Author Topic: KOTOR 2: The Return of the Jedi  (Read 843 times)

Offline Starfox

• Master Keeper
  • Totally Awesome Member - Won A Cookie!
  • Did anybody see my lenses?
    • The Foxhole
KOTOR 2: The Return of the Jedi
« on: July 30, 2015, 10:03:40 PM »
Quite amazingly, the Steam version of Knight of the Republic 2 received a consequential update this week that includes mainly native widescreen and controller support -- no more need to fumble with config files, executable or external software, no small thing because to change the resolution in KOTOR one has to modify the executable code. IMHO, this unexpected (but not unwelcome) update for what is an old game after all, is linked to the release next November of the Steam Link and the Steam controller. It just seems that KOTOR 2 was selected to be part of the bundle of games that will be immediately "Steam hardware friendly" when the said hardware will be available.

This update seems to be Steam specific (DVD and GOG versions do not seem affected). The first KOTOR (Steam or not) is not affected either.

Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination encircles the world. -- A. Einstein

Offline Silver Sorrow

• Forums Keeper
  • Totally Awesome Member - Won A Cookie!
Re: KOTOR 2: The Return of the Jedi
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2015, 07:31:21 AM »
This will come in handy if I ever finish the first game and decide, hey, why not play the second game? :hammerhead:

I only hope that they may someday decide to fix the first game too, because getting that thing to run in widescreen was a total pain.
An interview with Kim Kardashian? Who wants to see that? I'd rather see an interview with the mortician's assistant who had to piece her head back together so they could have an open-casket funeral.

everything