Author Topic: A Mod Contest For The Witcher 3  (Read 806 times)

Offline Silver Sorrow

• Forums Keeper
  • Totally Awesome Member - Won A Cookie!
A Mod Contest For The Witcher 3
« on: December 11, 2015, 08:24:58 AM »
The page: http://thewitcher.com/modcontest

Create the best mod, win a real sword. I wonder if that comes with a 25%-off coupon for the winner's E/R bill?

This should spark some interesting/embarrassing conversations, though:

"Oh, my...Afghanistan?"

"Uh...no. San Diego Comic-Con."

[EDIT: what idiot decided NOT to turn "Comic-Con" into a portmanteau? "ComiCon." Classic! ::)]
An interview with Kim Kardashian? Who wants to see that? I'd rather see an interview with the mortician's assistant who had to piece her head back together so they could have an open-casket funeral.

Offline Starfox

• Master Keeper
  • Did anybody see my lenses?
    • The Foxhole
Re: A Mod Contest For The Witcher 3
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2015, 05:07:30 AM »
Oh yeah, because not being able to kill drowners with a candy cane is really killing me :purplelaugh: But hey, at least there's some originality (yeah, I'm looking at you Bethesda).

So OK, the sword is supposed to be silver. But I guess it's just a steel prop (at best).

You know what's embarrassing? Trying to write a positive review of Fallout 4.  :hammerhead: It's like if the damn game was trying to show me at each turn how stupid a game can be. Each time I think "hey, that's nice" there's two "that's plain wrong/idiotic/abysmal" just behind.

Did you notice at creation time the peculiar smiling attempts of the PC. It's like if she/he was saying "Yep, I caught a bus this morning... in the face... there will be sequels". Anyway...

Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination encircles the world. -- A. Einstein

Offline Silver Sorrow

• Forums Keeper
Re: A Mod Contest For The Witcher 3
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2015, 08:39:23 AM »
Santa Geralt and his array of candy cane weaponry: "This one tastes like blueberry death."

If someone was going to make a faithful replica of a game weapon, I'd put my vote in for Morrowind's Daedric claymore. Great Cthulhu's sciatica, I loved that sword.

But that's something I'm facing too: I challenge myself, when I'm faced with a game that has a lot of problems, to try and come up with at least one positive for every cluster of negatives. FO4 has demolished that. I got nothin' most of the time. I haven't even finished the MQ yet. Two weeks ago I met a certain someone at a certain place, then...just lost interest. I imagine I'll finish the thing eventually, but not right now.  ::)

The facial animations are hideous. Just hideous. It's like the animation/modeling department at Bethesda is filled entirely with mental defectives who simply cannot grasp the mechanics of the human form.
An interview with Kim Kardashian? Who wants to see that? I'd rather see an interview with the mortician's assistant who had to piece her head back together so they could have an open-casket funeral.