Author Topic: Bethesda, E3, and You  (Read 1016 times)

Offline Silver Sorrow

• Forums Keeper
  • Totally Awesome Member - Won A Cookie!
Bethesda, E3, and You
« on: June 15, 2015, 04:56:04 PM »
Okay, maybe not *you* specifically, but...never mind.

Gamespot has a bunch of videos from Bethesda's E3 showcase right here.

Battlecry: class-based multiplayer...okay, you just lost me. Next!

Dishonored 2: I never finished the first one, so what makes them think...? Next.

Doom: Yes, please. Looks like the best thing for the franchise was prying it out of Carmack's increasingly weird hands.

Fallout 4: Hallelujah, pass the Rad-Away. The Collector's edition even comes with a real Pip-boy. Our Hero, Todd Howard, explains it all. I guess it would look nice on my shelf...because I'm pretty sure that if I wore that thing on my arm in public, I'd be shot for a terrorist within seconds. Hell, I don't even have a cellphone to put in the thing. How do I pass the time in waiting rooms, you ask? Books. You know, those things made from the carcasses of dead brave courageous trees? I know, the Analog Kid right here.

The Elder Scrolls Legends: It's a card game. Pass.  :ss-meh

ESO: Tamriel Unlimited: :ss-facepalm

Anyway, yeah. Fallout 4 and Doom. The only thing that could make this day better is someone competent brought back Unreal (not UT...NEVER UT), Blood, Quake, and erased the most recent Thief abortion from living memory. But I digress.
An interview with Kim Kardashian? Who wants to see that? I'd rather see an interview with the mortician's assistant who had to piece her head back together so they could have an open-casket funeral.

Offline Starfox

• Master Keeper
  • Totally Awesome Member - Won A Cookie!
  • Did anybody see my lenses?
    • The Foxhole
Re: Bethesda, E3, and You
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2015, 07:48:39 AM »
Doom: Yes, please. Looks like the best thing for the franchise was prying it out of Carmack's increasingly weird hands.

Could be cool but... Id Tech? Again? For crying out loud. Crappy textures, shitty fps... Yeah that's all we need, a new game with a dead engine. I guess that one of the clauses in the contract when Zenimax bought Id was to use the damn thing in as many titles as possible. Really, I'm playing the latest Id Tech Engine based game (Wolfenstein: The Old Blood) right now and I have no desire whatsoever to see more of the thing. Not that the game isn't good but the engine is a catastrophe.

Dishonored 2: I never finished the first one, so what makes them think...? Next.

I actually liked the first one so I'll see what the second one gives. Just hoping for a little more eye candy as a plus this time around because the textures of the first game really sucked.

Fallout 4: so I guess the general image quality of the first video was kind of... final? Anyway, it's a Fallout game so in the end it's the gameplay that we'll judge still pleasing the eyes never hurts. (note to self: you are developing a graphic obsession... maybe you have been spoiled by The Witcher 3?) Giving players the mean to construct their own home is one thing but they have to want to live in the game world for that to work. Still some gameplay concepts are interesting like the weapon modification system and the construction. Waiting to see more.

The Elder Scrolls Legends... they did the did the same thing with The Witcher (the so called The Witcher: The Adventure Game) and I'll say what I said then: cards games belong on a tabletop not on a computer screen.

Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination encircles the world. -- A. Einstein