, does it seem a little... same-y to anyone else?
Roads?  Where we're going we don't need roads.

Offline Starfox

• Master Keeper
  • Did anybody see my lenses?
    • The Foxhole
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2015, 04:53:02 PM »
Well, i have the video but I don't have a page or a counter. More precisely the thing take my region (hence FR) and try to serve me a page that obviously doesn't exist. That's Bethesda...

What troubles me in the video is the apparent lack of graphic quality. It seems worse than Skyrim. But I guess it's a little early to tell. After all we have virtually no info other than this video (which I hope is not representative -- I have my doubt as generally companies tend to make the promo videos look better than the game itself not worse).

Same-y? Definitely but it's hard to take the Fallout lore and make something entirely different without touching the said lore in the deep. All the Fallout games happened in the US (they did California twice, then Washington DC and finally Las Vegas). The only way to bring real new blood to the series would be to change continent and that's something for which there was no provision in the lore. The war was between China and USA. Other countries were more or less brushed aside. That would be a real surprise to see the game happening in Europe (especially because there were no Vaults there and obviously Vaults are still a theme according to this video).

However... could it be that the hero is now voiced? That would be a rupture with Bethesda traditions.

As for MMO, I don't think we have to worry too much. First they won't shoot their own foot doing something that would so obviously displease the majority of the fanbase and second, I don't think that the TES Online experiment exploded any record sales.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2015, 04:58:15 PM by Starfox »

Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination encircles the world. -- A. Einstein

Offline Silver Sorrow

• Forums Keeper
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2015, 08:30:21 AM »
I guess they don't want to give anything away just yet, as the Big Reveal isn't for another week (or so)...still, it looks like a *really* delayed teaser for Fallout 3: oh, look...it's Dogmeat. In low-res.  :P

Vault 111...there's some conjecture that it will be in Boston (The Commonwealth). Sure beats the hell out of setting the game in Kansas (official state motto: "At Least It Ain't Nebraska").

I wouldn't mind seeing a Fallout set in China, or other locales. Hey...Fallout: Vatican City! A 20-foot radioactive mutant Pope sounds absolutely terrifying...

I hope the voiced hero is just for the benefit of the teaser. I kinda like my heroes mute.

While I'm fairly confident it won't be an MMO, this brings up something unpleasant: it may be another four or five years until the next TES game.

EDIT: just remembered where I put my Gordon smiley.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2015, 10:41:27 AM by Silver Sorrow »
An interview with Kim Kardashian? Who wants to see that? I'd rather see an interview with the mortician's assistant who had to piece her head back together so they could have an open-casket funeral.

Offline Starfox

• Master Keeper
  • Did anybody see my lenses?
    • The Foxhole
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2015, 06:48:11 PM »
Well, Fallout 4 store page is up on Steam. No description nor date of launch as of yet, just one screenshot and the video we already know but a price (€59.99 so if I know Bethesda well $59.99).

Not very surprising. Bethesda only ever make a release announcement when they are about 3 months from release. They're not particularly interested in letting fan know how the development is going. Oddly enough, that works for them...

Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination encircles the world. -- A. Einstein

Offline Lord Mantrid

• Sorry, you startled me. I was doing Snorkel Shots.
« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2015, 11:01:59 AM »
I ordered the Pipboy Edition, because who cares about not being broke, right?
Spoiler
valv softwer is 3d relms in teh futuer!!!!!!111!1!1one1!