Author Topic: Bring Back MST3K!  (Read 1001 times)

Offline Silver Sorrow

• Forums Keeper
  • Totally Awesome Member - Won A Cookie!
Bring Back MST3K!
« on: November 11, 2015, 01:52:43 PM »
Joel Hodgson's got a Kickstarter thing going on, trying to bring back MST3K...uh, Mystery Science Theater 3000, for those of you not in the know. The goal is to raise $2.2 million for a 3 episode run, but ultimately they want $5.5 million for a 12 episode season.

Oh. Here's the Kickstarter page.

They've already amassed $1,082,247 at this very moment, and it's only been one day.

From Joel's video pitch, it sounds as if Kevin Murphy and Trace Beaulieu are back as Servo and Crow, respectively...if I had any sort of hope in this benighted existence, it would involve bringing Mike Nelson back as head writer. :ss-sparkly
An interview with Kim Kardashian? Who wants to see that? I'd rather see an interview with the mortician's assistant who had to piece her head back together so they could have an open-casket funeral.

Offline Silver Sorrow

• Forums Keeper
  • Totally Awesome Member - Won A Cookie!
Re: Bring Back MST3K!
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2015, 04:49:27 PM »
So the Kickstarter thing is over. With what they amassed from that and other sources, there's enough money in the kitty for *14* episodes. This includes a Christmas episode, which was a bonus for reaching a certain milestone. Also, Patton Oswalt and Felicia Day have been attached to the project...
An interview with Kim Kardashian? Who wants to see that? I'd rather see an interview with the mortician's assistant who had to piece her head back together so they could have an open-casket funeral.